PDA

View Full Version : filter keys

Uncle_bob
Jun 24, 2005, 03:54 AM
So sometimes I'll accidentally press down on my shift key for a few seconds and this god damned bullshit "filterkeys" window comes up which I tell it to cancel or I hit the x to close the window.

From then on my whole typing and mouse functions are fucked up the ass. I can't type normally, the keys are fucked up, and caps lock settings are backwards.(not to mention the shift keys dont work, either)

Worst of all there is no fucking way to turn off this setting despite anything I do! The only option is turning off my computer, which becomes a pain in the ass when im working on several things at once.

So.. to whoever implimented this function into windows -- fuck you, I hope you rot in hell. Prick.

Edit-- fixed my typing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2005-06-24 02:13 ]</font>

Corey
Jun 24, 2005, 04:24 AM
So fucking agreed.
I always have to god damned turn the fucking computer off or reset it everytime that happens...and it happens. Alot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2005-06-24 02:24 ]</font>

korifugi
Jun 24, 2005, 06:03 AM
It's there for people who have problems holding shift down to get caps - over here it's called stickykeys (a name that can give the wrong idea!). You can turn it off by pressing shift 5 times (I think) and choosing 'ok'. Why microspod didn't just put it as an option in control panel is beyond me...