PDA

View Full Version : Official List of Forbidden Words in Music

KodiaX987
Jun 25, 2005, 08:57 PM
I declare that using any of those words or expressions in a song makes said song unworthy to be played at any time, in any place, and in any universe:

-Baby
-Love
-Sex
-Pants
-Hey Mr. DJ
-Yeah
-Yo
-Listen up
-Uh-huh
-Niggaz
-Suckas
-Muthafuckas
-Cool
-Hot
-Darling
-Bitch
-Party

Feel free to add to the list.

geewj
Jun 25, 2005, 09:04 PM
Some of those are like every other work in some Chili Pepper songs.

And the Chili Peppers kick ass, for the record.

Jive18
Jun 25, 2005, 09:05 PM
I don't have many:

- Ho's (pretty much bitches, but just as annoying)
- Suck
- Dick (goes with suck)
- The entire phrase "just a lil' bit" (sorry 50 cent)
- Shake
- Pus*y (early 90's rap abused this word so much :/)

BTW, another nice topic Kodiax.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jive18 on 2005-06-25 19:09 ]</font>

Anubis_
Jun 25, 2005, 09:10 PM
You ever thought about how many songs you could right using just those words.

Jive18
Jun 25, 2005, 09:12 PM
On 2005-06-25 19:10, Anubis_ wrote:

Exactly. There could be an entire new genre devoted to those words alone. Thus they are overused to hell and should be eliminated.

zero12410
Jun 25, 2005, 09:21 PM
any rappers that use the words "piggy bank" n a song should be hanged.

Bradicus
Jun 25, 2005, 09:23 PM
On 2005-06-25 18:57, KodiaX987 wrote:

-Baby
-Love
-Yo
-Darling

Oh my darling I..... Can't get enough of yo love baby.

Heh.

Anubis_
Jun 25, 2005, 09:34 PM
any rappers that use the words "piggy bank" n a song should be hanged.

Thats funny,, Cause I can only think of one rapper that.. OOOOHHHH..

Solstis
Jun 25, 2005, 09:56 PM
Well, I guess I really didn't like Jet.

:/

Ness
Jun 25, 2005, 10:01 PM
Just ban rap altogther! There, problem solved.

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
I never listen to it. But heres a list

-smokin' weed
-shootin' em' up
-drillin tat
-ass
-Ill kill you punk ass (insert ridculous N word here) (Except it has the ER..not the A.)

But yeah, Ness is right. Ban rap all together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-06-25 22:48 ]</font>

geewj
Jun 25, 2005, 10:10 PM
Well, I can tell you this.

Rap has more fans than any of you do, combined even.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2005, 10:12 PM
On 2005-06-25 20:01, Ness wrote:

Boom.
Rock has those words as well *slice*
So does Pop *Chop*
And any vocalish song has a possibility of having a word like that. *Sashimi*

Looks like its Classical and Instruemtnals for us then. I mean hey I dont have a problem with that though...

Sure oh so jillion others do though.

Ness
Jun 25, 2005, 10:15 PM
On 2005-06-25 20:12, Tingle wrote:

Boom.
So does Pop *Chop*

Looks like its Classical and Instruemtnals for us then. I mean hey I dont have a problem with that though...

But those other genres aren't used to degrade African Americans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2005-06-25 20:15 ]</font>

Sayara
Jun 25, 2005, 10:18 PM
I declare that using any of those words or expressions in a song makes said song unworthy to be played at any time, in any place, and in any universe:

The original post has nothing to do with being degradeful to black or white or GREEN for petes sake.

Ness
Jun 25, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-06-25 20:18, Tingle wrote:

The original post has nothing to do with being degradeful to black or white or GREEN for petes sake.

My post was on topic; I said jsut do away with it because it contained all the words on that list. I used the race thing to give another reason to throw rap into the heap.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2005, 10:39 PM
So could any other genre. Any genre can insult anything it can. So why just randomly remove rap, when every other genre can potentially insult as well?

Ness
Jun 25, 2005, 10:42 PM
On 2005-06-25 20:39, Tingle wrote:
So could any other genre. Any genre can insult anything it can. So why just randomly remove rap, when every other genre can potentially insult as well?

Why question everything I say and not question the words of others? I know giving me a hard time is trendy, but that doesn't mean you have to do it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I know, I know. I said remove rap because I was trying to funny. I know that removing a genre entirely won't solve anything.

Sayara
Jun 25, 2005, 10:47 PM
Yus! Now we are back in track.

