PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Hucast Equipment.

PSO_Komodo
Jun 22, 2005, 05:20 AM
Well Im just wondering about whats best to use later on... PLEASE dont link me to some outdated guide (Im not implying guides here are outdated, just saying they dont consider Ep4).

Im looking for thoughts and opinions please, not lists of items... When I say 'best' take into consideration I also mean how hard it is to obtain the item.

Partisan.
Now from looking at the items it seems Uncho is the best partisan now? Seeing as S-Rank cant have %.

Sword.
As for swords im a bit lost, Im not going to get a J Sword unless hacking takes off. Stats wise, a fully grinded Red Sword deals almost as much minimum damage as Chain, but with a much higher max? Understandably the Gush special seems to be popular, although personally if I am right about the Red Swords stats then I'd prefer Red. Also I forgot which would be better after shifta.

Mechgun.
Is the best mech that Hucast can use L&K? S-Rank looks to have much more ATP, but then on GC I had serious issues hitting enemies with it.

Twin Saber.
Demolition Comet? BKB and Double Cannon way to hard to get....

Armor.
Well the best stat wise is DF Field, even though no one ever seems to mention this for Hucast, why? Brightness Circle I can understand being seen as better due to the megid resistance.. But why does everyone suggest Electro Frame, does it do something special?
EDIT: After checking some of the Ep4 Armors, would Dark Dignity Cloak work with /battle units?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSO_Komodo on 2005-06-22 03:54 ]</font>

Ryna
Jun 22, 2005, 06:20 AM
Partisan:
I'm not familiar with the Ep4 weapons yet, but Soul Banish/Red Partisan always worked for me. Both are relatively easy to find.

Swords:
Chain Sawd/Red Sword are both excellent weapons. They each have their own strength and weaknesses. I would recommend doing a forum search to find some indepth topics comparing the two. Also, the SRank Sword is quite good. I would recommend taking a serious look at it.

Mechguns:
No question about this one, 50% hit Charge Vulcans.

Twin Saber:
If you are put off by the rarity of the BKB/Double Cannon, the Demolition Comet and Meteor Cudgel are decent weapons.

Paired Swords:
The Asuka is a powerful weapon that is relatively easy to find.

Handgun:
You can't go wrong with a Red Hangun with hit percentage.

Saffran
Jun 22, 2005, 08:19 AM
Armor: As a Hucast, you're almost forced to get the Black Hound Cuirass. Sure, the stats outside of Def all suck, but hey, it's named after Kireek, so it's a must.
Crimson Coat is almost a must. (might be too rare though)

As far as Swords go, I would still go with the Red Sword. Equip a Crimson Coat and the ATP increases by 50%. That's just too good a bonus to let it slip.

Jasam
Jun 22, 2005, 08:25 AM
That Black Hound Curess looks intresting, rubbish resists.... but it may have better stats then the electro frame 0.0.

I would like to know is theres anything other then good looks for using electro over df though....

Tycho
Jun 22, 2005, 09:16 AM
So I only need to list all changes for when EP4 is released?

Weapon: Excalibur, Unchou, Daylight Scar, Jizai, or just any old good weapon
Armor: Dark/Black Dignity Coat, Red/Black Odoshi Domaru, Star / Black Hound Cuirass
Shield: S-Parts v2.01
Units: Adept (!), V101 (if you don't have an armor with a built-in /Battle)

Blitzkommando
Jun 22, 2005, 10:31 AM
DF Field is strangly looked down upon. Then again, it seems everyone loves Luminious Field. I could never get past the lackluster resistances of it or the fact it drains HP. Yes it drains slowly, but why drain at all when you can find a DF Field? Rarity is about the same if you hunt in appropriate IDs of course. You can compare the stats yourself. Luminious Field did have the second best stats from Aura Field. Don't know what has best and whatnot now.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2005, 02:29 PM
On 2005-06-22 03:20, PSO_Komodo wrote:
Well Im just wondering about whats best to use later on...

Im looking for thoughts and opinions please, not lists of items... When I say 'best' take into consideration I also mean how hard it is to obtain the item.

Partisan.
Now from looking at the items it seems Uncho is the best partisan now? Seeing as S-Rank cant have %.

Sword.
As for swords im a bit lost, Im not going to get a J Sword unless hacking takes off. Stats wise, a fully grinded Red Sword deals almost as much minimum damage as Chain, but with a much higher max? Understandably the Gush special seems to be popular, although personally if I am right about the Red Swords stats then I'd prefer Red. Also I forgot which would be better after shifta.

Mechgun.
Is the best mech that Hucast can use L&K? S-Rank looks to have much more ATP, but then on GC I had serious issues hitting enemies with it.

Twin Saber.
Demolition Comet? BKB and Double Cannon way to hard to get....

Armor.
Well the best stat wise is DF Field, even though no one ever seems to mention this for Hucast, why? Brightness Circle I can understand being seen as better due to the megid resistance.. But why does everyone suggest Electro Frame, does it do something special?
EDIT: After checking some of the Ep4 Armors, would Dark Dignity Cloak work with /battle units?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSO_Komodo on 2005-06-22 03:54 ]</font>
[b][i]E

Partisan: Even without percents, the s-rank partisan is still a very effective room cleaner. Put a beserk special on it and then compare to some of the others. Of course, soul banish with hit and red partisan with hit are also very good weps. As for the ep 4 drops, we'll see if any of those actually become available through play or trade.

Sword: I'm going for the l'ame dargent/Excaliber - but, realistically, I'm still going to run Skyly Towers looking for the unsealed J-sword. For very effective early weps, I'll pick up both the red sword and the chain sawd, but I prefer s-rank sword with beserk over either of them.

Twin Sword: Don't rule out the BKB. It's an awesome wep and one I used 90% of the time on my xbox hucast. The Monkey King Bar is a 1/1051 off Redria Dolmolms so it's not that far out of reach. It's certainly more achievable than the E4 drops. The s-rank twin saber is also a very nice wep with - you guessed it - beserk. Demolition Comet and Meteor Cudgel are relatively easy early drops.

Mechguns: I already have some Gush Vulcans with 30% hit and they do pretty damn well. I'll be looking for the Charge Vulcans with 50% hit, but I'm also hoping to find either hell or demon's vulcans with high hit. Those Gush Vulcans work just like baby Guld Millas and are, of course, equippable by Hucasts. L&K's are plentiful in ult and it may be possible to find a pair with both high hit and high %s. The s-rank mechs are good, but I'm choosing several other weps before I pick the mechs.

Handgun: Red Handgun with hit %, Gush/Charge Raygun with 50%+ hit and s-rank gun with zalure for solo boss fights.

Armour: I used Luminious Field on my droids. At higher levels, you recover HP faster than it drains - so that's not an issue. A good DF Field works well, but a lot of droid users use the ElectroFrame cuz it looks so good. As for E4 drops, we'll see if we can get any to compare.

