PDA

View Full Version : lavis hunters

StillOffline
Jul 4, 2005, 09:24 PM
hey, ive been hunting lavis cannon (purplenum) for a while now, and ive killed around 6k tollaws. can anyone who found one give me an estimate of how close im getting?

Cynric
Jul 4, 2005, 09:35 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=137

Kaio666
Jul 4, 2005, 09:36 PM
only time will truely tell. it says your drop rate is 1/28808 so you could be a long long way off. just keep at it. finding the thing is a pain, but worth the time once you get it. good luck.

Jason
Jul 4, 2005, 09:54 PM
Tollaws are stingy if it comes to getting a rare from it. Hey, best of luck. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Just don't think of its drop rate of the Lavis Cannon while your at it, it would drive you insane.

Keep in mind that it is not an impossible drop rate, and is meant to drop as long as if you keep going, and on going and going. And again, best of luck. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

KageRyuushin
Jul 4, 2005, 10:21 PM
Its easier to get it from a Pouilly with a Redria even if you have to pipe a billion times >_>. Might get it from the first one too

Kaio666
Jul 4, 2005, 10:23 PM
thats wher i get mine from, took about 5 slimes but again, worth it. especially now that its a double cannon...

Hrith
Jul 5, 2005, 03:06 AM
I hunted the bish from Redria Pouilly for a long time, after 67 slimes, I gave up.

I hunted it in Skyly, got it after 12k Del-Ds (rate is same as Purplenum Tollaw), I say keep the HS runs.

matizzle87
Jul 5, 2005, 04:50 AM
Go searching with a Redria ( pouilly slime ).. I found a lavis cannon after killing 4 of them.. And I also found a syncesta afer 9 Hildetorrs... I know.. i was very lucky.. and i traded some other good stuff for another syncesta so now i have the double cannon which is really great.. Of course there are always some people with really bad luck but me and my friends have always been lucky with those 1/21 chances.. lavis cannon after 4 times.. syncesta (hildetorr) after killing 9.. orotiagito (pal rappy with pinkal) after 13 times... angel harp (pal rappy) after 29 times.... You see.. it's just a matter of luck..

Well.. good luck!

matizzle87
Jul 5, 2005, 04:55 AM
By the way.. if you still want to search for it by killing those Tollaws you should keep doing the quest ''soul of a blacksmith''.. There u should find like 28 tollaws or something and it's great for gaining EXP..

Again, good luck mate

Fossil
Jul 5, 2005, 05:00 PM
Well seeing that all the uber tollaw drops are like 28,807 for a ratio... I've killed over 28,000 Tollaws for Milla and still hunting it. There's your estimate. :|

Dana
Jul 5, 2005, 05:05 PM
ui found mine on my about(350th lap) so nearly 9000+ tollaw, i think that redria slimes(if you pipe) take the fun from the drop so...TOLLAW yay

hehe, labis is seksi

Labis blade is pwnage

get a syncesta¬_¬

Sef
Jul 5, 2005, 05:50 PM
On 2005-07-05 02:50, matizzle87 wrote:
Go searching with a Redria ( pouilly slime ).. I found a lavis cannon after killing 4 of them.. And I also found a syncesta afer 9 Hildetorrs... I know.. i was very lucky.. and i traded some other good stuff for another syncesta so now i have the double cannon which is really great.. Of course there are always some people with really bad luck but me and my friends have always been lucky with those 1/21 chances.. lavis cannon after 4 times.. syncesta (hildetorr) after killing 9.. orotiagito (pal rappy with pinkal) after 13 times... angel harp (pal rappy) after 29 times.... You see.. it's just a matter of luck..

Well.. good luck!

You didn't mention how long it took to find the enemies though. Could have been months inbetween.

toly369
Jul 5, 2005, 06:26 PM
If u can do Central Dome Fireswirl (PSO PLUS/Online), u should try that for hunting ur Lavis or anything from Tollaws. It's short, takes little time, and plenty of Tollaw.