Remove a genre = bad
Remove a song = good

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 26, 2005, 12:05 AM
On 2005-06-25 20:15, Ness wrote:

Boom.
So does Pop *Chop*

But those other genres aren't used to degrade African Americans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2005-06-25 20:15 ]</font>
Of course not, they're just used to degrade America's youth at large.

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 26, 2005, 12:17 AM

Boom.
So does Pop *Chop*

Sorry to raid your parade buddy, but Rock has more meaning to it. They dont sit there and sing about being in a gang and banging every chick they see. Rock, ussually explains about everyday life, emotions being felt such as sadness, love, etc. Hell, some songs just tell others out there to just plain get off their backs.

InfinityXXX
Jun 26, 2005, 12:32 AM
*Ahem*, My specialty......

Before i start lemme let some people who don't know that may read this that there are 2 genres. Rap and Hip Hop. Both are subdivided into other genres like gangster neo etc. Rap music is based on the artist. He/she can rap about something positive or negative.

*I know noone haven't started saying anything bad about the genre(yet) but I have like an obligation to always say this when rap is mentioned since some people who know nothing of the genre, be so one sided and start thinking negatively about it*

Me being a person who listens to the radio 24/7(yes I have a radio in every room and its always turned on. I really lov music) Music in general have lost its touch over the years.

All people care about is just making songs that you can just dance to. The true essence of music have been lost.( After Whitney houston did the "Waiting to Exhale" soundtrack, music has went down) Now, you barely hear a soulful powerful voice, a single pluck of a electric guitar that fills you with energy, or lyrics that comes from the heart and the truest chambers of the mind.

Though to you, Kodia, you may feel that music that uses those words you listed, should not be played but songs still are gonna use them. I personally am ok with any words used in any song, EXCEPT for the n word or any other racial slur, its just how you use the words that makes me either delighted or offended. So saying they do not need to be played ever is wrong, for words are worded different. Example. "Life is a b****" "I can't stand that b****"

see?

Also, cmon Kodia, you put "Baby" on your list? Prince, a superior musician and songwriter/singer from the 80s till now, uses "baby" a lot in his songs....

Also, also, I would appreciate it, if you either take off the N-word from your list or edit it to just the letter N and asteriks.(n*****) Do not try to flame me over it, just respect my wishes as an African American, thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-06-25 22:35 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 26, 2005, 12:43 AM
Somewhat tying in to what I said in the other recently posted thread, regardless of whether or not you find "rap" aesthetically pleasing, someone does.

Do you (the hypothetical, all-encompassing "you") really enjoy J-rock (or any other pop-culture phenomenon) because you found it enchanting? Or, did a few friends (online or off) introduce it, and claim it to be the greatest and most sophisticated thing you could listen to?

Do people really love Oscar Wilde for his poetry, or the social distinction that comes with claiming that you love him? Admittedly, we all get some manner of satisfaction from saying something like: "Hey, I'm an avid reader of Shakespeare." just as someone would get from saying: "I know all of 50cent's lyrics."

So many thoughts, so few coherent sentences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-06-25 22:43 ]</font>

Jett_Kakashi
Jun 26, 2005, 12:47 AM
On 2005-06-25 22:32, InfinityXXX wrote:
*Ahem*, My specialty......

Before i start lemme let some people who don't know that may read this that there are 2 genres. Rap and Hip Hop. Both are subdivided into other genres like gangster neo etc. Rap music is based on the artist. He/she can rap about something positive or negative.

*I know noone haven't started saying anything bad about the genre(yet) but I have like an obligation to always say this when rap is mentioned since some people who know nothing of the genre, be so one sided and start thinking negatively about it*

Me being a person who listens to the radio 24/7(yes I have a radio in every room and its always turned on. I really lov music) Music in general have lost its touch over the years.

All people care about is just making songs that you can just dance to. The true essence of music have been lost.( After Whitney houston did the "Waiting to Exhale" soundtrack, music has went down) Now, you barely hear a soulful powerful voice, a single pluck of a electric guitar that fills you with energy, or lyrics that comes from the heart and the truest chambers of the mind.

Though to you, Kodia, you may feel that music that uses those words you listed, should not be played but songs still are gonna use them. I personally am ok with any words used in any song, EXCEPT for the n word or any other racial slur, its just how you use the words that makes me either delighted or offended. So saying they do not need to be played ever is wrong, for words are worded different. Example. "Life is a b****" "I can't stand that b****"

see?

Also, cmon Kodia, you put "Baby" on your list? Prince, a superior musician and songwriter/singer from the 80s till now, uses "baby" a lot in his songs....

