PDA

View Full Version : More pics of the 2 "missing" PSO classes

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 09:45 PM
I thought as people were talking about the HUnewm, that you might be interested in seeing the other pics of him. One of the variations is very weird!

I have the Book Of Hunters which showed the designs of all the classes they considered, including the 3 new ones in Episode I & II, so I've scanned in the full pages. There is also another female class which hasn't been put it yet.

Personally I would rather have seen these 2 in the game than the ones they chose.

http://www.blurtigo.freeserve.co.uk/PSO2.jpg
http://www.blurtigo.freeserve.co.uk/PSO1.jpg

rbf2000
Aug 5, 2002, 09:48 PM
Is that a HUmarl?

Celestial
Aug 5, 2002, 09:59 PM
HUnewm and HUmarl. that duck thing is EARLY draft of a "Newm"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Celestial on 2002-08-05 20:00 ]</font>

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 5, 2002, 10:04 PM
Pretty interesting. I think a HUmarl would've been a cool addition.

The mags were designed to have positions near the legs as well.

FinalMasterM
Aug 5, 2002, 10:06 PM
I've always wondered why some of these ideas were killed, I mean the full-body mags look really cool, and that weapon the green-haired HUnewearl is holding looks cool also.

Nash
Aug 5, 2002, 10:12 PM
With talk of additional Mag colours and stuff, I'm hoping we'll see leg-mounted Mags in Episode I&II. It would be more interesting than just adding a few more special Mags. Imagine seeing someone run in with them for the first time http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DESTRUCKTOR
Aug 5, 2002, 10:13 PM
We already have a HUmarl, its Red Ring Rico forgot? shes human and shes a hunter, why do you think that mostly the red weapons are HUnter type weps

haterade
Aug 5, 2002, 10:40 PM
On 2002-08-05 20:13, DESTRUCKTOR wrote:
We already have a HUmarl, its Red Ring Rico forgot? shes human and shes a hunter, why do you think that mostly the red weapons are HUnter type weps

Methinks most of the PSO community would want a PLAYABLE HUmarl. Just a guess.

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 5, 2002, 11:05 PM
Looks like Mag Launcher's hand in the second picture there

Davion
Aug 5, 2002, 11:41 PM
Dude I love both of those guys. I've already seen those pics, but seeing them again... Oh I wish they put them in. I'm going to use those classes in my fanfic, it makes sense anyway.

PlatinumGame
Aug 6, 2002, 12:25 AM
Both of the classes are stupid. ST intended for forces to be weak and why make humarl when we have hunewearl.... Stupid!

X-thirteen
Aug 6, 2002, 01:14 AM
On 2002-08-05 22:25, PlatinumGame wrote:
Both of the classes are stupid. ST intended for forces to be weak and why make humarl when we have hunewearl.... Stupid!

what? there arent any forces in those two pictures.

ChokingVictim
Aug 6, 2002, 04:18 AM
make a humarl because when it comes to the series there were plenty of female human hunters... Nei was kinda the exception...

in fact ..where the hell'd all these Newman come from?

Neogame2
Aug 6, 2002, 04:32 AM
Cool pictures, I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to see them in the new version, but how about seeing different races like that duck?

Mag_Launcher
Aug 6, 2002, 07:08 AM
I would kill to have that HUmarl mag on my RAmar. Because, as that guy said, it looks like Mag Launcher's Cyframe. (Yeah, from Evolution, bish!)

haterade
Aug 6, 2002, 07:58 AM
Uhm, Mag, you know Pepper ownz the hell outta Evolution, right? If I didn't use her, I wouldn't have beaten that sh!t...

