PDA

View Full Version : This seems to be the main PSO site (for america)...

Fredrick
Jun 23, 2005, 10:56 PM
Is it going to treat PSU as if it were PSO? I mean, it is Phantasy Star... and it is online. But I dunno...

I just get the feeling that PSOW is going to be lazy and not have a good PSU database (if it has one at all). I mean it doesnt even have its own board.

I know the PSU fanbase is going to be quite a bit different then the PSO fanbase, and because of that im worried PSOW isnt going to even attempt to attract more people to the site.

trypticon
Jun 23, 2005, 11:35 PM
... Ok. You must understand that the fanboys on this site drool over anything with the letters P, S and O in them. You can at least count on the the guy who does the news on the front page to be all over it with reports.

Strangely, you aren't new to the site, but you act as if you are. I don't understand that. This site alone has more information on it, along with players willing to impart their experience, than any of the others I've visited, and I've been to most of the main ones.

If you're wondering at the reason why there isn't much information about the game currently here, it's likely due to the lack of inforation that has been released about it. If you are getting good reliable info from some other source, please share with the rest of us so it can be placed in a prominant area for people to see.

If you are instead indicating your displeasure with there not being a seperate group of forums to cover Blue Burst, as there is with the GC, DC, Xbox versions of PSO, and episode 3, then you need to understand that Blue Burst is the same as episode 1 and 2 with episode 4 thrown in. It's still PSO, even with the words Blue Burst carelessly thrown onto it to make it seem like it's something amazingly new and exciting.

Once more info is known about PSU, or at least closer to the release date, the site may very well get updated to include a new group of forums for that game, so long as it doesn't turn out to be just episode 1, 2, 4, and 5 played online.

Fredrick
Jun 23, 2005, 11:45 PM
I never said I was new... o_0

In fact im saying this because im not new, and I have noticed a steady decline in the updates of this site. Whoever it is that runs PSOW really seems to have lost their motivation. I remember when they use to update the polls on this site, and have events / competitions.

Other then the occasional (sp) article here and there, there isnt anything changing about this site. "Oh well nothing new is going on with Phantasy star".

Thats not true. There is solid info out on PSU and it would be very easy to add a page for that info like they did with EP III and BB. And even if there wasnt anything new... this site use to do all kinds of things even when nothing new was going on with PSO.

trypticon
Jun 23, 2005, 11:53 PM
As I suggested in my first reply, if you know reliable information about it, spill it so that it can be put on this site, because so far whoever is in charge isn't seeing it.

Also, as I observed in my reply, you are NOT new, but you are posting as if you are. That's not an insult to you. More, I am just trying to point out the benefits of the site as it currently is.

You are correct that there have not been the updates or contests that there used to be. This could possibly be because there is not the amount of people helping maintain the site as before. Whatever is going on with that, it is not visible to me, you, the other average loser poster that nobody gives a damn about, including the moderators who could really give a damn what I post or don't post, whatever discoveries might be made, or added to the site.

The site, from the little that I can see of it, is about the people now, and that's a great thing. You have some regulars helping to keep the questions answered, and you have a few moderators who come around and keep the place clean. That's a great thing, whether you realize it or not. If you don't take part in the forums here, I can understand your complaint of not enough stuff going on at the greeting page of the site. Otherwise, it's being maintained the best it can be by fans with limited abilities.

Fredrick
Jun 24, 2005, 12:18 AM
I have nothing to spill.... the info is right here! Go to IGN or gamespot.

*game mechanics are similar to PSO
*you can go into 1st person
*a new "beast" like class has been added
*levels are lush, large, detailed and well animated even on the PS2 version
*PS2 version doesn't have progressive scan or widescreen support
*Overall, it's more difficult then previous Phantasy Star games (thank god)
*Offline story mode is expected to be ~40-50 hours long.
* Ittakes place in a 3 planet solar system named "Gurhal Solar System"
*At one point the planets were at war with eachother
*Game starts off at a 100 year celebration of peace between the planets.
*Each planet has its own culture and race
*Offline mode has over 3 hours of cut scenes
*Has nearly 20 bosses (whatever that means)

This is all stuff im sure you already knew about but still. Its no where to be found on PSOW. Also have they even added some media for the game yet? I havent looked around but im assuming they havent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2005-06-23 22:20 ]</font>

trypticon
Jun 24, 2005, 12:31 AM
Yes, it's apparent you haven't looked, or else you would have seen this http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=82345&forum=9&684

a thread that has been active for over a year detaling all the new information coming in on PSU. Check it out, it's several pages long with all the stuff you've mentioned here in it.