Tycho
Jun 22, 2005, 02:43 PM
On 2005-06-22 12:29, Sitka wrote:

Partisan: Even without percents, the s-rank partisan is still a very effective room cleaner. Put a beserk special on it and then compare to some of the others. Of course, soul banish with hit and red partisan with hit are also very good weps. As for the ep 4 drops, we'll see if any of those actually become available through play or trade.

Sword: I'm going for the l'ame dargentLame D'Argent/Excalibeur - but, realistically, I'm still going to run Skyly Towers looking for the unsealed J-sword. For very effective early weps, I'll pick up both the red sword and the chain sawd, but I prefer s-rank sword with beserk over either of them.

Are you sure S-ranks with Berserk are easy to use for HUcasts? No hit. ;-;
About Sealed J, I think it is not more realistic to hunt that, than Lame D'Argent. I think it's harder to find even, but it's definitely not more realistic.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2005, 03:35 PM
I've had pretty good success using s-rank swords and partisans/scythes in the past on my hucasts and hucaseals. My mags have always had a fair amount of dex and I like to use God Arms to boost even further.

From a personal perspetive, I've always preferred using s-ranks over most other weps.

As for the Lame D'argent/Excalibur - the drop rate on that thing looks pretty tough. You're the stats wiz Tycho, but I'm thinking multiple daily runs of PW4 would be better.

PSO_Komodo
Jun 22, 2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who didnt post a list of items, and for remembering this is to use to get to level 200, not at level 200....

I'll probably get S-Rank Partisan and Sword anyway, but with no % I was thinking that other weapons would be stronger, and need something to spend my PD's on. Also I dont see the value of Beserk on an item, I guess for bosses its good.

Well looks like:
Partisan - S-Rank, then Uncho with %.
Sword - S-Rank, then Red Sword with %.
Mechgun - Either Vulcan or L&K with good %.
Twin Saber - Demolition Comet.

Armor - No idea still. The Cuirass looks alright, although I'd really like know if any of the Battle Speed armors with /Battle units.

Oh and I forgot to mention Im not really a big fan of any other weapon type, to slow for to little enemies, the rest are.

Jasam
Jun 23, 2005, 03:47 AM
As a HUcast in ULT back on GC, it could get very hard to hit with specials in ruins/seabed...

Plus the beserk special is a hp killer, I would like to get my mags twins before piping, which you can't do if you blow hp that fast....

PSO_Komodo
Jun 23, 2005, 05:20 AM
Yea I know what you mean, I also was Hucast on GC, but with duping I had everything I will never get in BB, so I didnt really know what was realistic to get.

Hrith
Jun 23, 2005, 05:38 AM
Partisan.
Yes, Unchou, but before hunting such a rare weapon, getting Red Partisan, Soul Banish, Berdysh (now very easy in Viridia) or Imperial Pick is not a bad idea.

Sword.
Chain Sawd, Zanba or S-Rank Sword.

Mechgun.
No question, Mechs on hunters are for losers.

Twin Saber.
Meteor Cudgel is quite nice, easy to find and very cool-looking.

I'm adding Daggers, S-Red's Blade are really good on a HUcast, and the very rare Daylight Scar is clearly the best HU weapon in the game.

Armour.
Luminous Field is better than DF Field.
The Androids-only Ep4 armours (Star Cuirass and Black Hound Cuirass) have very high DFP, but no EVP at all; which is quite fitting for the HUcast.
The "Dark Dignity Coat" is still the best any hunter can wear, anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-06-23 03:41 ]</font>

AxelgearVII
Jun 23, 2005, 05:57 AM
On 2005-06-23 03:38, Kef wrote:

Mechgun.
No question, Mechs on hunters are for losers.

Kefka, your words sting. What makes you say that mechs on a Hunter are for losers?

This is my first time using a HUcast but heres my 2 cents on the matter:
Partisan: I don't use Partisans very often if at all so I guess Ill go with the popular choice of Unchou.

Sword: Chain Sawd for its Gush special is useful for HUcasts but Red Sword will is good if you're more of am offensive player.

Mechs: You can never go wrong with Charge Vulvans or M&A60 Vise. Having them with hit is a must.

Twin Saber: Demo Comet. It gives fixed damage and is therefore better than Meteor Cudgel in every way.

Armor: I say go with DF Field because it offers good EDK unlike most of the other Armors that Androids use. That'll come in handy in Ultimate. Keep in mind that I dont know much about Ep4 Armors yet so keep an open mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVIII on 2005-06-23 03:58 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 23, 2005, 06:16 AM
On 2005-06-23 03:57, AxelgearVIII wrote:
Kefka, your words sting. What makes you say that mechs on a Hunter are for losers?If you wanna use mechs, use a ranger. 1639 ATP and Charge Vulcan is the sign of a loser that does not know how to play PSO.

Demo Comet. It gives fixed damage and is therefore better than Meteor Cudgel in every way.Nope.
1) Cudgel has 4 more ATA.
2) Cudgel looks way cooler http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
3) with Lv 61+ Shifta, Cudgel > Demo
4) does not matter much on a HUcast <_< with a HUcast, it's either big damage or very big damage; the variance of Cudgel might hurt a HUcl or HUnl, but on HUcast...
5) I still think S-Red's Blade > Double Sabers >_>

Tycho
Jun 23, 2005, 06:58 AM
Kef, I think most of the time we won't be under the effect of level 61+ Shifta. When we are, we'd be strong enough for the small medion-ATP difference to not matter as much. Besides, using horribly variable ATP is annoying.

AxelgearVII
Jun 23, 2005, 07:11 AM
On 2005-06-23 04:58, Tycho wrote:
Kef, I think most of the time we won't be under the effect of level 61+ Shifta. When we are, we'd be strong enough for the small medion-ATP difference to not matter as much. Besides, using horribly variable ATP is annoying.

What Tycho said. I think that 4 ata in exchance for fixed damage is more than an equivalent exchange.

On 2005-06-23 04:16, Kef wrote:

5) I still think S-Red's Blade > Double Sabers >_>

Daggers are slow and almost guarantee you to get hit during or after the combo. At least for males anyway. And since the charcter in question is a male AND an android, those hits add up. Paired Swords pwn them both anyway for a HUcast. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2005-06-23 04:16, Kef wrote:
If you wanna use mechs, use a ranger. 1639 ATP and Charge Vulcan is the sign of a loser that does not know how to play PSO.

Is it not better to use a ranged weapon on an enemy like Gibbles? Maybe Im still speaking from my past experience of not having traps at my disposal but it seems like it would be better to stay out of range of a strong assault such as that one instead of standing right there exchanging blow for blow. Especially since HUcasts have limited healing capability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxelgearVIII on 2005-06-23 05:12 ]</font>

Hrith
Jun 23, 2005, 09:36 AM
On 2005-06-23 04:58, Tycho wrote:
Besides, using horribly variable ATP is annoying.Dunno, on Red Sword or even Yasminkov 9000M it annoys me, but on Meteor Cudgel or Twin Blaze it does not, heh.

I find using an ugly weapon much more annoying.

