PDA

View Full Version : Change your Xbox name

TheOneHero
Jun 21, 2005, 09:02 PM
I've had my Xbox for over 2 years now, and still have no idea on how to change the name.

I've heard you have to have a certain game to do it.

Or the mod chip.

Anyway, can someone tell me how to do it? I'd really appreciate it, thanks. =)

digigram
Jun 21, 2005, 10:09 PM
I think i did it with the music maker thing. a friend of mine did the film like visual stuff for the "rave" stupid scenario so i got a free copy of it with the mic.. lol

is also how I get mp3's onto my xbox without a cd.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jun 22, 2005, 01:35 AM
I believe dead or Alive 3 will do it, just get a rank and you can put something in, i only think 3 letters though maybe more. i got stuck with EIN. actually i need to fix that now that i think about it. I know there are a couple of other games you can do it on, go to a cheat code website or Microsoft.com they may have information on it.

ABDUR101
Jun 22, 2005, 01:40 AM
If it involves mod-chips and the like, don't discuss it here. Don't link to any cheat sites either.

digigram
Jun 23, 2005, 09:01 AM
it doesn't. although you CAN with a modchip, you can do the same thing with select games and such. Dead or alive works, music maker I believe works, a couple other games do it...

in the end though, i don't see the point.

PIT_pl
Jun 23, 2005, 11:13 AM
you can change your console's name in a different dashboard. that means you need a mod, even thru i've heard about some possibility of changing dashboard without it, but i've never seen it on my own eyes...

TheOneHero
Jun 23, 2005, 12:00 PM
All right, thanks guys. =)

I'll make sure to go rent Dead or Alive etc. etc. to change my Xbox name.

Mods, you can lock this or do whatever now. =)

digigram
Jun 23, 2005, 12:06 PM
Each Xbox console has a "name" assigned to it at the time of manufacture. To view the name of your system, play Halo link it to another Xbox and choose a linked play party. The Xboxs will have names above their symbols in the pre-game stat screen. To change your name, play challenge mode in Dead Or Alive 3. Successfully complete challenge mode and you will be prompted to enter a record name. Enter the name that you wish to change your pre-assigned Xbox name to. This will now be the title your Xbox is referred to during linked play. Note: This will only work one time, so be sure that you enter the name you wish to permanently have for your console.

Dhylec
Jun 23, 2005, 12:09 PM
TheOneHero wrote:
Mods, you can lock this or do whatever now. =)

ok then..