PDA

View Full Version : Official PSO GC resource topic. Check the first page first!

Dabra
Aug 6, 2002, 02:05 PM
Here is everything that will be in the new GameCube vesion to date. Thanks to mamak and ah-king for most of the info here,scorpio man from Gamefaqs made this topic because there are too many rumours going around that are fake and people keep asking about them. So basicly this is a rip-off but credit goes to his compilation. Here's all the information:

3 New Chars have been added to the 3 existing classes
1.HUcaseal-Hunter
2.RAmarl-Ranger
3.FOmar-Force

When you die you do not drop your weapon or money,but if noone revives you and you hit yes to go back to the city you loose all the money you have on you
Only forces can use Reverser, Grants, and Megid
Female non-forces can learn techs up to 20, male non-forces up to 15
Forces can still learn techs up to 30, except for anti, which only goes up to level 7.
Memory cards can hold up to 4 chars
There is a offline multi-player mode
Best of all There is a TRADING SYSTEM! There is a window that shows you everything the selected person has and you can choose what you have on you to trade for the item you want from the person and you both have to confirm the trade and boom you traded! No More stealing! yay!
Most version 1, 9 star rares have been remade to look alot better.Example,the Dragon Slayer has a dragon like head has the handle and the blade is like a jagged purple crystal blade (very kool =) )
The episode II version of Pioneer 2 has had a HUGE HUGE face lift and looks alot more alive and spacious
There are now a ton of lobbies to choose from and they differ from ship to ship,some have chairs were plays can use the keyboard to make their char sit in them. Heres the list

Ship: Gamecube: 01-01
Jungle setting on the exterior, wooden furnishing on the interior

Ship: Gamecube: 01-03
Objects such as chairs loiter the area, pictures of Ramar & Fomar sitting around. Sort of like a bar

Ship: Gamecube: 01-04
A water fountain is present in this particular lobby

Ship: Gamecube:01-07
multiple numerical numbers are present all over this lobby. The matrix..?

Ship:Gamecube:01-08
A rainbow is persent in this particular lobby

Ship:Gamecube:01-10
On the exterior, snow is falling. On the interior, winter type furnishing is present

Info board
Works like a message board, players can access their in game menu to check the info board for updates or leave a message for others to read. An info board will be present in every ship & lobby and players can only leave messages in the particular block & lobby they're on. It works somewhat like a guild card. Everybody may post only one message, if they want to post something else, they have to delete what they currently had up.
Mail & guild card filtering
Players can now set an option to auto-refuse any incoming mail or guild card.
Added features
Users can write a small memo on the guild card they received (probably to remind them who that particular user is)
Players can use the check room in multiplayer mode, thus allowing the possibility of "muling". (Having a character for storage purposes)
More MAG colors
Each class will now have different material usage limits.
Each character class will now more unique merits and disadvantages to better differentiate their classes
There are so FAR THREE new levels with THREE NEW bosses and each area has new monsters along with some old

VR Temple-Boss is Barba Ray

VR-Spaceship-Gol Dragon. Uses Fire/Ice/Electric Attacks along with teleportation

Central Factory-Gar Griffon,this level is made up of several different areas including the ,Jungle,High Mountain area and coast area.

There are mini bosses now in the jungle, mountain area, and coast area.

The fourth level is the underwater Lab.

You can also download GBA games via the link cable once Sonic Team gets around to putting them on the servers. Chao garden is available by playing the offline quest "A Fake in the Yellow."

Barriers reduce your attacking power.
Sol Dragon gives about 2x as much exp (along with other bosses give more exp).
When you're revived, you get half your life back, and no TP.
Techs actually do damage in ult mode.
Only 78k to go from 100 to 101 as opposed to the 100k for DC version.
Much bigger bank.
No hit mats.
??? weps (like ??? Laser or ??? Calibur) have special effects on your char when you use whatever their special. For example, I found a Hell Beam with fire, and when he uses the special it's like a megid spell goes off within him and he smokes and crap. When you fire a fire weapon, flames come off of it, the size depending on what level of attribute it has (heat, fire, flame, burning).
They made common rares like DB Sabers and Vise's untekked again. :/
Telepipes are now pimp.
Androids have the slow motion trap now.
Weapons have higher grinding max's now. My flowen's sword is maxed out +21 right now. I believe you could only get it to +9 in the DC versions, but I may be off a few numbers.
They added DC downloaded quests to the offline series of quests. Retired Hunter and Soul of Blacksmith are the two I remember, but I know there's a couple more.
No state/maint in the game.
No trap/search in the game.
red handgun only grinds to 50 now
you can find rares in quests
rares are more common
lvl 30 resta, shifta, deband, jellen and zalure's distances has been reduce dramatically
lvl 30 resta is alot weaker now it only heals lik 630 or so and i have a lil over 900 mst.
anti's max level is 7
hunewearls and ramarls can use up to lv 20 techs
lvl 26+ spells look different except for support, healing spells and foie.
dressing room cost 10k.. you can only change ur hair and costume.
once changed, rare mags feed like v2 mags- monomates and monofluids work wonders.
de rol trick of standing at the opposite end of platform when he shoots his beam no longer works.
dragon/hp gives 40 hp, ghp 80; god/mind and power, 50 respectively.
tekking weaps typically give you the best available percents on the first try.
you can use the trade feature to "show" other players your weap without actually giving it to them.
luck material is very scarce.
Mates and fluids give restore differant amounts depending on the difficulty level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-08-23 15:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-10-16 23:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-10-28 14:35 ]</font>

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 6, 2002, 03:01 PM
Good to know. Some of that stuff I hadn't heard before.