On 2005-06-23 05:11, AxelgearVIII wrote:
I think that 4 ata in exchance for fixed damage is more than an equivalent exchange.Like it will make a difference, lol.
On my HUnewearl, I use Partisan of Lightning over Demolition Comet, and I do not notice a difference in efficiency; you people look at figures too much.

Daggers are slow and almost guarantee you to get hit during or after the combo. At least for males anyway. And since the charcter in question is a male AND an android, those hits add up. Paired Swords pwn them both anyway for a HUcast. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifAnd I thought you were good...
Daggers are 1.3 times faster than Double Sabers or Paired Swords, meaning you will hit A LOT more with Daggers, hence the lower ATP, I thought that was so obvious...

I use primarily Daggers on HUcast (Lavis Blade), and I do not get hit after my combos at all (granted the monster survived), I find Daggers better at avoiding counterattacks, since they're so fast.

I think your problem is you do not know how to use Daggers, or how to time attacks at all.

I never get hit in the middle of or after my combo with Dagger (unless I missed, or stuff like that >_>)

I could outdo the damage of a BKB with Red Dagger, so imagine with Daylight Scar.

Well, get them all, Meteor Cudgel, Demolition Comet and S-Red's Blade aren't really rare, you will see that there is no difference in actual gameplay, they are all very powerful weapons.
If you'd said that Twin Brand is worse than Demo Comet, fine, but Meteor Cudgel, not really.

Still, I suggest you take the best-looking, I have the same HUcast on GC, as you know, and Demo Comet looks absolutely ugly on him. All those weapons will get the same job done, so looks matter more, heh.

AxelgearVII
Jun 23, 2005, 10:09 AM
On 2005-06-23 07:36, Kef wrote:
And I thought you were good...
Daggers are 1.3 times faster than Double Sabers or Paired Swords, meaning you will hit A LOT more with Daggers, hence the lower ATP, I thought that was so obvious...

I use primarily Daggers on HUcast (Lavis Blade), and I do not get hit after my combos at all (granted the monster survived), I find Daggers better at avoiding counterattacks, since they're so fast.

I think your problem is you do not know how to use Daggers, or how to time attacks at all.

I never get hit in the middle of or after my combo with Dagger (unless I missed, or stuff like that >_>)

Daggers may be 1.3 times faster than Paired Swords but the male animation after the 3rd attack gives no space betwen you and the enemy you're attacking. I'd like to see you pull off a full dagger combo (on an enemy that will survive it)and no get hit after that pose. Part of the reason why I love Paired Swords is that after that initial attack its hard for an enemy to counter it. That little step back often makes the enemy miss unless they don't flinch(ex.Gilchics) or have a longer range (Meriltas poison attack for instance). But hey, maybe I just suck at timing dagger attacks.

All that aside, Paired Swords also have more ATA. Which a HUcast sorely needs. Weak attack,Heavy attack,Heavy attack. With the right equipment, its fool proof.

Jive18
Jun 23, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-06-23 08:09, AxelgearVIII wrote:

Daggers may be 1.3 times faster than Paired Swords but the male animation after the 3rd attack gives no space betwen you and the enemy you're attacking. I'd like to see you pull off a full dagger combo (on an enemy that will survive it)and no get hit after that pose. Part of the reason why I love Paired Swords is that after that initial attack its hard for an enemy to counter it. That little step back often makes the enemy miss unless they don't flinch(ex.Gilchics) or have a longer range (Meriltas poison attack for instance). But hey, maybe I just suck at timing dagger attacks.

All that aside, Paired Swords also have more ATA. Which a HUcast sorely needs. Weak attack,Heavy attack,Heavy attack. With the right equipment, its fool proof.

You're quite right about the 3rd attack animation for daggers Axelgear. Whenever I'm using daggers (which isn't often at all), I normally only use the first 2 parts of the combo. I usually go weak/strong, back away from the enemy's attack, and then I move back in and repeat my combo. The 3rd attack pauses too long at the end to avoid a hit, thus the reason I only go with the first 2.

I don't use paired swords much either, mostly because the 3rd animation is similar to that of the daggers; where it leaves you open at the end.

In the end I'd rather go with the daggers though. The animations of the first 2 attacks are incredibly fast and effective.

Dana
Jun 23, 2005, 01:03 PM
HUcast+Lavis blade pwns all, lets just look at some stuff right

at high levels you have lots of attack(go figure)
anyway lets say your equipment is lie this

LAVIS BLADE/ S-RED BLADES
LUMINOUS FIELD
PB/CREATE
PB/CREATE
GOD/BATTLE
CURE/FREEZE
S-PARTS 2.01
DIWARI

don't know why i chose them i just did?

anyways, THE LEVEL 3 SHIFTA ON 1400+ATP WILL ADD UP, EVEN IF IT'S ONLY LOW LEVEL
the PB/CREATE's will give M&Y in no time....now your a HUcast and now the most powerful character in the game.....and your got the best daggers

now....try and normal-hard-hard and then tell me if it doesn't kill them in one combo.....

Sitka
Jun 23, 2005, 01:11 PM
Another part of the argument lies in whether you play solo or in teams, with or without the benefit of support magic and the level at which your character is versus the enemies.

I have spent much of my PSO career (if you will), playing underleveled characters in solo mode or solo in online mode. Just my preference and drive to have all chars/ids and such. I mostly play with teams when I play challenge mode and not often otherwise - again, just personal preference.

Given that, I've struggled using katanas, sabers, blades and paired swords cuz I'm usually slower than the enemies and while I'm focused on one enemy, I'm getting whacked by something from behind.

Given that, I have gotten comfortable using swords and partisan to keep the mobs at bay using mostly n-h and then n-h-h combos. This works well in challenge mode and in the way I often play.

I also heavily use handguns and mechs. I understand your argument Kef, but when I'm running an underleveled solo hucast/hucaseal through a particularly tough area where the enemies are numerous and fast, I can clear a room much faster with good vulcans and traps than any other way. And when I'm really underleveled, I'll doorway snipe like the pimp that I am (love those Red Handguns).

I also very much like the s-reds blades and have made that a priority to obtain on blue burst.

When I'm with a team outside of challenge mode, then give me my BKB (which I prefer over cudgel and demo - personal preference) and, yes, give me some good daggers to slice and dice with - especially on my hucaseal. If I don't have good daggers, than I'll opt for the twin sabers - but paired swords, unless they're Sange and Yasha - fall short for me.

AxelgearVII
Jun 23, 2005, 03:06 PM
On 2005-06-23 11:11, Sitka wrote:
but paired swords, unless they're Sange and Yasha - fall short for me.

Take a look at my sig...and then see where my point is mainly coming from.

Hrith
Jun 23, 2005, 07:59 PM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/kefka/lavisblade2.png>http://keffypoo.free.fr/shione/sangeyasha.png>http://keffypoo.free.fr/selva/blackkingbar1.png

f00ls !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-06-23 18:00 ]</font>

Tycho
Jun 23, 2005, 08:46 PM
On 2005-06-23 17:59, Kef wrote:

In that picture it looks like Shione is about to fall off the platform into the water. XP

Slightly more ontopic: ehh, 100/0/0/100/100 Daylight Scar > j00? ~_~;

PSO_Komodo
Jun 24, 2005, 03:49 AM
I already planned on getting S-Reds whether or not I'll use them for attacking, I'll see. I guess I'll go for either Twin Saber, as they the looks and stats seem to balance each other. As for the swords, again I'll go for either.

