PDA

View Full Version : PSO GC/XBOX Best Use of HDD or Add-on

Agent_Reav
Aug 6, 2002, 01:42 AM
What do you think would best make use of an HDD (Hard Disk Drive) for PSO? I know GC doesn't have one but we may see one as an add-on in the future so get to voting! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioFan
Aug 6, 2002, 04:02 AM
There should be one choice for all of them...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ChokingVictim
Aug 6, 2002, 04:03 AM
HD, 8 gigs on that thing for the xbox and i think i've wasted half of it on sndtrks for tony hawk 3 already...
custom musics not really gonna do it on PSO though...D/Ling new quests and/or levels will in my eyes be the most alluring thing to the HD/PSO combo...

Neogame2
Aug 6, 2002, 04:20 AM
A hard drive option would make the game a whole lot better, but dont you think coping of files and characters would occur?

ChokingVictim
Aug 6, 2002, 04:27 AM
well xbox is going to have to figure it out by their release date, considering the game comes out in fall and they have an HD. There are some encryption techniques they have right?

Malkavian
Aug 6, 2002, 08:25 AM
In ver2 sonic team showed they can do very cool and original quests w/o using HD

Kent
Aug 10, 2002, 01:11 PM
...Where's the "All of the above" option?

sonicblue
Aug 10, 2002, 05:22 PM
Preloading the levels, but I don't think they will do that. The load time will be faster than the Dreamcast games already anyway.

Vic_Viper
Aug 10, 2002, 07:35 PM
A HDD+BBa gives the ultimate means of expansibility for a online game, as expansions and new GFX can be downloaded from the game server to enhance game system greatly. Patches and hotfixes also are made really easier by using a local magnetic storage. So ST could had PSO fixed for online cheating in a breeze if the DC had a built in HDD and the game were using it, as Sonic Team could put a new gamecode on our side, to prevent and control cheating.

RavenTW
Aug 10, 2002, 08:18 PM
Hmmm...hopefully, if they make an HDD for GC, or even if they use Xbox's, they would do such a thing.

Custom levels would rock! Get some predone skins, shape the boundry using the morphing technique for char design, name how many baddies in a wave, how many waves, what type, *drools, then talks in zombie-like voice* Location of certain items...

Darrin
Aug 10, 2002, 08:48 PM
I vote for all of it

Agent_Reav
Aug 13, 2002, 11:53 AM
On 2002-08-06 02:20, Neogame2 wrote:
A hard drive option would make the game a whole lot better, but dont you think coping of files and characters would occur?

I'm pretty sure MS has some hardcore file encoding that can't be easily hacked and copied.