PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: I got a weapon with a negative photon percent... lol?

Applet
Jun 22, 2005, 10:54 AM
I just picked up a Justice with -5% machine... had no idea this was even possible? This gives new meaning to the phrase "junk rares" >_>

(This is PSOBB by the way)

Tycho
Jun 22, 2005, 11:04 AM
Was this before or after you tekked it?

Applet
Jun 22, 2005, 11:07 AM
I didn't notice the -5% until I tekked it... honestly I get so many of these I forget what percents they have.

The only thing I did differently this time was I left it in my bank for an hour, untekked, until I took it out to tekk it and cash it in for a team point. I don't remember checking the percent before tekking it. Obviously I kept it after seeing the really wierd negative percent.

Applet
Jun 22, 2005, 11:13 AM
Here's a screenshot. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a screen of the tekking process ><

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/supermomo/wierdjustice.jpg

Ryna
Jun 22, 2005, 11:29 AM
On 2005-06-22 09:13, Applet wrote:
Here's a screenshot. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a screen of the tekking process ><

You need to be careful when tekking a weapon because tekkers have a range of -10% - +10%. In your case, it looks like you had a Justice with 5% and the tekker gave you a -10% rating.

Applet
Jun 22, 2005, 11:44 AM
I didn't know there was a trick to this... So I should wait on tekking things and try at different times? If theres some sort of guide I'd love to read it.

Feelmirath
Jun 22, 2005, 11:49 AM
Its completely at random when tekking. If it turns out your wep is going down on percents, reject him and try again. If nothin changes, try tekking with another char... And if that dont work... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-06-22 09:49 ]</font>

roygbiv
Jun 22, 2005, 11:55 AM
Yeah its totally random, but that is to say, if you can't get a good percent with the guy you are tekking it with, YOU WILL get a good percent if you keep doing it... on and on and on... not that its hard to get meseta.

Just pay attention to the original % and then keep going until you get the +10%. Unless its like the 100th varista you have found and you are just going to Team Point it anyways of course....

Tycho
Jun 22, 2005, 12:06 PM
If you find a weapon you know you're going to point, point it two seconds after you find it, while you're still on Ragol, without bothering to tekk it. You can identify what weapon it is by having someone equip it, or check the dropcharts. In the pointing-screen you can see the number of stars on the weapon (9 stars is 1 point, if it doesn't have hit either, point it).

If you want to keep a weapon and it has percentages, just keep tekking it until you get a +10% tekk.

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2005, 12:11 PM
On 2005-06-22 09:44, Applet wrote:
I didn't know there was a trick to this... So I should wait on tekking things and try at different times? If theres some sort of guide I'd love to read it.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=83
Like was said, just keep rejecting until you find +10%.

Fossil
Jun 22, 2005, 05:10 PM
I never found a weapon on GC with a negative % before I tekked it, so I'm assuming you probably tekked it like that.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2005, 05:24 PM
I have found green weps on the ground with -5%.

On tekking, I have at times tekked for over an hour and been unable to get the tek I was looking for. Don't forget, it's not just the percent, but the higher quality as well (i.e. dim vs. shadow vs dark or draw vs fill vs gush).

Sanzo on xbox once told me of a Yas 7000 he was given by somebody who tekked it to -5% on hit.

That hurts.

Ketchup345
Jun 22, 2005, 05:39 PM
Speaking of tekking; can Devil's/Demon's be switched by retekking? I have never been able to change that special as far as I can remember.

Sitka
Jun 22, 2005, 05:57 PM
I am thrilled to see demon's or devil's come up - i tek to the percents if it has decent hit.

I cannot recall ever seeing it switch from demons to devils or vise versa - I'll look at that next time I have a chance.

What I'm loving is the hell railgun with 50 hit that I found. Those pan arms don't stand a chance http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skorpius
Jun 22, 2005, 06:42 PM
You missed out on 40% Dark H&S25 JUSTICE.

Applet
Jun 22, 2005, 08:17 PM
Oh-- I've missed out on much better than that before I learned the trick to tekking >_>

Blitzkommando
Jun 22, 2005, 09:22 PM
On 2005-06-22 10:06, Tycho wrote:
(9 stars is 1 point, if it doesn't have hit either, point it).
Unless the weapon is a Musashi. Which is 9 stars but begits you 10 points. I think a complete list is in order for the variable weapons, such as Musashi.

JODDY
Jun 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
Have you ever played the DC version? There's lots of weapons with -%s.

Mixfortune
Jun 22, 2005, 11:03 PM
On 2005-06-22 16:42, Skorpius wrote:
You missed out on 40% Dark H&S25 JUSTICE.

Which is a loss of almost nothing... between 20 and 40 on mechguns that is.

Now, if it was hit... >_>

PIT_pl
Jun 23, 2005, 06:53 AM
-% were mormal in v.1 & 2. they are also available in v.3, but only by tekking.

Sitka
Jun 23, 2005, 11:28 AM
On 2005-06-22 15:39, Ketchup345 wrote:
Speaking of tekking; can Devil's/Demon's be switched by retekking? I have never been able to change that special as far as I can remember.

Well ketchup - we were both just lazy http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I got a ???Railgun this morning and tekked it: nice, Devils with 0/0/20/0/20. Started working the tekker real nice like. After about 30 techs, was offered Demon's Railgun 0/0/25/0/25. Ooh - not bad, but you can do better.

For the next half hour I negotiated hot and heavy with that stingy bastard. For every Demon's he offered, I'd get 20 or so Devils. I started to think maybe I should take the 0/0/25/0/25 - but no. Hold out.

Finally, he offered the 0/0/30/0/30 Demon's Railgun.

Offered accepted - in the bank.

Now I'm working him for a Dark Raygun with 0/0/0/45 - he's only offering dim and shadow thus far.

Now on the BB boards, someone (goes by name Melty) is offering a Summit Moon for trade. He posted a bank screenshot of it with 0/0/100/50/50 stats. I started an argument over those stats as I don't believe you can tech anything with 0/0/100/50/50 on BB yet - I have never seen anything outside of a hack with that outrageous a stat on DC, GC, or xbox - not without pd's anyway.

He's claiming it dropped in VH ruins. Still not sure if he means the summit moon dropped (obviously not) or the wep he used to make the SM dropped (still, with those stats?!?).

Either we have an unbelievable statted weapon drop or Blue Burst has released some interested statted weapon drops or we have been photo-shopped or we have haxors on BB.

I don't know anything about Melty and have nothing negative to say, but if it's the latter, there goes the neighborhood. If he's honest about the drop, whoa!