Also Im not going to use melee weapons to kill things such as Canabins, Gee and Gi Gue when I can use mechguns, Im surprised you didnt notice this when playing with your Hucast. I use mechs mainly for 1v1 against monsters, as its the fastest and most effective way to kill the enemy. Then I use partisans to kill mobs.

I already use S and D parts, but I'd prefer defense when in ultimate between level 120 and 170. I didnt mention slots as I already will be using God/Ability and Heavenly/Ability, as I cant see any other way to max stats with 2 slots.

Twin Swords are slow... They have uses, such as Pan Arms, which I use Yamato for at the moment due to its high atp and combo. But as I said before, if I am fighting 1v1 then I'll prefer mechs over most things. Although seeing as twins sabers and daggers are fun to use, I'll use them when possible.

Hrith
Jun 24, 2005, 03:52 AM
If you want range on a hunter use a Red Handgun.

Mechs = loser, end of story.

PSO_Komodo
Jun 24, 2005, 04:24 AM
On 2005-06-24 01:52, Kef wrote:
If you want range on a hunter use a Red Handgun.

Mechs = loser, end of story.

Fine, I wont bother to pursue this as you dont have any reasons.

Tycho
Jun 24, 2005, 04:32 AM
*hides HUcast with 40 hit M&A60 Vise*
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Hrith
Jun 24, 2005, 05:08 AM
On 2005-06-24 02:24, PSO_Komodo wrote:
Fine, I wont bother to pursue this as you dont have any reasons.Just because you cannot understand them does not mean I do not have any, stop assuming.

Dana
Jun 24, 2005, 06:46 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif okay, i agreen HU+Mech is annoying ¬_¬ but i only hate when it's online(or multiplayer for me)*poor me*
i mean i used them a monmet ago in mines, but lets put it this way....
I HATE MINES....well just gillchich

if in forest/OMG i use HoP here it's so easy/cave/ruins/temple/CCA/seabed other i will always melee(ranging is for RA's*how ironic*

DismantleMyMind
Jun 25, 2005, 05:19 PM
I have no clue wehat the hell you're talking about. Huners using mechs are losers? Kinda odd, considering they kill things faster and more effectively than any other class in the game.

Ever seen Charge Vulcans? Yeah, a HUcast can deal over 10,000 damage per combo with those easily. That could take down Olga in just a matter of combos, so please explain to me how they make you a loser?

Yeah, and we all know how waiting for those Canibins, Gees, and Mothverts to get near you so you can hit them with your DAGGER +4 makes you so intelligent.

Does killing enemies fast make you a loser? I guess we all need to stop leveling up, and throw out our rare weapons for Sabers and Swords.

The object of the game is to build your characters strength, and become capable of defeating enemies faster. Mechguns make you capable of killing faster than anything else later in the game, so they're better.

You need to take your nonsense and shut up, you're not even giving us reasons.

Oh yeah, let's not forget how smart it is to use that DAGGER +4 on Dark Falz and Olga Flow, cause they never move around you know. They just sit right in front of you and wait for you to hit them. You don't need any kind of range on them.

Oh, and Gillchics, using a SWORD +2 or PARTISAN +6 on them in Ultimate is brilliant, cause it's not like they don't fall over every time you hit them. It's brilliant to be right up in their face all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-25 15:24 ]</font>

Tycho
Jun 25, 2005, 06:11 PM
On 2005-06-25 15:19, DismantleMyMind wrote:

50 hit Charge Vulcans are not an effective way to kill bosses, crowds, or Tower monsters. Other than that, making combos without getting hit with them requires no skill at all (unless there are more monsters, then you'd get hit anyway), and they're incredibly overused.
Charge has low ATA, and even if the ATA would be enough, strong Dagger types with Berserk (Daylight too extreme for this example?) would do more damage.
Also, if you're talking about Charge Vulcans, then why could you not compare them to hunter-type weapons of higher, or at least equal rarity?
In the same way I could just say that Tsumikiri J-Sword can clear crowds more easily than a Mechgun + 1. Ofcourse it can, but it's a bad comparison.

Dana
Jun 25, 2005, 06:58 PM
...to be honest i NEVER use the special on my Vulcans, my Adel uses Helll with only 45%hit as they are gold;)*seksi*

But no, i love using mechs

ON A RANGER!!!!!!

RA

HU

LEARN THE DIFFERNCE!!!

ONE USES MECHS ONE DOESN'T

Jive18
Jun 25, 2005, 08:22 PM
On 2005-06-24 02:32, Tycho wrote:
*hides HUcast with 40 hit M&A60 Vise*
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Berserk + Hit % = awesome, regardless of what it's on, from mechs to partisans. Don't worry Tycho, I don't think you should hide them http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-06-25 18:23 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Jun 25, 2005, 08:23 PM
in an unrelated story I enjoyed using mechguns on my FOmar in GC

DismantleMyMind
Jun 25, 2005, 09:35 PM
Charge is just as strong as Berserk first off, so Daggers with Berserk won't do any more damage in a combo.

Compare them to hunter weapons of equal rarity? Oh, you mean the ones you can buy in the shop at level 150?

Charge Gladius: Hits one enemy 3 times. Crap.

Charge Ripper: Hits one enemy 6 times, the male animation does that stupid spin at the end making it hard to combo.

Charge Calibur: Hits multiple enemies three times, has potential to be one of the strongest weapons in the game.

Charge Gungnir: See description of calibur.

Charge Diska: Hits up to 4 enemies 3 times at a distance, ultimately one of the strongest weapons in the game.

Not to mention Berserk isn't a good idea for soloing droids to use, since they can heal a maximum of 40 times.

The ATA on Charge isn't any worse than Berserk or Spirit, but you can buy ANY of the weapons I listed above in the shops with 50% hit, eliminating any trouble you have hitting with the special.

That is, unless you're one of those idiots who equips 4 God/Powers and a 185 Power Mag.

Only Rangers use mechs? I guess my level 159 HUmar and 126 FOmar don't have anything equipped then. I was positive I had mechs on them, though.

Am I a loser for getting my HUmar to use a 75% hit Holy Ray in Towers so Merikle/Mericus can't instant kill me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-25 19:41 ]</font>

Flame_Master
Jun 26, 2005, 08:58 AM
On 2005-06-25 19:35, DismantleMyMind wrote:

Am I a loser for getting my HUmar to use a 75% hit Holy Ray in Towers so Merikle/Mericus can't instant kill me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-25 19:41 ]</font>

yes because it required no skill

Dana
Jun 26, 2005, 09:16 AM
no skill, well
It's much worse to be killed my mericarol in my opinion that to be named skill-less..

i only mean mechs in multiplayer get annoying(on HU's)i don't know what it is.......it just bugs me!!

