PDA

View Full Version : Will the GC have a stand-alone keyboard?

Davion
Aug 5, 2002, 06:43 PM
Will the GC have a stand-alone keyboard, or will the only keyboard be the controller/keyboard be the only way to chat?

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 5, 2002, 06:49 PM
So far the keyboard/controller combo is the only one I've seen/heard of.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 5, 2002, 07:23 PM
I'm sure there is a way to use, just a normal usb keyboard, but i'm not sure if it would be compatable with all games.

MushaTek
Aug 5, 2002, 07:38 PM
I say if Nintendo doesn't make one, there'll most likely some other third party company willing to do it, but I'm not gauranteeing anything...

Davion
Aug 5, 2002, 11:43 PM
I do agree that a third party will most likely make a keyboard. I hope they do.

Agent_Reav
Aug 6, 2002, 01:16 AM
GC doesn't have USB so that's not an option... But a company like mad catz will prolly make a keyboard... I just love the combo so much though so doesn't really matter to me much XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-08-05 23:17 ]</font>

OrionSunstar
Aug 6, 2002, 01:34 AM
i hope they do make a more basic keyboard, there's really no need for the combo one :/

Malkavian
Aug 6, 2002, 08:16 AM
Of course it will be, but when??? I don't know

merlin
Aug 6, 2002, 06:15 PM
Another option which we have yet to find out about is whether you can have your controller in port #1 and the hybrid keyboard in port #2, and just use the keyboard feature of the second one.

I'd say that Interact is most likely working on a stand alone keyboard at this moment. They've already completed the controllers and 3 different memory cards (which work great, by the way. I've had no problems with the test ones yet, and I've been using them constantly.)I'll find out soon.

DROID8
Aug 12, 2002, 05:37 AM
There HAS to be a keyboard option for the Cube. Have you ever tried to type something with just the DC controller? It's a nightmare. By the time you finish typing your message, you mates have gone up a level.

Hmmm, how good is that game voice for the Xbox going to be, could it acctually work?

Russta
Aug 12, 2002, 07:44 AM
Ummmm, or you could just make one yourself. Cut the end off of your old keyboard, strip back wires, cut the "beggining" off a GC pad or controller extension cabe, twist wires together, voila!

DROID8
Aug 12, 2002, 08:30 AM
Ehh Rusta, could you take step by step pictures of that? LOL!!!!!

HarleyQuinn
Aug 12, 2002, 08:39 AM
...perhaps including some tips on what to do if, in the process you electrocute yourself / burn the house down too. (j/k) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Russta
Aug 12, 2002, 09:24 AM
How can you electrecute yourself if nothing is plugged in?

1) Cut the end off of keyboard so you are left with bare wire. Strip back the wire so you are left with the copper.
2) Do the same with a Gamecube extension lead so you have bare wires on one end and the connection jack to the Gamecube ports on the other end.
3) Solder or twine the three copper wires together leaving the other one that hasn't got a colour match along. This one is just to tell a PC whats what.
4) Tape round the exposed part with electrical insulating tape.

RavenTW
Aug 12, 2002, 09:30 AM
Hey Russta, why don't you send a picture of that?

Ian D
Aug 12, 2002, 11:17 AM
I was actually thinking of doing something exactly like that, I'm gonna wait until PSO comes out first though... I need to find an old/cheap keyboard.

Strider_Gren
Aug 12, 2002, 07:08 PM
I beleive that Gameshark company will make a standalone Keyboard..

Ian D
Aug 14, 2002, 02:39 AM
On 2002-08-12 17:08, Strider_Gren wrote:
I beleive that Gameshark company will make a standalone Keyboard..

Gameshark is makin' something that benefits PSO players? What a twist. (Unless you like cheating on PSO...)