Kaio666
Jul 5, 2005, 06:44 PM
did some testing, and douible cannon pwns the lavis blades. so find 2 syncesta and go all the way cause it truely owns.

Dana
Jul 5, 2005, 07:10 PM
On 2005-07-05 16:44, Kaio666 wrote:
did some testing, and douible cannon pwns the lavis blades. so find 2 syncesta and go all the way cause it truely owns.

hehehe....

Lavis Blade>All

Kaio666
Jul 5, 2005, 07:15 PM
double cannon>everything lol

Hrith
Jul 6, 2005, 02:12 AM
No, Lavis Blade is better than Double Cannon, if you want a good Double Saber, BKB is better.

And taking rarity into account, Demolition Comet and Meteor Cudgel are better as well.

Vivienne is more powerful than Double Cannon, too, and more chars can use it.

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 04:59 AM
please share how in terms of sheer ass kicking the blades are better than the cannon? i used the blades before my friend found a syncesta and i would never go back. i also consider the double to be the best looking of the evolutions, and its probably my favorite weapon ever, even though daggers are probably still my favorite class. BKB isn't that much better and...its ugly lol. and i dont play BB so the other one you mentioned isn't a factor for me, so i cant comment on it. and while the double cannon may be an insanely rare legit piece of hardware, theres a reason, it kicks ass. so in terms of rarity i can see why others would be a better choice.also i noticed the double cannon has faster than usual attack speed, or at least it seemed like it to me. me meator cudgel and my demo. comet dont seem to combo nearly as quick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaio666 on 2005-07-06 03:05 ]</font>

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 07:02 AM
double saber combo's are much slower than daggers, in caves you get hit mid0combos(with god/battle on) and with daggers+god/battle i havn't met a monster that can interupt a combo.....exept the obvious ones like...delsaber, belra etc(thats just common sense)

they both have a 6 hit combo, so, why not go for the faster one...and the one that looks better!

all in a can't say i won;t change labis blade in to t3h cannon, i might...but i still agree that....

LAVIS BLADE>Double Sabers

anyways, if playing online/multimode i would use a demo com/cudgel with hit%, labis is VERY hard to get with hit.......

matizzle87
Jul 6, 2005, 07:38 AM
About 3,5 hours lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Jul 6, 2005, 07:39 AM
You explain how a stupidly rare double saber with lower ATP and crappy special can be better than BKB?

Yeah, you like the looks, fine, but the weapons is not as good as it is rare.

Jive18
Jul 6, 2005, 07:40 AM
On 2005-07-06 05:02, Dana_ranger wrote:
double saber combo's are much slower than daggers, in caves you get hit mid0combos(with god/battle on) and with daggers+god/battle i havn't met a monster that can interupt a combo.....exept the obvious ones like...delsaber, belra etc(thats just common sense)

they both have a 6 hit combo, so, why not go for the faster one...and the one that looks better!

all in a can't say i won;t change labis blade in to t3h cannon, i might...but i still agree that....

LAVIS BLADE>Double Sabers

anyways, if playing online/multimode i would use a demo com/cudgel with hit%, labis is VERY hard to get with hit.......

Yay Dana! Keep on killing with the blades http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. And as Kef said, if you're going to get a really OOber double-saber weapon, make it BKB.

matizzle87
Jul 6, 2005, 07:43 AM
By the way.. those 3,5 hours I spended were needed to find a Lavis Cannon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Getting the Syncesta took about 11 hours.. I don't know how long it took my friends to find a orotiagito and an angel harp but it's someting like 1 rare enemy >> 1 hour

XenOmega
Jul 6, 2005, 07:47 AM
On 2005-07-06 05:43, matizzle87 wrote:
I don't know how long it took my friends to find a orotiagito

You can't Find the OROTIAGITO. You can convert the AGITO into it by using the tekker on a certain quest.

matizzle87
Jul 6, 2005, 07:52 AM
Yeah i know but you know that I meant the Agito AUW 1975 didn't you?? By the way.. what a stupid mistake :S

Jive18
Jul 6, 2005, 07:53 AM
1 rare enemy >> 1 hour

Not necessarily...