BE a HU, look at the GIANT array of exellent weapons they haqve, now think.......In multiplayer/online you(should be in a team)
lets say
FOmarl
HUcast
HUcaseal
RAmarl

so, that means at least 1 is gonna use meches, the frozen shooter and the LV30 s/d will make you VERY POWERFUL, so monsters will have weak defense(zalure), be frozen(FS/Fbombs)and what only so you can use mechs....no, it spiol;s it, it's boring and it's annoying.
use something with style, try a double saber, twin swords, dagger, even a slicer is better

*holy ray with that much hit can do anything it wants^^(and it's not a mech w00t)

DismantleMyMind
Jun 26, 2005, 05:46 PM
Requires no skill?

This entire game requires no skill! It's about the most simple concept imaginable.

A ranger using a rifle is using "skill" but a hunter isn't?

I don't know about you, but I'd rather kill those stupid flowers quickly if I'm soloing instead of dying 349574398769 times.

Hrith
Jun 26, 2005, 06:24 PM
ok, you obviously totally suck at PSO, at least we know it, now.

Jive18
Jun 26, 2005, 06:32 PM
On 2005-06-26 16:24, Kef wrote:
ok, you obviously totally suck at PSO, at least we know it, now.

Anyone who dies 349574398769 times surely must :/.

I kinda understand where you're coming from though, Dismantle.

Edit: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-06-26 16:34 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jun 26, 2005, 06:33 PM
The point is, what's the point in being able to use double swords, daggers and twins if you're just going to use mechs all the time? It's just making an easy game simpler.

Geez, I can't even remember the last time I used mechs on a non-RA, and even on my RAs I rarely use them.(Tower and when I'm just trying to run through an area fast)

If you wanna use mechs, go ahead, this goes for any class... Personally I like meleeing better, but I personally don't like charge period(Spirit/berserk for wusses anyone?) but tons of people like to use it. Doesn't bug me none.

AxelgearVII
Jun 26, 2005, 07:17 PM
I was recently in a game on Blue Burst where a fellow HUcast used nothing but charge weapons...mainly charge repeaters in an attempt to get the kills for extra experience. It made me realize that theres a difference in the way people use mechs. I use them when it makes sense to use them. Fighting enemies that dont flinch (gilchichs,gibbles,Mercarols >_< etc) and move too fast to run to melee them (Gees,maybe Canabins) and Ob lilies so they dont kill me first. I dont mess around with those guys. Some people abuse the crap out of them but like I've always said:Its all about the Paired Swords for me. ;D

GreenArcher
Jun 26, 2005, 11:39 PM
PSO is a video game. Video games are meant for entertainment. Entertainment = fun. Do things as you see fit, and have fun. Who cares if "omg jew is teh t0t@l n3wb cuz u use teh mechz on a HU". If you enjoy it, great! If you don't, use something else! I don't understand why there's an arguement over this.

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 12:25 AM
I obviously suck because a one hit kill amazingly KILLS ME IN ONE HIT? Never would have expected that.

You need to shut the fuck up, you can't avoid that attack at close range. You obviously suck at life and logic, because you seem to think that HUs using mechs require no skill, yet RAs using them need LOADS of skill.

I just used 3-way M&Y with a level 200 HUcast, and I can safely say he can do more damage than any other class could ever hope for. When charge critical hit, it was doing 2500 damage. I'd like to see any rangers manage that.

Oh, make a video of yourself soloing control towers with a HUmar in the rooms with the 2-3 Maricarol/Merikus without getting killed, or just shut up. That huge number I threw out was a fucking exageration, idiot.

I don't overuse mechs, either. Normally I use a Red Sword, but why use something slow like that on a single enemy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-26 22:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-26 22:30 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 12:33 AM
On 2005-06-26 22:25, DismantleMyMind wrote:
I obviously suck because a one hit kill amazingly KILLS ME IN ONE HIT? Never would have expected that.
Dodge much?

You need to shut the fuck up, you can't avoid that attack at close range. You obviously suck at life and logic, because you seem to think that HUs using mechs require no skill, yet RAs using them need LOADS of skill.
See above, hey, no need to flame now eh?

And I don't think we said it requires skill to use mechs with a RA, simply there are less multi-hitting weapons availiable for them than HUs.

I just used 3-way M&Y with a level 200 HUcast, and I can safely say he can do more damage than any other class could ever hope for. When charge critical hit, it was doing 2500 damage. I'd like to see any rangers manage that.
Oh snap! HUcast have the highest ATP, it's been like that for awhile now hasn't it?

Oh, make a video of yourself soloing control towers with a HUmar in the rooms with the 2-3 Maricarol/Merikus without getting killed, or just shut up. That huge number I threw out was a fucking exageration, idiot.
See, ET and WT are offline on plus for a reason, yeah, they aren't hard. Maybe when they were new and everyone was "ZOMG, HARD!"

Oh, and before you go off to verbal abuse, or calling me a n00b, I'm quite sure I've played this game for far longer than you. I've been playing since v1 came out, so don't bring that shit up.

Heh, I don't know why people use "I've played since v1." as an argument, skill > experience. Not to mention v2-v3 is how much different?

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 01:25 AM
Do I dodge much? Yes, but not when being spit at by 3 of those flowers. I never said towers were hard, but I'd rather beat it on the first try than getting hit by those flowers. Dying is quite annoying, you know.

No need to flame? Maybe I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't been flamed first. This game requires no skill.

Maybe I do suck, but would you please tell me how you're "dodging" all three of those flowers spitting at you in Ultimate? It's pretty fast, and their HP isn't too low.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 01:39 AM
On 2005-06-26 23:25, DismantleMyMind wrote:
Do I dodge much? Yes, but not when being spit at by 3 of those flowers. I never said towers were hard, but I'd rather beat it on the first try than getting hit by those flowers. Dying is quite annoying, you know.

No need to flame? Maybe I wouldn't have done that if I hadn't been flamed first. This game requires no skill.

Maybe I do suck, but would you please tell me how you're "dodging" all three of those flowers spitting at you in Ultimate? It's pretty fast, and their HP isn't too low.

Rifle(Holy Ray's special, hint hint. Although HUcast and HUcaseal are out on this one, I'll admit), and before you go saying "But you were talking about meleeing flowers", no I wasn't, I was saying mechs on HUs is dumb. If you need range, use a handgun/holy ray.

And then, even if you can't do that, slowly whittle their HP down. Run, shoot, run, shoot, etc. It isn't all about running in and doing 10k damage in a combo then "Oh snap, I'm dead."

Besides, doing a PW4(I don't even consider ET and WT in this at all) without a frozen shooter is dumb, that means you might rely on *gasp* teammates. These harder quests aren't about who can kill which enemies the fastest, it's teamwork.

Quo
Jun 27, 2005, 01:43 AM
It doesn't really matter how much damage you do. By using mechs on a hunter you're not fulfilling your role as a part of a team. A Hunter is a meat shield. Their job is to engage enemies at close range so that the forces and rangers don't get swamped.