Also, also, I would appreciate it, if you either take off the N-word from your list or edit it to just the letter N and asteriks.(n*****) Do not try to flame me over it, just respect my wishes as an African American, thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-06-25 22:35 ]</font>

When I spoke, even though your post wasnt directly aimed towards me, I wasnt being one sided. I used to listen to rap when it was actually good. Until every song I heard was about smoking illegal drugs and banging women 24/7 and other crap. So, I went to rock, and found it to be much more pleasing.

As for the stroke of an electric guitar giving me energy and stuff, I have a group that does that. Slipknot. SUre, their first four albums were explict, but the newest one, Sublimnal verses, was really awesome. As for editing my posts to rid the N word..I got your back. Ill edit my posts ASAP.

InfinityXXX
Jun 26, 2005, 12:54 AM
Well, i know everyone doesn't like rap music and i wasn't trying to get those who don't like it to not like it. I'm just trying to say, that most folks just as soon as they hear rap its a ton of negativity. I don't like all rap buut i respect the genres and the artist even if some are arrogant and evil like a very popular rapper thats already been mentioned.

In a nutshell i'm just saying, in the first part of my post, to just don't go hating on another whole genre of music especially if you do not know that much about the genre. But no one haven't made any negative comments towards rap but everytime rap is mentioned (trust me) someone is gonna just start flammin' on it sooner or later so I just made that comment to shed some light over the rap genre to those that don't know fully about it and or have intentions of sticking in a negative comment.

But, yeah, i don't expcet for anyone or everyone to like a genre or not. Its their business and opinions but at least open your mind and get a good wide amount of info before talking bad about a total genre as a whole.

edit: To: Jett
Thanks a whole lot for editting it. I've heard of slipknot but i never listened to their music. I'll go check out a song by em. I always like listening to new and different music.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-06-25 22:57 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 26, 2005, 01:02 AM
Slipknot can be a bit... odd. I find their masks appalling, but hey, someone likes 'em.

Their latest music is awesome though.

System of a Down is great too, but it depends on what kind of guitar play you like. Somewhat similar to the difference between Bach and Beethoven - distinct instruments or roaring noise.

roygbiv
Jun 26, 2005, 01:15 AM
On 2005-06-25 22:43, Solstis wrote:
Somewhat tying in to what I said in the other recently posted thread, regardless of whether or not you find "rap" aesthetically pleasing, someone does.

Do you (the hypothetical, all-encompassing "you") really enjoy J-rock (or any other pop-culture phenomenon) because you found it enchanting? Or, did a few friends (online or off) introduce it, and claim it to be the greatest and most sophisticated thing you could listen to?

Do people really love Oscar Wilde for his poetry, or the social distinction that comes with claiming that you love him? Admittedly, we all get some manner of satisfaction from saying something like: "Hey, I'm an avid reader of Shakespeare." just as someone would get from saying: "I know all of 50cent's lyrics."

So many thoughts, so few coherent sentences.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-06-25 22:43 ]</font>

I mean the correct solution is then to listen to music that you DO find enchanting... no matter what genre its in or how popular it is... i.e. don't pay attention to whatever other people think you SHOULD listen to. People don't understand that they can choose. They can make their own independent decisions on things they like...
Having friends is good for getting introduced to new music, but that doesn't mean that you need to listen to everything your friends listen to... If you are listening to the new hip band "huckleberry hucksters" just because everyone else is listening to it maybe you should look for music which has some special meaning to you personally.

Though thinking about things I guess you can have two philosophies... 1. Listen to music that has special meaning to you. 2. listen to popular music so that you will have a shared experience with many other people. The latter is in fact probably a pretty strong attribute of popular music but whatever....

Anyways... Back on Topic.

Baby, should not be banned... just for the song "You just haven't earned it yet baby"
likewise "love" is fairly popular in both good and bad songs...

honestly most of what i listen to is ambient music...

EphekZ
Jun 26, 2005, 01:26 AM
hey kodia, instead of bitching don't listen to it.

there problem solved

Zarode
Jun 26, 2005, 01:39 AM
On 2005-06-25 23:26, darkgunner wrote:
hey kodia, instead of bitching don't listen to it.

there problem solved

You're really asking the wrong person to shut the fuck up. And trust me, he is the only one that usually makes rants that most of the community agrees on. But hey, who cares?

And on the subject. This is why I'll take instrumentals anyday, then the regular crap.

navci
Jun 26, 2005, 02:24 AM
Ban music and be rid of it.