The fact is, until there are more certainties about the game released to the general public, there is no need for a bunch of new forums on the game. I mean, what the heck would we be posting in those forums?

PosterX: Whoa man! Check out those pixels! Oh baby, those things are HUGE!

PosterA: Keen gear! That would be so cool if they added the ability to eat brocolli into the game!

PosterY: ZOMG, P0SERA! DIN U HEER? DAY BE ADDIN DAT STUF 4 SUR!

PosterX: I don't know if that would be very cool. I'd rather have them add full screen sex cinemas between the characters. How could anybody resist two FOnewms going at it with that dude from the intro videos that we keep seeing?

PosterY: OMGWTFBBQ!!! P0SERX, U R TEH MAN LUBBER!

Anyway, you get my point. With few certainties, there is no reason for a bunch of forums covering the nothing we know about the game at the present time. If you don't like it, you don't have to stay here and complain about it. As you yourself have pointed out, there are other sites with the information on them, just like THIS site has the information confined to that one thread there so all the information can be found in one spot by everybody who is interested before the game does come out.

Then again, if you think you can do better, go ahead and make a rival site to PSOworld with what you want on it. You never know, it might take off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2005-06-23 22:35 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 24, 2005, 12:32 AM
I'd have added that a long time ago...if tomeeboy gave me access. Never even replied to my PM request for it given that the rest of the staff had dissapeared except for the forum moderators. I've done my best on the news side of things, but yes we need a center for PSU. Otherwise it gets scrolled off with any other news that comes through.

trypticon
Jun 24, 2005, 12:37 AM
You've done good with the news updates Jonathan, don't fault yourself for not being able to do more when you don't have the permissions to do so. That's not your fault, that's the fault of whatever is going on with the site owners.

The point is, there is just not enough information on the game to warrant a new set of forums, or even one new forum covering it. There is nothing to cover but ideas that would be nice if ST would implement.

fumatanera
Jun 24, 2005, 12:46 AM
you want a whole section devoted to the few screenshots that are available for PSU? maybe once a good amount of info is available, not just rumors, and it's not posted, then bitch. but the memebers of this site have a good job posting what little info there is, there isn;t a need for the site to do so right now.
and this place is called PSO WORLD --phantasy star online, not psu world....it's a seperate game. the mods and memebers have done a good enough job, go find the info yourself

Quo
Jun 24, 2005, 12:49 AM
PSU is still a year or more away. ST still has time to change things around. Not a whole lot of things, but some. There's no use posting "Official Information" when A) there's so little, and B) it could change before the release date.

Genoa
Jun 24, 2005, 12:53 AM
Well also, PS and PSO aren't really linked together >_> incredibly different. Thought PSU is able to connect to the internet... it is not on the same story line as the Phantasy Star Online series. How? because PSO Episode 1 and 2... are the 1st in it's series, PSU is from the Phantasy Star 1-4 series. But most likely because it is able to be played on the Internet with others, it will be apart of PSOW... and as others have stated, it's like... still pretty early to be having a "baby shower" for PSU when it's only a few months pregnant? >_> you catch my drift

Arislan
Jun 24, 2005, 11:31 PM
::looks at the item database::

Huh? No updates? I'm doing what I can here...

Yes, we'll be covering PSU when it gets closer to said games' release and more info becomes available. And once it hits JPs shores, you can bet your ass that I'll be translating every sentence I can to pull data from the thing. And buying the players/Masters/Perfect/Ultimania guide and doing the same there too. Be patient. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 26, 2005, 05:24 AM
That's just the thing. I wanted to do it. I still want to. Why do you think I started up PSM? to fill in the holes that had appeared here.