If you want to use charge vulcans in single mode for everyday common vulmers and arlans and stuff, go ahead. There's no team there for you to let down. In multimode try to be considerate of the other members and remember your role.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 01:47 AM
On 2005-06-26 23:43, Quo wrote:
It doesn't really matter how much damage you do. By using mechs on a hunter you're not fulfilling your role as a part of a team. A Hunter is a meat shield. Their job is to engage enemies at close range so that the forces and rangers don't get swamped.

If you want to use charge vulcans in single mode for everyday common vulmers and arlans and stuff, go ahead. There's no team there for you to let down. In multimode try to be considerate of the other members and remember your role.

Worded perfectly, I have no idea why I was trying to prove why they suck with a team. >_>

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 01:52 AM
RAcasts and RAcaseals actually make better meat shields than HUs do, since they have higher DFP/HP. I'm not saying I use charge vulcans all of the time, but whats wrong with using them against bosses? You can't defend people from bosses in any way, so why not deal the most damage you're capable of?

As far as me sucking for using Holy Ray? Fine, I suck. I still refuse to believe you can run up to a "flower" type enemy and not have it spit at you. If you melee them, then you have practically no reaction time. Mechs are just as bad against them as melee is.

So, please tell me: If you're fighting a single enemy, what does it hurt for a HU to use mechs against it? They're still effectively shielding you, so what does it matter?

If you're dumb enough to run into Ruins with mechs, yes you do suck. If you're taking down a Belra with them, I see nothing wrong with it.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 02:04 AM
On 2005-06-26 23:52, DismantleMyMind wrote:
RAcasts and RAcaseals actually make better meat shields than HUs do, since they have higher DFP/HP. I'm not saying I use charge vulcans all of the time, but whats wrong with using them against bosses? You can't defend people from bosses in any way, so why not deal the most damage you're capable of?
It seems you're just trying to justify the fact you can't/won't melee. Why should the RAcast/RAcaseals have to though? You don't seem to. And let's completely forget the possibility of berserk/spirit/charge shot/needle/launcher too!

As far as me sucking for using Holy Ray? Fine, I suck. I still refuse to believe you can run up to a "flower" type enemy and not have it spit at you. If you melee them, then you have practically no reaction time. Mechs are just as bad against them as melee is.I was saying to use a Holy Ray/Red Handgun over mechs. >_>;

So, please tell me: If you're fighting a single enemy, what does it hurt for a HU to use mechs against it? They're still effectively shielding you, so what does it matter?
How fucking often is there going to be one enemy left in a room that no other teammates can run to and attack while you can? Sorry, but that argument is shit.

If you're dumb enough to run into Ruins with mechs, yes you do suck. If you're taking down a Belra with them, I see nothing wrong with it.
Kind of contradicted yourself there, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-06-27 00:06 ]</font>

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 02:09 AM
I'm not saying I can't melee, but if you're really talking about a "meat shield," then the android rangers are better suited to that. They have higher HP and DFP than any other class in the game.

And the ruins thing... Think of EN4... the room with 5 belras in it. are you going to use a sword to hit 3 times, or a mechgun to kill them quickly to prevent your team from taking much damage?

HUs need to use mechs when the situation calls for them, but not in crowds.

Whats wrong with using mechs on a boss?

It's also quite hard to melee against some bosses. Sil Dragon constantly moves quickly, the red pillar on Vol Opt will often shock you before you can get to it, and Falz just moves too much.

Oh, and I DO melee. I use a Red Sword most of the time, but if there's a group of Hidelts, Sinows, or Belras, they're normally spread apart, making a sword inneffective.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-27 00:13 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 02:21 AM
On 2005-06-27 00:09, DismantleMyMind wrote:
I'm not saying I can't melee, but if you're really talking about a "meat shield," then the android rangers are better suited to that. They have higher HP and DFP than any other class in the game.
Nah, I don't wanna be a meat shield, I wanan shoot my mechs.

Wonderful when everyone thinks like you.

And the ruins thing... Think of EN4... the room with 5 belras in it. are you going to use a sword to hit 3 times, or a mechgun to kill them quickly to prevent your team from taking much damage?
Teamwork with lvl 30 deband and jellen the belras don't knock me down, so I used my twin.

Oh yeah, for some reason you seem to think swords as red sword, I'm taling about Asuka and the like, multi-hitting single target melee weapons. Weird right? They exist.

HUs need to use mechs when the situation calls for them, but not in crowds.
Swords, daggers and twins do the exact same thing

Whats wrong with using mechs on a boss?

It's also quite hard to melee against some bosses. Sil Dragon constantly moves quickly, the red pillar on Vol Opt will often shock you before you can get to it, and Falz just moves too much.
There's a reason I've ignored this, bosses die far too quickly to consider them threats. But, whatever, play however you fucking like. Don't expect me to want to play with a mech using HU though.

Oh, and I DO melee. I use a Red Sword most of the time, but if there's a group of Hidelts, Sinows, or Belras, they're normally spread apart, making a sword inneffective.
Somehow, I manage with Flowen's 3084, Holy Ray and s-rank katana on my HUmar. Unheard of huh? No charge vulcans with 50hit(Heh, I remember buying mine, waste of meseta.)

Seriously, I'm done with this, you wanna just move your characters line of firing, press your attack buttons through a whole level, fine. There are much better and funner ways to do it though.

What's with this whole "flower" thing anyways? In caves and temple the megid is easilly countered with EDK. And tower they should be frozen at all time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saiffwin on 2005-06-27 00:24 ]</font>

Fossil
Jun 27, 2005, 02:22 AM
On 2005-06-26 23:43, Quo wrote:

Says who? The title they're given? I'd rather play it smart than too watch my teammates suicide into flowers to play "meatshield" against instant death.

You take this too seriously. :|

Teamwork with lvl 30 deband and jellen the belras don't knock me down, so I used my twin.

Have fun getting double, triple, quadruple combo'd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fossil on 2005-06-27 00:25 ]</font>

Dana
Jun 27, 2005, 02:46 AM
ouch, things here ave gotten hot.....

*pours cold water to cool it down*

still IMO mechs=easy death+boring....lets put it this way

You can use mechs all you want, on a HU/RA/FO...but look at their won weapons....look at the team, then look at the situation

team
FO-Support
RA-FS and light support from SPAMMING ranged attacks w00t for this class(RA i lub j00)
HU-TANK+mascre
HU-Ditto

so with at least lvl 30 s/d/j/z/ nothing is gonna survive a single combo from EITHERcharacters, maybe even the Fo will knock em out...then when it come to evry one looking at the HU an dthere there wih mechs......they pause, say ZOMG and continue.maybe ask if you could stop!!!!

