PDA

View Full Version : GC: PSO 1&2 (GameCube) in general

mrphilos
Jun 29, 2005, 05:54 PM
There is quite a lot up with this game, no matter how much I play it... it is my favourite gamecube game, but there is too much wrong with it.

Such as the FSOD cheat. I mean who came up with that? It's a whole pile of ... hmm... better containing my abusive words... but there is no need to have these... I used to use unofficial memory cards, and so far that proved to be a huge mistake. My first unofficial memory card, I got my character to level 130 odd, completely legit, and suddenly, without warning, I got FSOD... only now that memory card is completely useless, it has been permanently corrupt, and no amount of formatting will help.

I think the fall of the game was AR codes in general... The creators of the game never wanted it to have cheats, therefore never published any, so why have people hacked to do so... al it does is take the fun out and complete the game within the first 10 seconds. I mean only a couple of codes are quite fun and experimental, but even that would ruin a lot, so having those which harm others is just stupid.

One thing I have never understood, was why is there a download file in the quest list if there are no downloadable quests. I was really lookin forawrd to bein able to download TTF, because that would have just ruled, but I can't even download anythin as poor as the depressed wife quest.

The game would be even better if it was possible to get it to be practically the same as the XBOX version. I only have a gamecube, and i can't afford an xbox, and my parents won't buy me one, so i can't play it quite basically...

better go, probably said too much there... but it kinda makes me think that people could just degrade the game... unfairly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guntz348 on 2005-07-01 00:57 ]</font>

PhotonDrop
Jun 29, 2005, 07:00 PM
Well you see, quests like the Value of Money and Letter from Lionel don't need to be downloaded, they're already on the disk. But I do wish TTF or RT could be downloaded. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As far as who created the AR codes, you can blame people who had the equipment to browse through the data and too much free time.

If possible you should look into Blue Burst. They don't have the evils of GC just yet.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 30, 2005, 12:09 AM
Err, don't tell people how to do the shop dupe here. Even in a sarcastic tone. This topic should be locked and or your words there erased. It doesn't matter how many people already do know or that GC PSO "is dead" it doesn't need to be clearly stated how the dupe cheats work. It isn't allowed in Cheaters so it sure as hell isn't allowed in Rants. "but anyone can google it" sure can. PSOW is not the place for cheat codes/hacks/"xbox saves."

And the XBOX version is not much better. Don't kid yourself there. Besides voice chat, you get less (online)quests and support from ST, and way less online players-therefore way less online players who are worth two cents(team play, C-mode, etc.) not just T-J hacked mag whores.

This rant is also an old rant, made by many, and more will continue to make it. Ugh. It never ends.

Blitzkommando
Jul 1, 2005, 12:08 AM
Personally I found the Xbox version more annoying. The voice chat alone is reason enough that I haven't cared for much of Xbox Live anyway. Don't get me wrong, I love playing online with other people. What I hate is these "voice masks" that make these people sound so annoying. Bleh, another rant there.

And if you hate duping and cheating so much then why tell people how to do so? I have to say I have moved on from PSOGC because of some of the problems you listed but mainly because most of my friends moved on as well. In any event you might want to edit your post or you will most plausibly get banned or warned for it. Sarcasm or not.

SLON
Jul 1, 2005, 10:02 AM
The Download function is a relic from the Dreamcast days. Most of the DC download quests are already available on the GC disk. I guess they just couldn't be bothered to get rid of the option.

Jive18
Jul 1, 2005, 07:39 PM
On 2005-06-29 22:09, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Err, don't tell people how to do the shop dupe here. Even in a sarcastic tone. This topic should be locked and or your words there erased. It doesn't matter how many people already do know or that GC PSO "is dead" it doesn't need to be clearly stated how the dupe cheats work. It isn't allowed in Cheaters so it sure as hell isn't allowed in Rants. "but anyone can google it" sure can. PSOW is not the place for cheat codes/hacks/"xbox saves."

And the XBOX version is not much better. Don't kid yourself there. Besides voice chat, you get less (online)quests and support from ST, and way less online players-therefore way less online players who are worth two cents(team play, C-mode, etc.) not just T-J hacked mag whores.

This rant is also an old rant, made by many, and more will continue to make it. Ugh. It never ends.

Exactly. Goddamn, just go to Blue Burst. It's where everyone is going now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif...

mrphilos
Jul 2, 2005, 05:01 PM
On 2005-06-29 22:09, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

i apologise if this is the case, i guess i was just letting my fingers do the typing without thinking about any consequences, i sometimes do that, jus type without thinking, i'll try to make sure it won't happen again, it's just i felt things needed to be said

and given that i'm a UK resident, i can't find blue burst easily, and i'm not one who's very much into the idea of import games. when it comes out in UK, and if it comes out for gamecube i'd definately get it. i just liked the game so much, it just seemed going online (which i'd like to add is what the game was created for) completely messed it up

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 2, 2005, 08:48 PM
On 2005-07-02 15:01, mrphilos wrote:

and given that i'm a UK resident, i can't find blue burst easily, and i'm not one who's very much into the idea of import games. when it comes out in UK, and if it comes out for gamecube i'd definately get it. i just liked the game so much, it just seemed going online (which i'd like to add is what the game was created for) completely messed it up

PSO Blue Burst is a PC game, you just need to download the clinet from their main site.

Nai_Calus
Jul 3, 2005, 12:12 AM
...Yeah, and? Welcome to 2003.

No version of PSO is perfect, no version is secure, eventually BB will end up just as fucked up as any other version. Find one you like and stick with it. All I give a shit about anymore anyway is c-mode, and GC is the place for that. So there I am, when I can find the time. If you want some actually decent games to play, go dig up a GBA and the Phantasy Star collection and an old Genesis and a copy of Phantasy Star IV, or just get a ROM. It's a better time, there's no FSOD or retards, and nobody will ever bother you, because you're playing single-player RPGs. XP