PDA

View Full Version : dieing laptop

zimmk2vgc
Jun 18, 2005, 05:39 PM
There is a very good reason as to why I don't run games on my laptop. Because it likes to randomly switch off.

Somehow the battery runs dry in 3 minutes,and yet won't boot with the mains plugged in if it stopped with the mains plugged in. I personally think that battery is fried.

I usually have it plugged into the mains when I'm using it. When I take it off the mains it dies after three minutes, but this never happened before. If it dies when plugged into the mains, it won't switch back on unless it is unplugged from the mains. And then has to be reconnected quickly otherwise it will die again. This sounds like a fried battery but I've just seen the price of notebook batteries and now I'm scared...

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2005, 05:35 PM
It could either be a dead battery (Li-ion batteries only have about 1-2 years of life); or a loose connection inside.

A friend had prblems with his laptop battery dying quickly; but when he took it to get it looked at, he only needed a piece to be re-soldiered on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-06-25 08:45 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Jun 23, 2005, 12:01 PM
Im just worried about taking it apart due to warranty etc. it looks like its going to have to go back again....

Ryna
Jun 23, 2005, 12:05 PM
On 2005-06-23 10:01, zimmk2vgc wrote:
Im just worried about taking it apart due to warranty etc. it looks like its going to have to go back again....

If you are not sure what the problem is, the best idea is to send the battery back. Poking around a battery can just easily cause things to go from bad to worse.