3 chararters using mechs is the most boring thing i have every seen, if i was in a party of 3 RA's and a FO with Dana i would break out my Twin blaze......it's much more fun....heck i would even take out my PAn arm blades(RAmarl+daggers is t3h seksi)

so, really iy's all up to you and the situation!
single player-use WHAT EVER YOU WANTget the job done ASAP...i mean i use mecha and a partisan when hunting labis,(used partisan A LOT)just because it got the job done in a few minutes......just over 12 minutes i think!!!!!+the pipe back to P2 and the reselect quest, thats about 13 minutes, and when in ruins, i use mechs, to get spread needle( i didn;t want to wait that tiny bit extra)
but in multiplayer i am daggers/swords/partisans/double sabers/twin swords/anything melee, there is NO way i would be so ignorant to my team and such a n00b to use mechs....why just so i kill from far away, when the RA can do that, if you want to be a Ranger don't chose a HU

HUmar
HUnewearl
HUcast
HUcaseal

RAmar
RAmarl
RAcast
RAcaseal

LEARN THE DIFFERENCE...

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 02:48 AM

I believe you mean "Have fun getting combo'd until you die, because once it starts, and you get confused, you can't attack at all."

The only "letdown" to a team is a bad force. Rangers using Needles need to be nearly as close to enemies as hunters need to be to use swords. Not only that, but Rangers don't NEED meat shield, they're better at taking damage than hunters are.

Bosses aren't a threat? If you don't take down Olga quickly (or at least kill the Gaels which are practically impossible to hit with swords) then you're gonna get owned.

HUs shouldn't kill from far away, so RAs shouldn't be using needles to kill enemies near them.

Mechs don't exactly have long range, either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DismantleMyMind on 2005-06-27 00:51 ]</font>

Tycho
Jun 27, 2005, 06:20 AM
On 2005-06-27 00:46, Dana_ranger wrote:

Please use proper punctuation and avoid using the word 'sexy' (or any badly spelled derivatives for that matter) to refer to strong weapons. >_>;

On 2005-06-27 00:48, DismantleMyMind wrote:

Daggers, Paired Swords and Twin Sabers are melee weapons too. Don't say they have a damage potential inferior to Charge Vulcans', because it just isn't true.
Not all mechguns have bad range. Guld Milla and Yasminkov 9000M do not. Hunters can't use those? Oh noes. They shouldn't even be allowed to use those. If HU's could use all RA weapons, the game would be even more unbalanced than it currently is, except HU's would pwn RA's instead of the other way around. >_>
Also, Hunters should be the meatshields, because they can wear great close-range weapons. This is while Rangers on the other hand, excel at long-distance combat, because they can wear great guns. Go read the manual, it will tell you the same thing.
For bosses, it isn't like there is no alternative to mechguns. Since all bosses but Falz and Olga have multiple targets, Slicers, Launchers, Bazookas, Needles and Shots work okay too. Even better, since they can hit up to 15 ~ 18 target per combo, and have better stats than your mechguns. Diska of Braveman, and S-rank versions of those weapon types, can have Berserk too.

Jasam
Jun 27, 2005, 06:21 AM
I won't go anywhere without mechs ¬.¬

I hardly use them though. I only use on bosses so they die faster then using handgun, and on some high HP enermys that need to DIE fast, either 'cus my teams getting into trouble, or if I'm soloing and don't want to walk over to it, do a weaker twinsword attck, it survive and I lose hp...

But as far for weps I want for MY HUcast

SOUL BANISH
JIZAI
Charge Vulcens with hit
Chain sawd
Red Handgun/drain handgun instead of chainswrd
Flightfan/ranbow baton

DF feild/Black hound
Kasmi braser
Centurion/ability
V101
(mixture of cure frezze, shock and hevenly battle)

And preta with (5,137,58,0)

Quo
Jun 27, 2005, 12:00 PM
On 2005-06-27 00:48, DismantleMyMind wrote:

The only "letdown" to a team is a bad force.

Way to shirk responsibility. Every member of a team has a job to do. A hunter/ranger with a "Yay! Support Force! We can do whatever we want now!" attitude is just as detrimemtal to the party as a force with a "You guys don't need support" attitude.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 12:20 PM
On 2005-06-27 00:22, Fossil wrote:

Remember how the team is hitting other stuff? And look! Traps! HOLY FUCK! God forbid you rely on something other than your A, X and B button.

Seriously, why does everyone think you always play alone? You don't run in EN4 alone, don't be fucking stupid, use some damn common sense, okay?

The only "letdown" to a team is a bad force. Rangers using Needles need to be nearly as close to enemies as hunters need to be to use swords. Not only that, but Rangers don't NEED meat shield, they're better at taking damage than hunters are.

Bosses aren't a threat? If you don't take down Olga quickly (or at least kill the Gaels which are practically impossible to hit with swords) then you're gonna get owned.

HUs shouldn't kill from far away, so RAs shouldn't be using needles to kill enemies near them.

Mechs don't exactly have long range, either.
I find it funny how you think needles are the best, shots do way more damage, better range. Needles are for crowd control, mostly solo, frankly, if you use one in a team, you're just letting them down even more.

I've said it before, you wanna use mechs, use em all you want. But why the fuck should a RA have to be your meat shield? If we all thought like you, quests like EN4 and the PW lines would be impossible.

I think I'll go nuke with my FOmar now, afterall that's how I like to play, it doesn't matter if I'm letting my team down.

Notos
Jun 27, 2005, 01:29 PM
On 2005-06-27 10:20, Saiffwin wrote:
Needles are for crowd control, mostly solo, frankly, if you use one in a team, you're just letting them down even more.

Why is a needle's unreduced seize bad in a group?

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 01:31 PM
On 2005-06-27 11:29, Notos wrote:

On 2005-06-27 10:20, Saiffwin wrote:
Needles are for crowd control, mostly solo, frankly, if you use one in a team, you're just letting them down even more.

Why is a needle's unreduced seize bad in a group?

Spread Needle has the ATP of a crush bullet, the damage is pure bullshit, not to mention the range.

If you must use a needle, get a s-rank one and put a useful special on it.

Notos
Jun 27, 2005, 01:51 PM
I thought a ranger's job is to incapacitate the mobs so the hunters can go in and kill them? I always thought you para groups of vulmers and such with needle and freeze mini boss and such with frozen shooter?

So s rank needle with arrest/freeze is better than a normal needle even with hit? What about s rank shot with freeze?

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 02:09 PM
On 2005-06-27 11:51, Notos wrote:
I thought a ranger's job is to incapacitate the mobs so the hunters can go in and kill them? I always thought you para groups of vulmers and such with needle and freeze mini boss and such with frozen shooter?

So s rank needle with arrest/freeze is better than a normal needle even with hit? What about s rank shot with freeze?

Since when? It's a HU and RAs job to kill stuff and a FOs job to make it easier. Plain and simple. I don't like the idea of having to use a FS in tower, but I do it because it's for the good of the team. A lot of you seem to ignore that aspect.

I said a useful special, come back when you learn what specials that is.

I would love to see some of you people do the stuff to get WORKs Guard, that would be the single funniest thing to watch, ever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Notos
Jun 27, 2005, 02:28 PM
If it's a HU and RA's job to kill things and RA can kill things at range, then what's the point of HU?

