PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Episode 4 query

Rydius
Jun 30, 2005, 03:44 PM
Having done all the government quests up to 9-4 on normal and seeing people doing their own hunts for the rares which have now been fixed (thank you ST), I was wondering how do you explore the crater without having to do the quests.

Is it possible now or is this going to be opened in a later patch?

Thanks for your help.

Dek
Jun 30, 2005, 04:14 PM
I have tried it several times and nothing has worked. If anything, ST will need to patch the game so that the crater is accessable for normal play rather than just the G-Quests...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-06-30 14:14 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Jul 1, 2005, 05:17 PM
At the moment it cannot be accessed through any means, other than the G quests. It's not too bad is it? I mean there's lot of enemies and its tough. Well I find it tough and lv 69 hard, and I can get into v ahrd epi 4 at 70....

Dragon_Knight
Jul 1, 2005, 07:22 PM
Your going to be smacked if you head into V hard at lv 70. Just bring a mech gun and plug away as a fifth wheel. Anyway I'm going to give up ep 4 rare hunting, monsters are to tough, the humars to greedy (not that I've seen any red boxs drop in ep 4 save before the bug fix), and by golly the drop rates are WAY to low. I have problems finding rappy wings for crying out loud, the Siren's glass hammer is just out of the question. I can never figure out why people think the drop rates are too high.

Side note someone opened up an ep 4 trading game and all they had was a heavenly luck to work with, the only other people that showed up were noobs expecting ep 4 rare handouts. This was on ship 1, block 1.

Zaphile
Jul 4, 2005, 01:50 AM
The Episode IV features page ( http://psobb.com ) states that you will NOT be allowed onto Ragol without Government permission (doing the quests), OR you have earned the respect of the Government.
What I assume they mean by the last bit is that, after doing a Government quest they will allow you to access the different areas without a Quest. In other words: you have to unlock the Areas before you can go there.

Sorry for the long post~.

EDIT: It turns out that Sonic Team updated said feature page, and so that quote no longer exists. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaphile on 2005-07-03 23:52 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 4, 2005, 05:03 AM
You must rescue Rupika (FOnewearl) before you'll be allowed down on your own.