Celestial
Aug 6, 2002, 03:08 PM
wow that pretty much sums it all up. makes me want the game more now seeing all that info in one spot.

watashiwa
Aug 6, 2002, 03:19 PM
On 2002-08-06 12:05, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
Raising mags has changed for the better!When you feed a mag the stats never go down! only up!

That's bullshit, btw.

Mag stats still go down like normal. I know, I've played the trial edition.

Dabra
Aug 6, 2002, 03:33 PM
On 2002-08-06 13:19, watashiwa wrote:
That's bullshit, btw.

Mag stats still go down like normal. I know, I've played the trial edition.

At least people are helping to set some facts straight...if you'd post all you know about in the trial that's not here it'd be great.

NiGHTS
Aug 6, 2002, 04:07 PM
Actually there are 4 levels,
VR Sanctuary, VR Spaceship, Swamp and Gal De Bal Island.
I have no idea where that factory thing comes in, maybe there are 5 levels? Or maybe it's part of the VR Spaceship level...

And the N-port thing is confirmed, its at the Sonic Team website, IGN, everywhere... I actually have a video of the mini NiGHTS game you can download onto the GBA.
The games are confirmed as:
NiGHTS into dreams,
Puyo Pop Special Edition,
ChuChu Rocket!,
Mini Chao Garden

watashiwa
Aug 6, 2002, 07:40 PM
Man, I don't see how the level information is that confusing.

The level layout will be, for Episode II anyway:

VR Sanctuary,
VR Spaceship,
Central Factory (Which includes the Jungle, High Mountain, and Coast areas),
the Lab or whatever reported by Mamak.

The "swamp" is just the Jungle portion of the Central Factory level and "Gal De Bal Island" is actually the entire of Episode II.

Episode II takes place on Gal De Bal island, as reported by Mamak.

Please, let's try not to confuse anymore!

ginko990
Aug 6, 2002, 10:35 PM
Watashiwa, Layin' down the rules, DYN-O-MITE.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 7, 2002, 01:43 AM
Players can use the check room in multiplayer mode, thus allowing the possibility of "muling".

WTF is "Muling"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Javier_Von_Fenrir on 2002-08-06 23:45 ]</font>

Neogame2
Aug 7, 2002, 07:05 AM
do you know of the release date (roughy)?

Dabra
Aug 7, 2002, 09:15 AM
I think sometime in november, like begining-middle, at least for american version. You can import it, and you'll get it on september 12th.

sogoX
Aug 7, 2002, 12:01 PM
umm yea.. well i thought the american ver was comming out on like oct 28..and like the modem comes out like on the 10th of oct..and like the broad mand like a week or two later..right?

i bet im wrong..anywho...

Rhete
Aug 7, 2002, 12:33 PM
On 2002-08-06 23:43, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
WTF is "Muling"?

Muling is giving extra items, weapons, materials, ect to a storage character. The good thing with split-screen is that you can do this offline now, before you had to give the items to a friend to hold, then reconnect online with your storage char to get them

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 7, 2002, 01:28 PM
On 2002-08-07 07:15, Dabra_Shenrox wrote:
I think sometime in november, like begining-middle, at least for american version. You can import it, and you'll get it on september 12th.

Also, I'm pretty sure if you import you'll paying alot less than the US players to play online.

ChokingVictim
Aug 8, 2002, 03:58 AM
muling......oh god....EQ flashback....

Wewt
Aug 8, 2002, 09:06 AM
On 2002-08-07 11:28, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:
Also, I'm pretty sure if you import you'll paying alot less than the US players to play online.

It's likely that Japanese version will be less costly for a Hunter's License, but not that much less. A few measly dollars/pounds or whatever currency you use.

watashiwa
Aug 8, 2002, 09:34 AM
PSO v2 JP Hunter's License was a little over $8 for three months whereas PSO v2 US Hunter's License was $15 for three months.

Although it's just a few measly dollars, that's almost half off for the JP license. *shrug*

Davion
Aug 8, 2002, 03:05 PM
What would the difference be if you import it?

amoralist
Aug 8, 2002, 05:44 PM
US release dates.

amazon.com claims October 18th
EBX claims October 30th

Either way, those who don't want to import have 2+ months to go.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 9, 2002, 12:05 AM
On 2002-08-08 13:05, Davion wrote:
What would the difference be if you import it?

Well besides being able to get the game really early. You will also be able to play online for less than the US players. Also the japanese get quests and such that US players can't get.