Malkavian
Aug 6, 2002, 08:52 AM
That weapon the HUnewm has it looks completely like a victor axe.
The problem about this 2 characters is make logic stats for them.
Humarl is less ATP more ata and more mst than humar?? That is HUnewearl too. Only difference will be the dfp and evp.
And the Hunewm... kinda the same. Having HUmar and HUnewearl , HUnewm and HUmarl aren't a good addition

Mag_Launcher
Aug 6, 2002, 10:04 AM
I know, I know... Pepper had them recovery parts, which helped like a mofo when Linear was gone.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 6, 2002, 10:40 AM
Pics from the Book of Hunters. I myself was planning to scan some pages from my book. What is it with people and all these new char topics. These are not new chars.

Nash
Aug 6, 2002, 10:53 AM
No one said they were. People were just talking about what they would be like *if* they were in the game, so I scanned the pages in for those who had not seen the illustrations of them.

Although the quote on Sega.com about 2 more classes in Episode I&II is getting people thinking about the possiblity of new characters.

Malkavian
Aug 6, 2002, 11:46 AM
Wow the HUmarl has a double cannon

Shadow_Blade
Aug 6, 2002, 01:41 PM
I herd that they were also going to release a half dragon. With very high str but very low ata.

Aw well, just thought it would be cool to see what the dragon weps would look like. ^_^

Pogle
Aug 6, 2002, 03:31 PM
Is it just me, or does one of the new character look suspiciously like Ganon from the Legend Of Zelda series? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Maybe that's why Sonic Team didn't include them in the final version...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pogle on 2002-08-06 13:33 ]</font>

PlatinumGame
Aug 6, 2002, 03:32 PM
On 2002-08-05 23:14, X-thirteen wrote:

On 2002-08-05 22:25, PlatinumGame wrote:

what? there arent any forces in those two pictures.

HUnewm is pretty much a force with HU Pow.

Darrin
Aug 6, 2002, 06:29 PM
If anyone remembers I posted a topic with the same concept art.

amoralist
Aug 6, 2002, 06:42 PM
Personally, the HUnter holding that axe reminds me of a Ganon cross with that giant bear in Star Gladiator Episode II (Plasma Sword in US).

Must buy the book or obtain it.

Moo2u
Aug 6, 2002, 10:04 PM
Heh, wouldn't it be cool if there was a thief class? A whole new set of characters with a whole new set of stats!

ChokingVictim
Aug 6, 2002, 10:12 PM
wasn't there a thief type in PSII? Cuz I can't remember any in IV, and well III....lol...i don't need to say anything about III.

ginko990
Aug 6, 2002, 10:26 PM
Tell me god that the things floating next to some of the characters ankles will be in the game on real characters? that would make my day, that is l337 b4d-a55.

SS_Death
Aug 7, 2002, 09:12 AM
On 2002-08-06 06:52, Malkavian wrote:
Humarl is less ATP more ata and more mst than humar?? That is HUnewearl too. Only difference will be the dfp and evp.
And the Hunewm... kinda the same. Having HUmar and HUnewearl , HUnewm and HUmarl aren't a good addition

The thing is the same rules apply to the HUceasal and FOmar. Why have them as the stats are not going to be that different. The key reason is that everyone can play as either male or female for all the races. In most RPGs there are options to be a male or female for each class type so why not???

Just would have meant if you wanted a newman hunter and you were a man you don't have to use a female character because there is the choice. Thats the only reason they should have been in IMHO.

Malkavian
Aug 7, 2002, 09:34 AM
On 2002-08-07 07:12, SS_Death wrote:

On 2002-08-06 06:52, Malkavian wrote:

The thing is the same rules apply to the HUceasal and FOmar. Why have them as the stats are not going to be that different. The key reason is that everyone can play as either male or female for all the races. In most RPGs there are options to be a male or female for each class type so why not???

Just would have meant if you wanted a newman hunter and you were a man you don't have to use a female character because there is the choice. Thats the only reason they should have been in IMHO.

You don't get the point.
Androids are very different from newman/human thats why a female android hunter fits very well. If u want a non android man hunter you have HUmar, Hunewm wouldnt be too different. Same for non android female hunter. There's already HUnewearl.
Fomar is very different from Fonewearl or Fonewm, that's why it fits well.
And RAmarl is extremely different from racast and racaseal.