If the ability to incapacitate is not useful, then what is? You did say you use frozen shooter in tower. Isn't anything that is good for the team = useful?

Jive18
Jun 27, 2005, 02:29 PM
On 2005-06-27 12:09, Saiffwin wrote:

Since when? It's a HU and RAs job to kill stuff and a FOs job to make it easier. Plain and simple. I don't like the idea of having to use a FS in tower, but I do it because it's for the good of the team. A lot of you seem to ignore that aspect.

I said a useful special, come back when you learn what specials that is.

I would love to see some of you people do the stuff to get WORKs Guard, that would be the single funniest thing to watch, ever. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Exactly, it's all for the good of the team. Ian Kun gave a wondeful speech in a topic about a month ago, where he pointed out that when you are online playing with others (or offline for that matter) everything you would normally do in solo in shit.

Wanna be a force and nuke? Then leave. Instead, suck it up and pull out the Marina's Bag or Striker of Chao. Regularly cast S/D and J/Z to help out your buddies in the middle of mobs, Resta, and Reverser (when needed).

Wanna be a Andriod and dick around? You also need to leave. For RAcasts and RAcaseals, mob-control with your shot-type weapon and freeze with FS or SQ. And please, use your god damn traps and make sure you have none left at the end of a level, just to prove that you've been successful for your team. HUcasts and HUcaseals likewise need to be consistent with traps.

RAmars and RAmarls should follow the same exact strategy as their andriod counterparts, with the exception of traps (of course).

Wanna be a Hunter and use mechs? Fuck you, and have a nice day. Melee, melee, melee for god sakes. Be the bitch of the team, take the hits, and your friends will thank you for it.

I hope this will somehow be useful. Always think of the team, because sometimes working together can be fun, even if you can't play exactly how you want to.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 02:36 PM
On 2005-06-27 12:28, Notos wrote:
If it's a HU and RA's job to kill things and RA can kill things at range, then what's the point of HU?

If the ability to incapacitate is not useful, then what is? You did say you use frozen shooter in tower. Isn't anything that is good for the team = useful?

If your team needs you to paralyze stuff in caves, you don't deserve to play. Sorry, the only places I think paralyzing would be acceptable is CCA, seabed and tower. If you're busy trying to paralye, you're doing less and less damage therfore letting the team down.

And don't give me that shit about HUs and RAs roles, both of their roles is to kill. HUs use melee, RAs use guns. If you honestly think that a RA can kill a whole room before the HU has a chance to walk up to the enemies, you seriously need your IQ back into positive values.

Tycho
Jun 27, 2005, 02:51 PM
On 2005-06-27 12:28, Notos wrote:
If RA's can kill things at range, then what's the point of HU?

I wonder about that too. >_>;
Nah, up to the point where the Rangers have an extremely good equipment, the Hunters do significantly more close-range damaga than Rangers could (do close-range damage). HU weapons don't suck, but RA's are still allowed to do damage as well, they don't really suck either.

Sitka
Jun 27, 2005, 02:54 PM
This has turned into a really, really bad thread that should be locked.

The original poster was looking for some helpful suggestions, but some very opinionated people have turned it into something very ugly.

There are many different ways to play this game, some prefer one way to another, that doesn't make them idiots or noobs - just different.

I can tell you from personal experience that a hucast with mechs in Episode 2 can make a good run a great TA run with the right specials and with hit. That doesn't make the hucast an idiot or non-team player for working his 90 dark/100 hit mechs on delbiters, sinows, ill gils and Flow to get the team a great frickin time.

To call people using spread needles or mechs idiots is way off base. There are many situations depending on mode, level, makeup of team and more where it may be perfectly justified to use various weps - why do you think they are equippable by those classes? To overuse them or use them in innappropriate situations should be corrected by sound positive suggestions - not by attacks.

To overgeneralize and question individual's iq/intelligence/skill is very bad form.

Notos
Jun 27, 2005, 03:09 PM
If you think paralyzing in the caves is uselss, then why would you paralyze in CCA, seabed and towers? The basic enemies don't need to be paralyze and the few tough ones can be dealt with via frozen shooter. But have you played a few of the nightmares with under leveled characters? You just won't be doing that much damage as an under leveled RA, and paralyze is a god sent to HU who dies in 2 hits. Of course, if you're going to bring a team of high level characters decked out with uber rares, bring your beserk weapons and fire away. You don't need team work if everybody is already strong enough to solo an area.

Saiffy
Jun 27, 2005, 03:27 PM
If a person is going to die every two hits I'm not goint to play with them, what's the point in wasting my moons every minute when I can save them in case one the of the more useful players dies?

If you haven't noticed, the later areas of episode 2 are a lot harder than episode 1, just a random notion I've made. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

If you're under leveled and not doing damage, there's a reason for that, go level up more. It's not hard to understand, that has very little to do with equipment.

Sitka, c-mode is completely different from regular play. RAs are completely useless in episode 2 c-mode for example. Are they in a regular tower quest? No, they're considered neccisary.

Yeah, this topic has gone far from it's original purposes. If someone wishes to continue discussing this, make a new thread.

Notos
Jun 27, 2005, 03:36 PM
On 2005-06-27 12:54, Sitka wrote:
This has turned into a really, really bad thread that should be locked.

Let's just leave it at that? Mods, please lock?

DismantleMyMind
Jun 27, 2005, 04:02 PM
So FOs shouldn't melee?
RAs shouldn't use S-Rank Twin?

Slicers don't multi-hit Falz second and third forms, it's most effective to hit the red pillar on Vol Opt. Slicers are good against the dragon when he falls, but mechs are better at assuring he won't dive under than any other weapon is.

Answer this, please:

Whats wrong with using mechs to take down a Morfos, Delbiter, Belra, or certain bosses? Mechs to the face are also the fastest way to kill De Rol, unless you get his body segments split quickly.

Fossil
Jun 27, 2005, 06:11 PM
Remember how the team is hitting other stuff? And look! Traps! HOLY FUCK! God forbid you rely on something other than your A, X and B button.

Seriously, why does everyone think you always play alone? You don't run in EN4 alone, don't be fucking stupid, use some damn common sense, okay?

And you're going to tell me things are always great when TEAMWORK is in play 24/7. Yeah right, let's take into factor not everyone is quick on the buttons and using EVERYTHING they got. Something is always left out and boom, your whole plan goes down the shitter. Whether it be the force gets knocked down from a critical or a Hunter temporarily paralyzed from being stupid.

If you honestly think that a RA can kill a whole room before the HU has a chance to walk up to the enemies, you seriously need your IQ back into positive values.

You lost some IQ thinking it's NOT possible. How long have you played PSO now? Guess there's a first time for everything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fossil on 2005-06-27 16:16 ]</font>

Skorpius
Jun 27, 2005, 06:15 PM
This topic has gone to shit.

HUcast equipment:
Anything you can use that will kill things. Since it's your game, and your money, play how you like (as long as you aren't harassing and abusing other players).

Everyone else should shut the fuck up and stop bitching.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-06-27 16:19 ]</font>