Cooperate
Aug 9, 2002, 05:56 AM
Where would you get the Import, and wouldnt you have to get the Adapter Import too?
And would it be full english? *shrugs*:S

Dabra
Aug 9, 2002, 08:52 AM
You can get it at http://www.ncsx.com, yes you will need to mod your gc at some local game store to allow imports to play on your american gc (if thats the case), and yes it has full english, you can change language to it/

rena-ko
Aug 9, 2002, 09:03 AM
since the game (unlike the trial) supports all 5 main languages (and maybe chinese, too but thats not confirmed afaik), yes.

you can get the japanese quests when you switch the game language to japanese. at least its like that for DC, why should they change it?
there still remains the personal problem of understanding japanese ^_^;

there are dozens of treads how to play inmported games on an US-cube. for PAL-cubes there is afaik only the announced boot-cd and it has still to be tested if that works with pso.

i still hope europe wont get any hunters licence-cost, but well, we'll see... -_-;

VariantXL
Aug 9, 2002, 09:21 AM
its just so stupid!!!!! theyd solve all of the problems by just releasing the quests for all of the languages and regions supported as they are made. Theres no excuse for the delays that they made on the dreamcast versions. Instead of running back and forth through a faq it should just be simple as playing the quest in english....

Castoth
Aug 9, 2002, 09:53 AM
On 2002-08-08 07:34, watashiwa wrote:
PSO v2 JP Hunter's License was a little over $8 for three months whereas PSO v2 US Hunter's License was $15 for three months.

Although it's just a few measly dollars, that's almost half off for the JP license. *shrug*

Every time I bought a HL, the amount ST charged was around $10 every time. Still more expensive than buying an import HL but not as bad as $15 for some reason (others have also reported that).

Doubt I'll have a GC by the time it's released in Japan anyway so I'll have to wait for the US version.

watashiwa
Aug 9, 2002, 11:08 AM
*shrug* I just renewed my HL for Dreamcast and was only charged $8.36

Malkavian
Aug 9, 2002, 11:55 AM
On 2002-08-09 09:08, watashiwa wrote:
*shrug* I just renewed my HL for Dreamcast and was only charged $8.36

arg you lucky b¡tch, it charges me 8.47!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif each hl you are 11 cents more rich

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ness
Aug 9, 2002, 03:35 PM
Wow, I am the only one getting excited? I've always wanted to pick my mag color!! LOL!

MetalGriever
Aug 9, 2002, 08:27 PM
As far as the thing about each HL costing a few cents less, I think that has more to do with the exchange rate of the yen to the dollar.

Agent_Reav
Aug 10, 2002, 12:22 AM
That's what I was about to say.... the yen has been losing it's value over recent years. Anyways, I wouldn't mind waiting for a US version with prolly a few more bugs ironed out than buy import now :/ I usually only import if the game will never come to the US.

Cooperate
Aug 10, 2002, 06:37 AM
Im getting it imported, I dont like waiting too long, ill go crazy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mikev2
Aug 10, 2002, 08:59 AM
being able to play import GC games is easy with the right device but getting online how will that happen is the modem multi-regional or do you have to use a japan GC?

Cooperate
Aug 10, 2002, 09:36 AM
Well, The JP PSO is coming out around when the US Modem is comeing out, so im guessing you dont need a JP gamecube

EDIT: But what do I know? Im only 12.
Dont bug me because my age, Because age is NOT a level of matureity.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cooperate on 2002-08-10 07:39 ]</font>

Malkavian
Aug 10, 2002, 09:37 AM
modem is multi region

PrinceBrightstar
Aug 10, 2002, 07:00 PM
as always, sega will release extra download quests for the japanese players but not for english. and these will only be accessible on japanese disks. import will be required for them. (anyone else remember the Mark III?)

Ness
Aug 10, 2002, 07:14 PM
It sucks doesn't it? That the Japanese get all these cool quest and we don't.

RavenTW
Aug 10, 2002, 07:17 PM
Yep.

Is importing the game (Excluding HL) more expensive than waiting a month after and getting it at the local game store?

Cooperate
Aug 10, 2002, 08:53 PM
Bah we will never see the game in all its glory, If only i cpuld read japanese...
Oh well, I was looking forward to playing PSO for the first time.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Castoth
Aug 10, 2002, 11:01 PM
The US did get all the JP quests...after almost a year. Who knows if they'll treat the US players any better now that they are on a new system.

Malkavian
Aug 11, 2002, 07:51 AM
I think it depend a bit on sales.
maybe they didn't like the complaints about pay per play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Who knows, next months we'll see how goes the quest stuff in the us version.

Cooperate
Aug 11, 2002, 08:57 PM
I agree. I just hate the way Sega makes us wait. Its gets us so fired up by the time it does come out we rush to the gameing store at 7:00 AM!

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 13, 2002, 11:41 AM
I got a small but important question. When we first pick up EpI&II. Do we gotta beat EpI to play the new stages and what not in EpII? Is it going to be like Ver.2 where you needed to be a certain lvl to enjoy the new things? Or will the new stages be available after defeating Ruins?

rbf2000
Aug 13, 2002, 12:31 PM
On normal difficulty, after you beat ruins, you will go to the episode 2 levels. And so on for each difficulty level.