Arislan
Jun 26, 2005, 03:14 AM
If there was a band called the Huckleberry Hucksters you can bet your ass I'd be listening to them.

One does have to wonder what brought on this particular rant though...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 26, 2005, 05:20 AM
On 2005-06-25 22:17, Jett_Kakashi wrote:

Sorry to raid your parade buddy, but Rock has more meaning to it. They dont sit there and sing about being in a gang and banging every chick they see. Rock, ussually explains about everyday life, emotions being felt such as sadness, love, etc. Hell, some songs just tell others out there to just plain get off their backs.

I read that and thought about many rap songs I have listened to which honestly do the same thing.

That's only one side of Rap you're speaking about though. The popular-for the sake of being popular part. Infinity covered it pretty well but I just wanted to say my part on it.

Its perfectly fine by me if you have never heard rap concerning poverty issues-and no way out of them, rap concerning why people must continue to die using 9/11 as a reference to such afwul acts, and so on.

I know the stereotype too, Cash money I have more money than you blah blah, but that doesn't mean there isn't any diamonds in the rough. that there aren't artists with talent.

I hate, really hate those who cannot tell me why one artist is comparable to another-good or bad-for any reason other than they're tight, or dope.

If you can't compare or discuss what and why about any artist or music ever, you probably shouldn't be listening to music at all. I find it a waste of money for you which continues the MTV media machine and pop-culture that most hate with a passion yet buy more and more crap because of it.

I can tell you why I like NAS over 50 Cent. I can tell you why I like Rage Against the Machine over Linkin Park. I can do so to those who not only know the difference, but those that don't.

Some quotes from my lil bro(who is somewhat of a know it all on rap/hip hop).

"They used to sell Usher's last CD here at Walgreens," I say.
"Usher sucks."
"What, I didn't say he was good or anything, I just wanted to point something out."
"He still sucks."
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

space_butler
Jun 26, 2005, 05:50 AM
um...but most of those words are used in good music. whats so abd about 'party' anyway?

everybodys going to the party/ have a real good time/dancing in the dessert/blowing up the sunshine.

Feelmirath
Jun 26, 2005, 06:26 AM
-Baby
-Love
-Sex
-Pants
-Hey Mr. DJ
-Yeah
-Yo
-Listen up
-Uh-huh
-Niggaz
-Suckas
-Muthafuckas
-Cool
-Hot
-Darling
-Bitch
-Party
Love: as far as i can tell, millions of songs have the word love in it
Sex: U dissin Barry white?
Pants: U an me baby aint nothin but mammals so lets do it how they do on the discovery channel...
Muthafuckas:But the Kings of leon rule...
Cool:I also like "United states of whatever"
Darling: Was in an Evanescance song
Bitch: Was in a jet song
Party: In an Andrew WK song, oh and also a Beastie Boys one.

Why ban those words?!?

roygbiv
Jun 26, 2005, 08:05 AM
On 2005-06-26 00:24, navinator wrote:
Ban music and be rid of it.

yes everyone should be forced to listen to the genre of "noise" it would be awesome.

[Yeah... probably banning music would make the world a lot more dull]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roygbiv on 2005-06-26 06:07 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jun 26, 2005, 09:36 AM
On 2005-06-26 06:05, roygbiv wrote:

yes everyone should be forced to listen to the genre of "noise" it would be awesome.

Try hard techno. Noisiest damn genre ever invented on Earth. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ness
Jun 26, 2005, 09:41 AM
We should removed all genres of music except trance. Then everyone will only be able to listen to good music, and it will bring us one step closer to divinity.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 26, 2005, 09:49 AM
Looks like its Classical and Instrumentals for us then.

Time for Mozarts 'Baby, I Love Your Sex Pants, Bitch' http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Uh, rest of the thread. "Wah, Rap, wah, wah, wah, Hate Rap. Wah, wah, wah, Dont Hate Rap! Wah, Wah, Wah, Rocks Better, wah!". I think you should all stop beating that Dead Horse now, its more of a fine red mist now anyway.

Different Genres of Music. Some people like em, some dont. You can say either Genre is Good, or either Genre is Crap, but you know what? Your not lying when you say it about either. Theres good and bad in everything, and if someone dislikes the something, they will focus on the bad like a man/woman possessed.

Oh, and the greatest thing about this? KodiaX didnt even mention rap!

KodiaX987
Jun 26, 2005, 10:54 AM
On 2005-06-26 07:49, Deathscythealpha wrote:

QFE, you blinding idiots. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ness
Jun 26, 2005, 11:04 AM

Kodia didn't mention oxygen either, but we all know he thinks those words are a waste of it.