I've had experiences of finding multiple rare enemies within minutes of each other, and other cases where I pipe for over 2 hours with no luck http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif. It's all pretty random, and half the time, the 1/512 drop rate is not very reliable, for me anyways.

matizzle87
Jul 6, 2005, 07:57 AM
I know that it is not always one hour.. but most times it is about one hour.. Yes, sometimes you won't find any after two hours and sometimes you find one right away..

I can remember it very well.. I was making my first run through the forest with i new character and the FIRST RAPPY is saw was an Al rappy LOL!

Garm
Jul 6, 2005, 08:10 AM
Quit bitching, stat wise there is no argument at all and Kefka knows more about stats than most on these boards (maybe the most, but that is too hard to test >_<). And why go for the best stats? Go for the one you like the most http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 09:12 AM
....and the one i like the best is.....

LAVIS BLADE

anyways,yay jive17, labis blade is t3h pwnage!!!111!one!!1!!!!!

anyways me being 100% offline i have no access tot the BKB, but if i did the it would be simple.....

it's true...

Lavis Blades>BKB with hit%>Demo com/cudgel with hit%>BKB>Double cannon

but hats just my opinion, it wouldn't matter really with HUcaseal with s-parts, or even HUcast with s-parts!!!!

still i am not going hunting for a syncesta, it takes too long, piping is boring and well, bleh

if i get one i will sue it, see how useful DCannon is and then if i like it, i would keep it if not, (thats what the reset button is for)!!!

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 12:11 PM
[quote]
On 2005-07-06 05:02, Dana_ranger wrote:
double saber combo's are much slower than daggers, in caves you get hit mid0combos(with god/battle on) and with daggers+god/battle i havn't met a monster that can interupt a combo

double cannon=no interuption ever and i can kill anything that moves in caves and anything thats sensible to kill by itself in mines in a weak, weak, weak combo. ruins, weak weak, strong. they never touch me. whatever i'll keep kicking ass with my double, you can keep your blades.

Octavian
Jul 6, 2005, 12:54 PM
took about 1 minute to get mine, 3 tollaw. (not counting how long it took me to lvl up the purplenum id, of course)

Jason
Jul 6, 2005, 02:31 PM
On 2005-07-06 10:54, Octavian wrote:
took about 1 minute to get mine, 3 tollaw. (not counting how long it took me to lvl up the purplenum id, of course)

There must be more to it, no? >_>

Garm
Jul 6, 2005, 02:37 PM
On 2005-07-06 10:11, Kaio666 wrote:
double cannon=no interuption ever and i can kill anything that moves in caves and anything thats sensible to kill by itself in mines in a weak, weak, weak combo. ruins, weak weak, strong. they never touch me. whatever i'll keep kicking ass with my double, you can keep your blades.

In caves they do touch you, since you get swarmed alot if you don't then you have to get them all lined up or separate them wich takes time. And if you kill things in a weak-weak-weak combo, you can basicly use every item you want. Mines are almost impossible to not get hit, and ruins are impossible. Blades are stat wise better, but look worse IMO http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 04:41 PM
i block about everything in caves so swarming yes damage no. but thats not a weapon issue. i definately get hit in ruins but very rarely from combo interupts. and i agree the blades dont look as cool lol.

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 06:48 PM
....ok fair enough, ui can't say that DC is better than Lavis blade but i sure as hell can tell you that lavis blades are better than any double saber i have used, and offline, there are only 2 i havn't(DC, and MKB)so i am 100% sure that if a demo com/mcudgel isn't as good then the DC isn't as good...
but now to be fair i will have to test the DC and compare!

slayer_1327
Jul 6, 2005, 07:01 PM
I like my BKB for dmg but for looks I like the demo, i think DC looks stupid and LB looks cool as hell!:)

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 07:14 PM
tryin out the double is definately worth it. just save and quit after you get your second syncesta and if you dont like it hit reset without saving so you dont have to find more. but in terms of blades being better than most twin sabers, i completely agree there. i really only like the double and the meteor cudgel in terms of twins.