Wewt
Aug 13, 2002, 12:49 PM
Just try to think of it as new levels, and not to think of it as a new episode.

TeamPhalanx
Aug 13, 2002, 12:51 PM
On 2002-08-10 21:01, Chaos_Knight wrote:
The US did get all the JP quests...after almost a year. Who knows if they'll treat the US players any better now that they are on a new system.

We never got Sunset by Secret Base... unless I somehow missed it.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 14, 2002, 11:25 AM
I just got a revalation. The Factory Area splits up into the other areas right? and some of those areas contain "mini bosses". Does this mean that the team can split up at Factory Area and go seperate ways to fight different bosses and then meet up at Factory Area again? Perhaps later in the game for EXP reasons players could split up and take care of bosses by themselves for more EXP.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Javier_Von_Fenrir on 2002-08-14 09:27 ]</font>

AlexMadcow
Aug 18, 2002, 01:52 PM
Amazon.com has the date for release set for Oct. 18 last time I checked. I'm sure they'll delay the game longer then that, why? I dunno, but they always do.

vgi_vinnie
Aug 22, 2002, 02:15 PM
yea I have heard nov 2002 now, late november. I guess I can wait til then, I mean GCN is getting mario and starfox to hold me over til then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PSO screens:
http://vginsider.com/headline.cgi?headline=24&section=gcn_headlines

sangull
Aug 23, 2002, 04:13 AM
This is only speculation, so don't take this to be absolutely correct, but from what I understand PSO E.I&II is supposed to be an Xbox Live launch date title, and from what I've heard from various game sites and retailers, Xbox Live is supposed to launch Nov. 5 (at present time) so I wouldn't be surprised if the gamecube version comes out same day or before that (U.S. date) I see no reason why they'd release it after.... And don't worry so much about the downloadable quests, I have a feeling they'll be muli-lingual since sega is only a game publisher now. They're making a profit now that they're out of the console race which probably means we're going to see those downloadable quests about the same time Japan does....I hope....

amoralist
Aug 24, 2002, 02:44 PM
I have the new EGM. They've got new pictures of epI&II as well as recyled ones. My scanner sucks so someone scan them so other people can see them.

WraithAkaMrak
Aug 26, 2002, 03:27 PM
planetnintendo.com (GameSpy) reported this Wednesday:

PSO: E1&2 Beta Ends
08:56 | by digitaltaco
Sega seems to be confident in their upcoming online action/RPG for the GameCube. A story at GameForms states that Sega has officially ended the beta test for Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2. The beta servers have been shut down and now the company has begun to ready itself for the actual release of the title.
The game is set to be released in Japan on September 12th. Unfortunately, in the US, we'll have to wait until November 30th before we can get our hands on the game. Oh well... It'll be worth the wait.Which puts it a month+ later than we originally thought.

Ness
Aug 28, 2002, 06:08 AM
I hate them... I hate all. Why did they have to delay it again?

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Aug 30, 2002, 08:12 AM
Any other updates on the game? I just finished seeing a post the claimed there was yet another stage being added, which takes place under water? Seems kinda bogus, but anything is possible. Sonic Team just keeps adding lil things here and there I don't even know what to expect anymore which is going to really add to the experience of playing through the game.

Salty_the_Salty_Man
Aug 31, 2002, 09:53 AM
hi! i had a question and please do dont hurt me for asking. can i play offline by myself or do i have to play with a friend to "enjoy" offline mode? i want a real answer from some one who knows like one of the mods.

Unis
Sep 1, 2002, 04:20 AM
Absolute, unequivocal 'yes' to your question; you can play alone offline.

If I'm wrong, I'll eat my shorts, and send you the pictures to prove it.

Nidarrock
Sep 4, 2002, 11:32 AM
This is a story question. What is the time difference between episode I and episode II?

I'm mostly just curious, I don't want to spoil what little story there will be. I hope I'm wrong though and there will be better story interaction through out the game.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 5, 2002, 04:07 PM
Will you be able to choose your mag color? I'd love that. Also, when is the US Version coming out again?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Sep 5, 2002, 04:13 PM
ANOTHER DELAY. .....................I may just get a freeloader and import, because I'm sick of waiting for this.....

BladeofDarkness
Sep 7, 2002, 09:10 PM
I haven't heard anything about it being delayed it's still due out in october.

RavenTW
Sep 7, 2002, 10:16 PM
On 2002-09-04 09:32, Nidarrock wrote:
This is a story question. What is the time difference between episode I and episode II?

I'm mostly just curious, I don't want to spoil what little story there will be. I hope I'm wrong though and there will be better story interaction through out the game.

A month or two after DF is defeated, I beleive

On 2002-09-05 14:07, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Will you be able to choose your mag color? I'd love that.

And your asking in the topic that tells all known info on ep 1 and 2?

Yes, you can pick your mag color. Just check page 1.

rbf2000
Sep 12, 2002, 08:15 PM
From Mamak.

Here's a short list of what's been changed and added since PSOv2.