Nash
Aug 7, 2002, 01:37 PM
I don't see any problem with having all the possible variations, even if they have similar stats.

More characters = more variety to the teams you will encouter. And the less repetition of characters you have, the more it feels like a proper world.

amoralist
Aug 8, 2002, 05:53 PM
From the pictures, I actually like the possibility of maybe a leg mag. That would make gameplay more interesting. Upper mag combined with a lower mag. The picture suggests it all. But I doubt it'll happen.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 8, 2002, 11:59 PM
Personally, I'd like to see these added to Ep1&2. Hopefully what Sonic Team said on their site will turn out to mean that the GC version will have the HUmarl and HUnewm. I don't know why people wouldn't want them in the game. More characters means more diversity in lobbies and in games.

Malkavian
Aug 9, 2002, 09:10 AM
PSO is a game with its style, I know there are many rpg with many character variations, and many of them have really little didfference. But that doeasn't fit how PSO is conceived.

If you want many classes, professions and choose sex for all go play everquest, ffxi or similars

Ness
Aug 9, 2002, 03:49 PM
On 2002-08-05 20:06, FinalMasterM wrote:
I've always wondered why some of these ideas were killed, I mean the full-body mags look really cool, and that weapon the green-haired HUnewearl is holding looks cool also.

The weapon she's holding is an early concept of the double cannon.

Nash
Aug 9, 2002, 05:50 PM
Malkavian, from that I read when PSO was unveiled, it was meant to have 10 classes I seem to remember.

So we are only part way to achieving Yuji Naka's vision. And that's why I think we might see 2 more classes.

Crescent_Dragon
Aug 9, 2002, 07:22 PM
Hey, those are actually pretty cool. I wanna be a duck! Maybe they should put in some kind of genetically engineered animal class.

Mag_Launcher
Aug 9, 2002, 07:38 PM
Why are people going crazy over the leg mag thing?

These pictures were around since the v1 days! If they were gonna put leg mags, they would have put them in v2. And are they in v2? nope. I think you get the point.

And this 2 whole new classes thing... I personally think it was a typo. In fact, I don't trust official company sites anymore. For instance, Nintendo.com said the US version of Evolution Worlds was out 2 months ago, and if you haven't already noticed, that game is still unreleased... here, at least.

If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up. New types? fine. New whole classes? HELL no. MAYBE in a future PSO game, but not now. (Kalbelgarion, don't start, just don't reply to this, no need spreading more of that "PSO2" crap, I could care less about it.)

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Aug 10, 2002, 03:11 AM
WTF was that a duck?

Ness
Aug 10, 2002, 09:36 AM
On 2002-08-10 01:11, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
WTF was that a duck?

It's an early concept of a Newman.

sonicblue
Aug 10, 2002, 05:40 PM
When Phantasy Star Online was first starting to get news coverage for the GC version, it was revealed by Sonic Team that there would be TWO new characters to play as. This was last year, way before the subtitle "Ep I & II" and all the features and whatnot.

Sonic Team released two pictures of blurred characters. They turned out to be HUcaseal and FOmar. RAmarl was not one of them, and in fact did not get revealed as a part of the new PSO until much later. The quote on the site about two new characters is really just a very old quote.

Duelle
Aug 10, 2002, 07:48 PM
Hey Ness,
Why don't you post the pics of the lizard-type hunter, the RAnewm, too. The RAcaseal page is pretty good too with the "nekkid" android and the awesome mag on the bottom.

cloud421
Aug 16, 2002, 10:32 AM
nash are you nash uk from gamefaqs?

Nash
Aug 17, 2002, 07:27 AM
Yep

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 18, 2002, 03:08 AM
i wonder if a musk cat class will ever be made for those that remember PS1