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 07:23 PM
well yeah to be be fair i honestly can't say

Labis blade>double cannon

as i have never use Double cannons

and in the past my opinion was always

double sabers>daggers

in fact it was more like

Double sabers>everything>daggers

as i used to find them useless¬_¬
but i really like my Lavis blades....and hunting ANOTHEr syncesta is *mumble* but i have about 8 weeks of free time to do 2 things

GET DANA TO 200
GET ITEMS

I think i can get a syncesta without Oran and without Piping.....but i doubt it will be a skyly drop!!!!!!

my bet is either oran(if i get bored or very lucky)

ot purplenum when doing lap of mines.......(stil i would need to be lucky)

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 07:42 PM
yeah if you get another one, that rocks, if not the blades still rock. so either way its win win.

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 08:06 PM
indeed...win win, hay and you know, if the DC mezmerises me you know...i might just be forced to keep it heheh...OMG or hunt another lavis and 2 more syncesta hehehe(or not)

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 09:00 PM
lol, already started the hunt for lavis number 2 so i can have the blades and the double cannon. its not a top priority, but its a goal to keep me busy when i'm bored lol.

Dana
Jul 6, 2005, 09:45 PM
well, IMO thats only gonna happen to be by accindent, if i got the skyly drop them maybe...but other than that i dount it!

~good luck~

having both would settle all arguments lol

Kaio666
Jul 6, 2005, 11:07 PM
i'll send you lavis 3 lol. ok even i wont go that far. but if ya happen to find another that will definately settle any arguements. well good luck finding whatever your hunting for and have fun with those blades.

Garm
Jul 7, 2005, 01:43 AM
If you can block every thing in caves you should use claws http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif They look so.. cewl

Nohra
Jul 7, 2005, 02:06 AM
Best way to hunt a Lavis, aside from Redria, is enemy count. Tallow have shit for an e-count offline, so you'd be better off hunting Del-D.

KageRyuushin
Jul 7, 2005, 12:12 PM
Actually if you have PSO Plus you can do Central Dome Fire Swirl offline and there are 40+ Tollaws. Thats the best offline mission for Tollaws

StillOffline
Jul 7, 2005, 01:11 PM
yeah, i dont have online (i know, why do i even own the game?) but ive been doing soul of a blacksmith, and i basically keep track of the tollaws by other items i find (compared drop rates) so as soon as i find another god/arm it'll be right around 7k. and youre probably right that its easier for redria, but keep in mind im also lvling by doing this which is nice.

o, and ill prolly leave it as lavis cannon b/c
a)finding a syncesta would be even more hunting
b)i heard that if its untekked it never misses, does extra dmg, and doesnt drain. this will b helpful since i dont have a legit godly sword
thanks for the support all! i guess its back to the grindstone.

Kaio666
Jul 7, 2005, 05:12 PM
if you have PSO plus you cant leave it untekked just FYI. and IMO the special isn't insanely uber awesome. but either way good luck in the hunt.

Dana
Jul 8, 2005, 11:04 AM
why can't you leave it untekked/

oh and as far as ememy count goes

Tollaw>del-d

to memory

about 27 tollaw(SoaB)>18 del-d(retited Hunter)

Nohra
Jul 8, 2005, 04:22 PM
I was thinking doing normal runs. There's only two or three Tollaw in regular forest.

Kaio666
Jul 8, 2005, 04:49 PM
something they did in plus where you cant use a weapons special if its untekked. it winds up working out actually, cause i use untekked vulcans to split slimes in my 2nd lavis hunt.