PDA

View Full Version : Not an angry rant, but a rant nonetheless....

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 2, 2005, 02:14 PM
So there's a girl I know. I won't say that she's my girlfriend, because I'm not too sure. I like her, and she likes me. There's just one little problem:

She lives in Kentucky.

I don't.

You see my problem? She did come to visit (that's how we met), but she was only down here for a week. Now, I'm not really angry about this, but it's definitely a roadblock. I do have her e-mail address, though.

I guess I'll just have to see how this thing works out. I'd really like to see her again, and she's trying to see if she can come down again later.

Daikarin
Jul 2, 2005, 02:58 PM
I was once afraid of loving a girl because I knew I would move out of home in less than a year. I have a lot of friends whose girlfriends are studying in a college away from them. And if I had dated with her, I would probably still be in a relationship with her, despite the distance. I would go there, I don't know, every three of four months, and that would make our moments more lasting.

Don't let that phase of distance screw up the possible best thing of your life.

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2005, 03:16 PM
a good relationship cant be hindered by distance. love finds a way. and all those other clichees.

really. using distance or possibly changing situations as a reason to not get to know someone you happen to like better is quite coward.
i mean, whats the goal of dating? to get laid? not really. thats easy to do anyway. the goal is to build up a link to another person which wont be broken too easy, by whatever happening - one of you getting fired, one of you getting sick, etc etc etc.

just go for it. and even breaking up isnt fatal. you gonna live on unless she took your heart literally. which is sorta... unlikely.

geewj
Jul 2, 2005, 04:09 PM
On 2005-07-02 12:58, Even_Jin wrote:
I was once afraid of loving a girl because I knew I would move out of home in less than a year. I have a lot of friends whose girlfriends are studying in a college away from them. And if I had dated with her, I would probably still be in a relationship with her, despite the distance. I would go there, I don't know, every three of four months, and that would make our moments more lasting.

But keep in mind that just because they had a connection doesn't mean she would have been the best thing in his life, or that there aren't people in the area that would be at least just as good for him.

There's a whole lot of people running around. Don't ignore them.

Daikarin
Jul 2, 2005, 04:26 PM
On 2005-07-02 14:09, Prof_Frink wrote:

On 2005-07-02 12:58, Even_Jin wrote:

But keep in mind that just because they had a connection doesn't mean she would have been the best thing in his life, or that there aren't people in the area that would be at least just as good for him.

There's a whole lot of people running around. Don't ignore them.

Oh yeah, that's right, take your time first. But if eventually it develops into something big, don't forget that distance shouldn't stop it.