PDA

View Full Version : PC: This may be old PSU news, but I havent heard it yet... (

Fredrick
Jun 27, 2005, 07:49 PM
I was on sega's PSU page and noticed at the bottom it said the release date was WINTER of 2006. Originally it was said to come out in feb. of next year.

There are also rumors of PSU being on a next gen system. In the gameplay video for PSU they show the playstation symbols (x,o,square,triangle) as part of the controlls. I think maybe it will be on the PS3. Although PSU does not look next gen, it looks very good for a online RPG / MMO. So good, I have been wondering how they would pull it off on the PS2.

I dunno... Just a theory. But if the date is ture, this is very bad news for those who have been waiting to get their hands on PSU.

Edit: (sp)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fredrick on 2005-06-27 17:51 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2005, 09:52 PM
They pushed it back.
Wow.
Although this is old news it has to be said.
Videogame release dates are sketchy for the most part.

More time is needed to bug test/code-recode/make the game, more money can be made by pushing the date back(from PSO:BB or even GC/XBOX), or more hype can be created by doing as such.

Just don't take release dates as set in stone unless a developer or something gets a tattoo of the release date or something ridiculous, as someone in Microsoft did for pre-release of Halo 2. And boy were the stores flooded with copies of that game, and still are. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

therealAERO
Jul 21, 2005, 01:40 AM
For the love of god!! Winter 2006 doesn't necessarily mean December. Did you know winter is also January and February of the beginning of 2006. Does anyone know this? Think about it. You will see.

ghost_zero
Jul 21, 2005, 05:54 AM
Actually... the most of the winter is the beginning of the year...
at the end of the year the winter begins at 21st of December (if you include 21st in calculation) that are just 11 days until the year is over... at the beginning of a year have some months of winter: Junuary, February and March...

Blitzkommando
Jul 21, 2005, 10:13 PM
Winter usually is interchangable with Quarter 4. Or, the last 3 months of the year. Also seeing that the release date for Japan is 7-21-06, Q4 of 2006 makes perfect sense for the US release.

therealAERO
Jul 22, 2005, 12:12 AM
hey pal why do you make up false dates. Here look I got this from the sega.jp site. If you want to find it go look for yourselves. Just make sure you have babel fish working

Name name:
ファンタシースターユニバース (PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE)
Genre:
RPG
Sale day:
This winter schedule
Value case:
Undecided
Corresponding type:
Place t Shaun 2
Preparation thought:
Network correspondence

Stargun
Jul 22, 2005, 12:25 AM
Edit: Oops, ignore this, mis-post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stargun on 2005-07-21 22:28 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 22, 2005, 01:35 AM
Please, if you're going to correct someone, do so in a kind manner. Being a bit snippy can incite a flame war, which is not exactly something encouraged on these forums.

Blitzkommando
Jul 22, 2005, 02:09 AM
On 2005-07-21 22:12, therealAERO wrote:
hey pal why do you make up false dates. Here look I got this from the sega.jp site. If you want to find it go look for yourselves. Just make sure you have babel fish working

First off, don't call me pal. Second that is, as I said, the Japanese release date. So don't go correcting someone with the wrong information.

therealAERO
Jul 23, 2005, 12:10 AM
I apologize for being snippy. I am not corrected you with false information. this is what you wrote

7-21-06 Thats july 21st 2006 What I posted said "This Winter" How is that corrected you with wrong information. Listen I went to e3 which is in Los Angeles right. I talked to a Sega representative and I asked him when it was coming out and he said this Winter, and believe me I questioned him, but he continued to say This winter. I'm sure he knew he was talking to an American and gave me an American release date. I than played the demo and after beating it it said "Thank you for playing coming This winter"

ghost_zero
Jul 23, 2005, 05:23 AM
Whenever it comes out... it makes no sense in releasing a PS2 game when the PS3 is already out which should come out Spring 2006 (if I remember that right)... so July and afterwards doesn't somehow make sense...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ghost_zero on 2005-07-23 03:23 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 23, 2005, 10:23 AM
it makes a lot of sense to not release an online game thats not 1st party for any console in the first wave of games for that console.
lets see the facts. the ps3 will cost around what... 400? whatever, it will cost 2-3 times of what the ps2 costs.
given ST doesnt fuck up the engine, games still look pretty neat on ps2. at least it will be enough to display the game in a manner.

then take in account that there are around 20million ps2 sold so far. substract about 5 million that got replaced with a newer model, thats still around 15million households that could technically run a ps2 game. how many households will be able to run a ps3 game on release date? how many will a year after? not as much as who can run a ps2 game (since ps3 can run ps2 too - and who knows, maybe even with all online modes etc).

so, why again should a full thirdparty company put out a game that needs more than just 1-2 years of developement onto a console where they'd know that the userbase still needs to grow.

oh and besides this. as mentioned above in some other answer: there is still the pc version. most screenshots most likely are from that version anyway (even tho it uses ps2 button descriptions).