- Androids can now use traps in challenge mode, this was previously not possible in PSOv2

- Rare items are marked in red

- Extra attacks from special items now have a little more special effects to them

- There are NO EP2 online quest as of yet.

- The cost of using the Dressing room has been lowered

- Androids will recover their HP over time, other characters will have their TP recover over time.

- Healing machines (showers, onsen) instantly heals 100% life.

- The game is now PPPoE compatible

rbf2000
Sep 13, 2002, 10:24 AM
From Sonic team's website, translated by ragol.com

New/V2 Enemy Parts/Weapons

- Right Hand of Booma -> Booma Claw
- Right Hand of Go-booma (?) -> ?
- Arms of Grass Assassin - >Twin Assassin Saber (sword, 390 to equip, EX Arrest)
- Feather of Rappy -> Rappy Fan (sword, 480 to equip)
- Head of Hildebear -> Hildebear Staff (same as V2?)

New Weapons

- Musashi (dagger-like Agito?) Hard, Forest, Dragon, Whitill

New Shield

- Red Barrier (use with Amp)
- Blue Barrier (use with Amp)
- Recovery Barrier (use with Amp)
- Foie Mage (Marge?) (Red Barrier + Foie Amp)

New Items

- Photon Drop (no use found yet)
- Foie Amp (use with Red Barrier)
- Barta Amp
- Ra-Barta Amp
- Zonde Amp
- Gi-Zonde Amp
- Add Slot (adds a slot to your armor)

Changes in GC version

- You cannot sell Mag that you have equipped.
- License expiration date is in the game. (notice board?)
- You can switch on the monuments (to go to Ruins) without clearing Mines first. (no need to go through Forest/Cave/Mines twice now)
- Mag Synchro rate does not go down if you have it equipped and quit the game.
- Slicers can now target enemies in the air.
- HUmars cannot use Grantz, Megid, Reverser, Shifta, Deband. Max Tech Lv 15.
- RAmars cannot use Grantz, Megid, Reverser, Jellen, Zalure. Max Tech Lv 15.
- HUnewerls and RAmarls cannot use Grantz, Megid, Reverser. Max Tech Lv 20.
- Anti only goes up to Lv 7. HUmar and RAmar can only use upto Lv 5 Anti.
- All Androids have auto HP recovery. You must stand for it to take effect.
- All Newmans (or All Forces?) have auto TP recovery. Again, you must be standing, i.e. doing nothing.
- Weapon attribute can go past 60%. In DC, it was your (character's attack + weapon power) * (100 + attribute%). However, in GC, you only get the attribute bonus to your weapon power only. (character's attack + (weapon power * (100+bonus%)).

RavenTW
Sep 13, 2002, 04:51 PM
Awww, no more Reverser for non-Forces? That'll end up a big waste of meseta for moon atomizers, especially for the Hunter-only games.

Well, it's good to see this new balance (other than the Reverser thing), especially now that androids get auto health recharge! I can't wait!

Janek
Sep 13, 2002, 09:41 PM
On ep 1 and 2 will you be able to start on ver1 and take your new char to ver 2 or ep2 ? please tell me I need knowledge

Aragorn14
Sep 13, 2002, 10:10 PM
Did you read the whole topic? It's been said already to just think of it as new levels.

Castoth
Sep 14, 2002, 12:59 PM
Wow, HUmars suck now that they can't cast Shifta/Deband. Main reason why I prefered them over HUcast in DC PSO.

Ness
Sep 14, 2002, 07:53 PM
YOu need a Japanese address to buy an import Hunters Liscence. There is a new intro movie. Chek the news section of this site. The 4th level is an undersea level which is where the 2nd final boss lives.

amoralist
Sep 21, 2002, 09:47 AM
EGM finally displayed an ad for PSOepI&II. It also has a small line advertising for PSCollection for GBA.

While I'm here, from http://www.the-magicbox.com. They claimed that Sega has officially renamed the X Box version of PSO to Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II. I'll quote it when The MB gets done updating their site.

Malkavian
Sep 21, 2002, 10:15 AM
Weapon attribute can go past 60%. In DC, it was your (character's attack + weapon power) * (100 + attribute%). However, in GC, you only get the attribute bonus to your weapon power only. (character's attack + (weapon power * (100+bonus%)).

Hey anyone has talked about this and is one of the most important things I read.
Now the ATP differences between characters will affect very little when using hi % weps.
using those impressive 80%+ weapons a HUcast won't do much more than a FOnewearl, and saw a FOnewearl equipping elysion!!!! Imagine FOnewearl with 90% elysion and lv 30 techs doing loads of damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
maybe even more or similar than HUcast with 40% wep

Well it could be that maybe isn't that 2 much altered if they did really revamp ult mode.
In ver2 the gap between ver2 and v1 weapons was so big. And some weps gave more than 1000 atp. if they eliminate that gap and ultimate weps are only slightly better and a max about 700-800 ATP and this most powerful weps not usable for forces, then maybe isn't as changed as I said

LadyKei
Sep 21, 2002, 08:12 PM
I just looked through the entire list of stuff here, and didn't see these posted, so...

