PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Memory cards

SquishyBricks
Jun 22, 2005, 06:27 PM
Long time lurker
First time poster.
That out of the way, the real reason why I made this topic...

What is the reason for having an option to move your save to memory card (on Xbox)? You (apparantly) can't load it up on another xbox anyway.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jun 22, 2005, 06:28 PM
Hmmm, you sure you cant copy data from memory card to another xbox? anyways, maybe the mem cards are for if anyone ever fills all that space. hahahahahahahaha, i crack myself up.

Hyda
Jun 22, 2005, 06:32 PM
i think your right maybe for temp characters

Arnot
Jun 22, 2005, 06:36 PM
On 2005-06-22 16:27, SquishyBricks wrote:
What is the reason for having an option to move your save to memory card (on Xbox)? You (apparantly) can't load it up on another xbox anyway.
What are you trying to transfer; your characters or your entire game file? And they will transfer, I just got a free Xbox from my friend who is leaving for the Army. His is newer than mine so I transferred all of my files over to his via the memory card, and sold my old xbox.

I didn't have any problems. The way I did it was when i plugged in the memory card I copied it's info onto the harddrive. All of my games still work too, even PSO.

And when I transfer my characters onto my other friends Xbox for some multiplayer it's never messed up.

Maybe you are doing something wrong...

Oh and what type of memory card are you using?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arnot on 2005-06-22 16:39 ]</font>

Rubius-sama
Jun 22, 2005, 06:40 PM
You can transfer it to the memory card but can't load it up on another xbox in SINLGE-PLAYER mode only. You can load it up in multiplayer. It is mean't for taking your character to a friend's place to play multi.

SquishyBricks
Jun 22, 2005, 06:46 PM
I'm referring to individual characters. There's an option in the menu "move" or something to that effect which puts a character on a memory card. afterwards, the there is text covering that character, "moved to memory card" or something, and you can't play it. I presume the character is saved on the memory card; but why? this doesn't allow you to play the character on another box.

also, can you explain how you did that? (Arnot)

[Edit]: It seems that Rubius answered my question, thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SquishyBricks on 2005-06-22 16:49 ]</font>

Arnot
Jun 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-06-22 16:46, SquishyBricks wrote:
I'm referring to individual characters. There's an option in the menu "move" or something to that effect which puts a character on a memory card. afterwards, the there is text covering that character, "moved to memory card" or something, and you can't play it. I presume the character is saved on the memory card; but why? this doesn't allow you to play the character on another box.

also, can you explain how you did what you just explained?

Whenever the words "Transferred" appear over your characters name that means that the character is being temporarily stored on the memory card. To retrieve the character on your friends xbox or w/e do this; when you are at the character select screen in multiplayer mode select the slot that says "New Character" in the second column. When you select that slot it goes to a screen that allows you to extract your character from the memory card.

voila!

Arnot
Jun 22, 2005, 06:54 PM
On 2005-06-22 16:46, SquishyBricks wrote:

also, can you explain how you did what you just explained?

Whenever the words "Transferred" appear over your characters name that means that the character is being temporarily stored on the memory card. To retrieve the character on your friends xbox or w/e do this; when you are at the character select screen in multiplayer mode select the slot that says "New Character" in the second column. When you select that slot it goes to a screen that allows you to extract your character from the memory card.

voila!