BoarDemon
Jul 23, 2005, 01:22 PM
Ha, someone else at a different PSO board made this same topic. Come on people, common sense.

Rubesahl
Jul 23, 2005, 01:29 PM
ST alsosaid they wanted to take a more wait and see approach of the new consoles before they make a game on them (EGM, PSU issue). Besides, I'm pretty sure the screens we're seeing are from tthe PC version since they look SO AMAZING O_o So I don't worry oo much on how it's gonna look thanks to the PC version. PC version all the way wohoo

ghost_zero
Jul 23, 2005, 04:34 PM
Well I will also buy the PC version... yes I don't have a PS2 at all http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Split
Jul 23, 2005, 11:06 PM
On 2005-07-20 23:40, therealAERO wrote:
For the love of god!! Winter 2006 doesn't necessarily mean December. Did you know winter is also January and February of the beginning of 2006. Does anyone know this? Think about it. You will see.

Good point, but I've read December from some respectable sources(gameinformer online), however I think it may come out sooner than we think.

Uncle_bob
Jul 23, 2005, 11:09 PM
Let's look at it this way, everyone.

If we get PSU in the U.S. sometime in Feb. of '06, then we'll have the game and we'll be happy!

But as much as I like that idea, if the release it in Q4 of '06, then that means more time for ST to add new features, anti-cheating precautions and so on.

So, which of these would you want?

kazuma56
Jul 24, 2005, 05:02 AM
well the movies I saw from in-gameplay from E3 are really goos so I know the PS2 version looks really good, I would go PC but upgrading costs is too much for me.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2005, 05:14 AM
On 2005-07-21 20:13, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Also seeing that the release date for Japan is 7-21-06,

Q4 of 2006 makes perfect sense for the US release.

Nobody posted any wrong information.
Calm down. Nobody was under any impression that the US release date was July 21, 2006.

It was said a whole lot of times all over this forum, and this topic even that Quarter 4, Winter 2006. As in Spring = Quarter 1, Summer = Q2, Fall = Q3, and Winter = Q4.

The only misconeption here is the interchanging of the seasons with the quarters of the year, can we agree on that? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

lostinseganet
Jul 24, 2005, 09:27 AM
I guess the more we wait the better the game will be. Will The game have 66 players that I have read about a long while ago or will it at least be 16?

Nash
Jul 24, 2005, 10:03 AM
Development of the game seems to be going at the same pace as the original PSO and Episode I&II, there's no way it's going to be end of 2006. As others have said winter also means January/February.

It will be the highlight of Sega's booth at the Tokyo Game Show in Japan in September, and then probably follow the original PSO's release dates of December in Japan and end of January/February in the US.

It's going to be torture the gap between the Japanese and US releases, knowing people are already playing it! If the Japanese version has multi-language support like the original PSO and Episode I&II I will probably go for that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Reenee
Jul 24, 2005, 10:08 AM
Word Select kicked ass. Hope it comes back.

Nash
Jul 24, 2005, 10:18 AM
Just watched the short trailer that they released at the PlayStation Meeting in Japan a few days ago, and it's completely in English. Both the cut-scenes and in-game weapon names.

Can't draw any firm conclusions from that, but it does suggest that the whole game is already translated like the original PSO and Episode I&II and that you'll be able to choose English in the option screen.

So 1) that means we might be able to play it as early if we get the Japanese version and 2) the gap between the Japanese and US/Europe releases will be very short as no translation has to be done, which makes December in Japan and February in the US more likely.

Reenee
Jul 24, 2005, 10:30 AM
Just know this:

Once it gets its ESRB rating, the game is practically done.

And it can happen months in advance. That means the game is done and they're pretty much taking out the kinks from the online stuff.