What are the '<Tech> Amp' items? Do they boost levels of specific techniques, like Wizard, Devil, and God/Technique did for every technique a character knows?
Are there higher item stack limits, or can you still only carry 10 instances of any stackable item (mates, fluids, etc)? I know I've seen screenshots with 15s of an item before...which leads into my next question...

What are the '<???> Trap' items? Do they just let you create traps like the ones you already find in abundance throughout the game, just wherever you want?

SporkAdept
Sep 21, 2002, 11:58 PM
Yes, I'd like to know about the Amps also... And is there a noticable difference between FOmar and the rest of the forces? Also what's the difference between HUcast and HUcaseal?

rbf2000
Sep 22, 2002, 02:07 AM
On 2002-09-21 21:58, SporkAdept wrote:
Also what's the difference between HUcast and HUcaseal?
HUcaseal has more ata than HUcast, but HUcast has more atp.

vgi_vinnie
Oct 2, 2002, 03:37 PM
here is some more news on PSO:

http://vginsider.com/news.cgi?viewnews=13&section=gcn_news

not to mention gamespots interview with naka, as well as their hands on with the PSO import. All good reads.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 4, 2002, 09:08 PM
When you choose multiplayer offline, the stage you can start at is determined by the progress player 1 has made in single player offline. That means your stage progress isn't saved when you beat stages in multiplayer offline =>.>=;;;;

http://tails04.sonicteam.com/cgi-bin/pso/info/info.cgi

Blenjar
Oct 10, 2002, 08:16 PM
Hello and thx for help again and stop give out pick b/c it real spoiler to me! Thx for you coorporation.

CorneliusPower
Oct 20, 2002, 03:57 AM
I cant wait for PSO Episode 1 & 2, I have reserved my Broadband adapter, a copy of PSO Gamecube, and the concern of the hunters lisence has been raised. Well i know im not alone here when i say that it was a pain in the A** to purchase a hunters lisence on version 2. Took me a good week to sign purchase, even with a valid credit card, because of the site's bug. Eventually I did get the purchase to work after a week of errors,"You have already purchased a hunters lisence, come back when it has run out." Oh the horror!! Well I certainly hope the same bug doesnt exist for purchasing a new lisence for the new PSO Episode 1 & 2. I will get on-line!!! Well anyone who feels like posting on this, then i would appreciate the feedback!

Ereiniana
Oct 21, 2002, 05:38 PM
Ok, I'm a little confused here.

What is a 'Hunter's License'? I never played v.2 for DC because I am waiting for the GC version again. Does this mean that we have to pay a fee on top of the monthly fee for each character? I'll try to find the answer somewhere, but if you could answer it here I'd appreciate it.

Thx.

pixelate
Oct 21, 2002, 05:40 PM
A Hunter's License is the monthly fee paid to play the game online. You don't have to pay extra for each character you have. It's a flat fee.

Ereiniana
Oct 22, 2002, 05:16 PM
Grats. Thx Pixelate.

Rumina
Oct 22, 2002, 06:49 PM
the multiplayer offline.. heard a lot about it and that'll be fun when i have some peeps over, but is there such a thing as multiplayer "online"?

rbf2000
Oct 22, 2002, 07:30 PM
No. Only one person can be online at a time per gamecube.

VulpesMundi
Oct 23, 2002, 01:57 PM
I jist re-decided to import (yeah, I know, 7 days 'til the US version is scheduled to come out) for a couple of reasons.

1. The JP versions always get more stuff than the US versions.

2. I found a really good deal @ http://www.videogamedepot.com/ where they only want $79 US for the game and modem (shipping was just over $5 for 2nd-day air - my copy should be here today).

What I want to know is...
Does anyone know a valid Japanese postal code and phone # that will work when signing up for a HL? I really don't want to fight with the sign-up page.

Thanks in advance.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Oct 23, 2002, 04:53 PM
http://www.nintendo.com/online/hunters_license.jsp
Oooh ahh, usernames and passwords now... (yeah I'm amused easily. Look, yarn!)

VulpesMundi
Oct 23, 2002, 06:18 PM
Uh, that didn't answer my question. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VulpesMundi
Oct 24, 2002, 04:05 AM
Well I found one on my own and made a Dricas account. To be helpful to anyone else who needs to find a valid postal code and phone number, I'll go ahead and post them. BTW: the phone number is Capcom of Japan and the postal code is where they reside. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Postal code: 540-0037
Phone number: 06-6946-3099

Lman90245
Oct 24, 2002, 04:59 PM
I'm seeing PSO in my sleep now... God help the world if they delay that game, i'll go on a bloody rampage! ;p

Lman90245
Oct 24, 2002, 05:08 PM
I'm seeing PSO in my sleep now... God help the world if they delay that game, i'll go on a bloody rampage! ;p

Bluedeath
Oct 24, 2002, 07:11 PM
Finally i found a good FAQ with stuff i did'nt know. But when does the GameCube modem come out, I wanna see the lobbies.