Deathscythealpha
Jun 26, 2005, 11:26 AM
On 2005-06-26 09:04, Ness wrote:

Kodia didn't mention oxygen either, but we all know he thinks those words are a waste of it.

Does he? From his last post I thought otherwise, but I will wait for Official Confirmation from the man himself.

roygbiv
Jun 26, 2005, 12:24 PM
On 2005-06-26 07:41, Ness wrote:
We should removed all genres of music except trance. Then everyone will only be able to listen to good music, and it will bring us one step closer to divinity.

Nobody should be allowed to listen to trance... and I mean if you are going to pick a genre of music to wipe out... seriously my pick would probably go to trance, just for "anthem trance." Though if I were going to be able to institute my views on music I might be able to find something more eggregious...

CupOfCoffee
Jun 26, 2005, 12:40 PM
Oh man, what a pissing contest.

Whoever said "just ban music and be through with it," however, should run for president.

SJ
Jun 26, 2005, 01:50 PM
On 2005-06-25 19:12, Jive18 wrote:

Exactly. There could be an entire new genre devoted to those words alone. Thus they are overused to hell and should be eliminated.

It's called rap.

Solstis
Jun 26, 2005, 01:58 PM
On 2005-06-26 11:50, SJ wrote:

It's called rap.

Way to not read all the posts in the thread.

SJ
Jun 26, 2005, 02:04 PM
On 2005-06-26 11:58, Solstis wrote:

On 2005-06-26 11:50, SJ wrote:

It's called rap.

Way to not read all the posts in the thread.

Sue me for not wanting to spend time reading all of them.

InfinityXXX
Jun 26, 2005, 04:43 PM
*sigh* lol, I knew someone was gonna say it blindly and foolishly with a one track mind and a side of arrogance.

I don't and i won't repeat an hour worth of text but I will say that if you are going to post something SJ, even though you really don't have too, but it'll be a bit wiser and it'll be a bit respectful if you read others post so you want sound a bit off and foolish. I am not trying to flame you or start an arguement but i just want you to know about what you did.

On topic:
Yeah, I love trance. It really does put you in a trance and it will give you a ticket.(Andy Hunter a fav of mine)

Jive18
Jun 26, 2005, 05:56 PM
On 2005-06-26 12:04, SJ wrote:

Sue me for not wanting to spend time reading all of them.

Sorry buddy, that's your own fault. It's good to notice all the posts in the middle of the page sometimes.

AUTO_
Jun 26, 2005, 06:15 PM
You people need to get fucking educated before you start labelling an entire genre of music into the same mold, your sense of the rap world doesn't extend past flipping through MTV or what you hear on the radio, so don't make dumb fuck statements about rap or any other genre of music as a whole that you have no education in.

I find this thread useless, while I get its humorous jab, it's useless.

Saiffy
Jun 26, 2005, 06:49 PM
What ever happened to people just listening to what they like and not giving a fuck about other people's tastes?

Considering this isn't even what Shuri was talking about in the original topic, yeah.

Scrub
Jun 26, 2005, 08:59 PM
Every genre has good and bad points. :3 So why don't we all just give them a hug and say we'll tolerate them for the sake of others?

Uncle_bob
Jun 26, 2005, 09:07 PM
If someone is blaring their music so loud that I can hear it in my own personal space and it's pissing me off, I won't tollerate it nor the jackass playing it.

navci
Jun 26, 2005, 09:51 PM
On 2005-06-26 10:40, CupOfCoffee wrote:
Oh man, what a pissing contest.

Whoever said "just ban music and be through with it," however, should run for president.

That would be me! navi for prez!

Honestly. This thread is turning into. "Your music suck, it should be deleted". I think there are themes and words that are overused and I honestly would like to see less of. But banning of anything is only going to make them even more popular because now it is "forbidden".

It just doesn't work that way.

Daikarin
Jun 26, 2005, 09:56 PM
On 2005-06-26 19:07, Uncle_bob wrote:
If someone is blaring their music so loud that I can hear it in my own personal space and it's pissing me off, I won't tollerate it nor the jackass playing it.

The idiot who lives on top of my apartment has the bright idea of throwing off parties at 4 am. Which means, the whole building shakes at the sounds of good dance music.

That is, until the cops arrived to control the earthquake.

Somedays, I can hear the dudes singing "Kumbaya" with their guitar.

KodiaX987
Jun 26, 2005, 09:59 PM
You people couldn't keep a music thread on topic if the fate of the entire universe depended on it. Fuck you all, someone lock this.