PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Suspicious Activity - Someone hacked into the Sega PS

Getintothegame
Jun 29, 2005, 09:35 PM
I just got a message from my bank telling me that my Debit card had to be replaced due to someone hacking into a processing thing, and I recently heard that the Sega Billing Server might have been the cause.

I must not be the only one affected by this, so does anyone have any more info about this?

Edit: I can't believe it, I posted in the wrong forum...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-06-29 20:06 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 29, 2005, 11:22 PM
Yep, and guess who did the hacking. Bad olde Broomop, or at least he claims it but i guess this proves it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-06-29 21:26 ]</font>

RuinedReBirth
Jun 30, 2005, 03:59 AM
Heh. Bad move by him then. can't wait to see what happens this time. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Jack
Jun 30, 2005, 05:12 AM
Whoever it is, they're welcome to mine - it's only an Electron card, and there's sod-all in the account.

Luis
Jun 30, 2005, 06:50 AM
Doing Fsod and corruption is one thing but messing with money and debit cards, thats another subject, and he is going to be caught sooner or later for that.

Garm
Jun 30, 2005, 07:22 AM
I'm going to let my HL rest for a while though... (My brother is going to be pissed when something happens, and I'll have to pay >_<)

Edit: My first sentance was taken seriously (My fault, FKL habit and fogot some kind of sign...) and is now removed. I'll go back to PSO now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garm on 2005-06-30 07:16 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 30, 2005, 08:38 AM
has anyone else recieved a statement or noticed something wrong?

Arislan
Jun 30, 2005, 09:12 AM
He works for Sega? The guy who hacked the Billing Server, or Broom? Cause if you think Broom works for Sega, you're on crack. If you say the guy that hacked the billing server works fo Sega, where'd you get your info? And even if he does work for Sega, unless it's an internal security test, it would be the same as if the person doing the hacking did not work for the company. And if it was an internal security test, why did news leak?

Bottom line for me is, I don't think Broom did anything. I don't think anyone did anything. This reminds me a lot of the iRO hacking incident when the account DB was snagged (not hacked, the person literally took and imported the account SQL DB.) Since people's accounts were sabotaged by this guy, everyone assumed the CC's had been hacked too, which they hadn't. Until we see something from Sega saying "Oh shit, guys, check for fraud" (which the most DEFINITELY will do if they were in fact hacked), I'm calling BS on the whole thing.

Luis
Jun 30, 2005, 09:12 AM
On 2005-06-30 05:22, Garm wrote:
Nah he works for Sega...

doesnt matter, he could work for the pentagon but hacking banks accounts its totally illegal, and there is no excuse for it, if thats the case.

Luis
Jun 30, 2005, 09:54 AM
i totally agreed with that.

Ryna
Jun 30, 2005, 11:41 AM
On 2005-06-29 19:35, Getintothegame wrote:
I just got a message from my bank telling me that my Debit card had to be replaced due to someone hacking into a processing thing, and I recently heard that the Sega Billing Server might have been the cause.

I must not be the only one affected by this, so does anyone have any more info about this?

Keep in mind that there have been several high-profile break-ins lately involving credit card processors. Here is an example:

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/MasterCard_40_million_accounts_may_be__0617.html

Unless you can provide some details, I don't think you can attribute this problem to a break-in of the Sega billing server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-06-30 09:42 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Jun 30, 2005, 12:19 PM
If, infact, if, Broomop did do this or even claims doing so, which I doubt for various reasons listed above, he will be so far screwed over for this, well, he will be lucky to touch another computer before he dies. I say this not as a funny but as very serious. Commiting several thousand acts of fraud in this way that is suggested results in the offender being severed from all computer contact for a very, very long time. It happened in the early nineties with some guys and now they can be arrested for even walking into a building with computers available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BLITZKOMMANDO on 2005-06-30 10:23 ]</font>

ShadowChao
Jun 30, 2005, 02:51 PM
Oh wow. I used my debit card to pay for my HL, and just today/yesterday the payment went through. It was an $8.99 charge, but right before that one I got a $30 charge listed as an "NSF FEE" with no names or addresses attached. Because of this unexpected fee I'm now $200 in debt due to overdraft fees and whatnot... *sigh*

If this NSF fee is some fucking hacker's fault, or a goof on SEGA's part... well, I'll be going to jail for murder.

Dek
Jun 30, 2005, 04:25 PM
On 2005-06-30 12:51, ShadowChao wrote:
Oh wow. I used my debit card to pay for my HL, and just today/yesterday the payment went through. It was an $8.99 charge, but right before that one I got a $30 charge listed as an "NSF FEE" with no names or addresses attached. Because of this unexpected fee I'm now $200 in debt due to overdraft fees and whatnot... *sigh*

If this NSF fee is some fucking hacker's fault, or a goof on SEGA's part... well, I'll be going to jail for murder.

I googled your issue, and all I was able to find was "Non-Sufficient Funds fee"

But onto the topic. After two years of PSO on the Gamecube, I still don't see why the hell people have to do this towards one another. Infact, I still don't see why people hack in the first place. What do you prove by gaining access to another computer (Hell, I can do the same thing...*turns the power button on father's laptop* There! I got into my father's laptop! Happy? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-06-30 14:26 ]</font>

StevoLime
Jul 1, 2005, 08:17 AM
who was the person who decided to hack other ppl's characters and accounts in the first place and WHY?
cuz who ever it is is and idiot.
(note, i dont know much from anything from dreamcast, i started playing gamecube pso first)

TribalRocket
Jul 1, 2005, 11:16 AM
I've seen something like this in FFXI one day posted in the news section months back... Squenix still hasn't found 'em...

Seeing this is starting to make me iffy ordering my HL, or playing anymore MMO's for that matter... Is this the first time in all PSO history someone has done this?

adamgnome104
Jul 1, 2005, 02:09 PM
http://tinypic.com/6jpxfp.jpg

What the fuck is with that, I don't want my dad's credit card being fucked over. : DISSAFUCKINGPROVE :

Edit: Oh yeah, it's BS. I canged my opinion. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-07-01 12:12 ]</font>