CorneliusPower
Oct 25, 2002, 06:22 PM
Both the Modem and Broadband adapter should be out as we speak. For about 40 bucks. Weird considering PSO EPS:1&2 is coming out on the 30th of Oct. Let's pray for NO delays!

Foggy_Pete
Oct 25, 2002, 07:32 PM
hey im sorta a new face around here, ive been reading the forums for awhile and its great to meet you guys at last http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bluedeath
Oct 25, 2002, 09:40 PM
What is it 4 more days...............i dunno if i can take it, but does anyone know if England has different ships, cause my friend moved there and i wanna know if we'll be able to play together..http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Bluedeath
Oct 25, 2002, 09:44 PM
Ohhhhh sorry i forgot to thank you CorneliusPower i didnt think it was out yet i guess i'll buy it with the game. Is your name supposed to be Latin?

TY

rbf2000
Oct 25, 2002, 09:46 PM
Well, if he waits for the pal release, then yes, there will be a differant server for him, but you will still be able to play together. If he gets the US version, then he will default to the US ships, and you will be able to play with each other.

So don't worry, either way, you'll be able to play together.

CorneliusPower
Oct 26, 2002, 02:36 AM
No Problem bluedeath. I just got off the phone with babbages outlet store, i reserved my broadband modem with them, it was supposed to have come out on OCT 22nd, so far all theyre telling me is that the shipment hasnt arrived, my nightmare's are coming true!! No! Delays on the modems!! Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2 is scheduled to come out on the 30 th which is this WED. i for sure hope for no delays!! The way i figure or hopefully, they both come out at the same time! And I dunno if my name is latin, i just picked it cause it's suitin for my personality, Cornelius is kind of a John Doe kinda name, but my name will be CorneliusPower on-line, i think it's Blue section ID. I will be a RAmarl..Weeeee, I cant wait!

Bluedeath
Oct 26, 2002, 08:35 AM
Well thats a relief since i cant play many games with him anymore thx for tellin me rbf2000
, and I agree CornleiusPower it would be a nightmare if the modem isnt in stock .. they wont sell in my area but i just hope the get em. But as usual i have another question, is there a difference with the broadband, and dial up? O and look for me online Name:BlueDeath
Class:RAmar
and i will have a blue costume

Foggy_Pete
Oct 26, 2002, 02:30 PM
ive preordered both the game and the modem but it wont do me any good if they arnt in stock yet! if the game comes out before the modem i guess offline mode will keep me satisfied untill the modem hits shelves..but i still cant think up a good name for my pso character! can you guys gimme some tips or ideas? i was thinking Ko Sai but that sounds really common

Bluedeath
Oct 26, 2002, 05:42 PM
Ummmm one thing you could do is look in a dictionary for a cool word and change it around , but first you have to know what your character is like so that it will suit (him/her) and if your still in school and u take Latin , Spanish etc look at those definitions and see if you find anything cool.But basically put something that suits your character..... at least thats what i do. Good Luck

CorneliusPower
Oct 26, 2002, 09:08 PM
Well I got my Broadband modem today! Which means i will be playing PSO EPS:1&2 the day it comes out. Dial up modems utilize your phone line with speeds up to 56K, broadband is faster with less noise/latency than dial-up and with speed up to 256K+, broadband utilizes cable lines and DSL using the fine copper wiring in a phone line which doesnt tie up a phone line cause it uses a different frequency, which means if I see a rare on the ground, I will be able to pick it up faster than a guy that's using dial-up. Both modems were release today. Both same price, but if you have a high speed connection, DSL or cable, I recommend it! Peace!

Foggy_Pete
Oct 26, 2002, 09:26 PM
do you have to use broadband to connect to the internet on your cpu to use broadband to connect to pso on your gc?

CorneliusPower
Oct 26, 2002, 11:23 PM
Y'know Pete. That is actually a very good qustion. The only thing that makes me wonder about that is on the requirements page it says "A Broadband connection device, such as a cable modem or DSL adapter with an open network port, or a network hub." What I was thinking is that you can just plug your ethernet cord straight into the Gamecube adapter, I tried calling nintendo but htier closed. But if it is the case of me needing a hub, porr me has to wait till Friday the 1st of november to play online, payday. Someone please post if you know anything about this!

Bluedeath
Oct 27, 2002, 11:29 AM
I hope you dont need to have DSL or cable on your PC to use the broadband modem on GC because my PC has a real shitty connection and i'll never be able to play online cause my parents will get mad if im takin up the phone line all the time.

CorneliusPower
Oct 27, 2002, 03:48 PM
I picked up my Broadband adapter and nowhere on the requirements it says you need a PC to connect using it. All you would need is a DSL, which doesnt tie up your phone line BTW, or a cable internet connection, connects you to the internet via a cable line.

Foggy_Pete
Oct 27, 2002, 05:05 PM
really? thanks for the info, its a shame i didnt look into that when i decided to reserve a 56k instead of a BBA

Bluedeath
Oct 27, 2002, 05:57 PM
Well im not the smartest person in the world cause all i do is play video games and football, so in simpler terms are you saying if i have i 56k modem on my PC i can still get the broadband for GC, right?

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Oct 27, 2002, 07:42 PM
You have to have broadband on your computer in order to use it on your GC. If you don't, you have to use dial up.

CorneliusPower
Oct 28, 2002, 02:09 AM
Ok bluedeath, a vast confusion has come about, and before the PSO EPS:1&2 hits shelves, let me try to say this: High speed internet is considered broadband service and I know you may have been confused because I am saying I have a broadband adapter for the gamecube, well this is what I have right now, I own a PC and Broadband cable internet, which is high speed internet. The alternative to cable/dsl is dial-up which ties up your phone line, hence the term dial up, your communicating to your ISP through your phone. And a huge NO, bluedeath, if you currently have dial-up service you cannot use the broadband device, the broadband adapter utilizes anyone that utilizes high speed internet, cable/dsl. My original concern was, I currently have a PC with cable internet which is high speed, I have my broadband adapter, so I can plug my high speed ethernet cord which plugs into my PC from my cable modem i can just take it out of my PC and plug it into my Gamecube, then I will have high speed on PSO. Peace.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CorneliusPower on 2002-10-27 23:10 ]</font>

Foggy_Pete
Oct 28, 2002, 07:56 AM
this is a little off topic but did anyone else notice cheech is on the news page of pso world? apparently our little forum discussions reach even the big guys at the head of PSOW
wtg cheech!

thanks for the info cornelius, so if im using dial up now...i cant use BB to connect to PSO correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foggy_Pete on 2002-10-28 04:58 ]</font>

Bluedeath
Oct 28, 2002, 08:58 AM
O ok thanks alot cornelius ..... but im kinda bummed i have to get the dial up for GC, o well at least it'll work.

Lman90245
Oct 28, 2002, 06:15 PM
Ok, I went to nintendo's official web site and so far the date is still 10/29/02 when it ships, so most stores should have it in by wednessday the 30th.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=619&showMe=1

so don't freak out just yet it's still slated to ship the same day....

Ness
Oct 28, 2002, 09:06 PM
The first month will be free.

CorneliusPower
Oct 29, 2002, 06:00 AM
Correct Pete and Bluedeath, if you are currently using dial-up service, you need to buy a modem adapter, the only way you can use BBA is if you have DSL or cable service...Peace.

hucasts_rock
Oct 29, 2002, 03:25 PM
On 2002-10-29 03:00, CorneliusPower wrote:
the only way you can use BBA is if you have DSL or cable service...Peace.

not necessarily...I have a BBA w/ a 56k connection, because my dad and I have our computers networked w/ an RJ45 connection..

Lman90245
Oct 29, 2002, 08:17 PM
Anyone else as excited as I am right now? ITS COMMING TOMORROW TO BABAGES and i'm going to be the first one in line.... and if there are none left... I'm going to cry...

CorneliusPower
Oct 30, 2002, 03:03 AM
Hucast, sorry i wasnt aware of that, shows how much of a nub I am. Lol! And I have my copy of PSO EPS:1&2 prepurchased I pick it up at my leisure.

Bluedeath
Oct 31, 2002, 08:09 PM
I cant stand this, while every1 is playin PSO GC im lookin for it, all the stores around where i live said they havent gotten them in, is it worth driving an hour to EB?

Lman90245
Nov 4, 2002, 04:04 PM
I've had the game since the realease date and have been playing almost non-stop eversince. It took me awhile to realize There was a babbages in town http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character info:
name: Xellos
EP1-
FOmar lvl: 34
normal (beat)
hard (working on)
v. hard
ult

EP2-
VR temple (beat)
VR spaceship (beat)
central dome area's (working on)

Rares I have-
Booma's claw
Photon Drop
Add Slot

FaendrylPSO
Nov 6, 2002, 10:53 AM
If anyone else would like to confirm this new MAG change for GC version as well...

I posted it in a problem topic earlier.

I started with a hunter and took the mag, and gave it to my ranger, leveling it to 10 to get

Kalki(ESTLLA)

I gave it back to my Hunter, and leveled it to 35, making sure DEX > POW + MIND

it should have turned into:

Marutah(PILLA) , which is a hunter only mag.

instead, it turned into:

Mitra(PILLA), which is a ranger only mag.

In the DC version you could change what mags you got through course of evolution by who(class) you gave it to. Now it seems whatever class evolves it first will be its class evolution throughout. This sucks
=(

FaendrylPSO
Nov 6, 2002, 07:45 PM
Well, I just leveled my mag up to 50 with the hunter still, dex > pow > mind, and it ended up being Garuda; a Hunter/Force mag. So, I don't know if I had a glitch with my level 35 mag or if it's supposed to happed that way, where the class that makes the first evolution determines the second, or whatever.

To find out more about this, if it;s intentional or just a glitch, I'd have to do many more mag evolution tests. However I neither have the meseta or time for this, so I guess I'llleave it in others hands as time goes by on GC PSO..../sigh.

Wang_Tang
Nov 7, 2002, 11:28 AM
noooooo i need state maint and trap search!!!!!! noooooooooooooooo

oh good god damn...