PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy..More people blaming games. -_-

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 06:05 PM
http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/07/05/nstab05.xml

More like a bad case of Unsupervision. But whats worse....this case, or the case where some Korean guy killed his friend because his friend sold his virtual property?

Solstis
Jul 5, 2005, 06:31 PM
That case really had little to do with the game at all. Sounds more like deep rooted problems. The one with the guy killing the other was actually caused by a dispute in game.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
Duh, I know that. Its bugging me though, I keep hearing about Video Game related accidents like every week.

Honestly though Solstis..you're right. It was deep root problems. Teacher shouldve looked more into what was going on at his home. r the parents shouldve told them that hes not being hated or anything.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 5, 2005, 07:04 PM
Even the most loved and nurtured child can become a menace. Hitler anyone?

Jett we all make decisions knowing full well what is wrong and right, to seek blame in the past is pointless and moot. We let the past affect us, by letting it affect us, hence it is still our choice to feel those moments that oh so mold us.

If it is not the game, it will be a tv show, not the tv show, it will be a movie, a book, a toy, a mere thought etc etc.

Just because one has suffered does not give them an inherent right to make others suffer. They choose to do so, that choosing is a present thought.

And I will not go into discussion of those unfortunate individuals that suffer from physical damage or chemical disbalance in their brain by genetic defect or anyother type of stimuli. I am makin my basis on those that are physically sound.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the little speech, but thats something I knew allready. Good wording though as well as a good point.

Wish it never happened, but it does.
Just like that Bully game coming out by Rockstar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-07-05 17:45 ]</font>

geewj
Jul 5, 2005, 07:26 PM
On 2005-07-05 17:08, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Thanks for the little speech, but thats something I knew allready. Good wording though.

I'd tell you that when you make a topic people are going to discuss it. And sometimes people just give thier take on the topic, regardless if some people know it already or not. Because for every person that already knows it, there are probably a few that don't, and apreciate the input.

Like, I said. I would tell you that, but I think you 'already knew that'.

Solstis
Jul 5, 2005, 07:27 PM
On 2005-07-05 17:08, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Thanks for the little speech, but thats something I knew allready. Good wording though.

When commenting in a topic, the poster is not necessarily addressing the topic creator, but all forum viewers.

Though the topic creator has the ability to request a topic lock, or request that the posters remain on topic, it basically becomes public property.

Also, we don't know that you have grasped a concept that is vital to the topic's discussion if you didn't post it.

Frink beats me again. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-07-05 17:27 ]</font>

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 07:33 PM
Ok, look at the circumstances here. Scejntjynahl
started his comment by stating my name, then beggining his speech. That right there tells me hes talking to mainly me, as well as telling everyone else who is reading this, on what he has to say. I responded by basically saying "Hey I allready knew about that, but good post though."

Now..are we gonna sit here and basically bash me for everything I do? Or are we gonna discuss the REAL Topic at hand?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-07-05 17:34 ]</font>

geewj
Jul 5, 2005, 07:41 PM
The point is that if your post has nothing to add to the topic then it shouldn't be posted.

If you want to discuss that topic then leave out the posts that say "I already knew that, but nice try." That's called spam.

Now, I don't comment on posts like that because it is my fondest desire to 'get on your back', but because if you spam, and are not told not to, then the spam continues.

Solution? Try to take my posts for thier intent rather than as an attack and quit spamming?

Sayara
Jul 5, 2005, 07:44 PM
Well obviously not posting that and you wouldnt be arms length in fusses right now.

The topic of kids actions being blamed on video games is as old as like blaming television for their actions.

Its been said constantly over and over that its not games fault, its parents faults for the lack of attention of their child.

Video Games DO have their MRSP ratings as well you know. And most stores don't sell M games to minors anyway. These incidents are not their fault.

ITS NOT THEIR FAULT! (http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3073/10992101014308iw.gif)

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 5, 2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, thats for sure. However, one thing I am disagreeing on Video Games is the Company Rockstar. Why you ask? Well, there making a game called Bully. Where you're some Bully whos in private school and beats up smaller kids and teachers. GTA..bad enoug but a good game if you play it right, but this? Wow. Its like they're asking for a lawsuit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jett_Kakashi on 2005-07-05 18:11 ]</font>

geewj
Jul 5, 2005, 08:06 PM
Let's stay on topic for the reast of the thread. Any more posts about all this other crap are going to be deleted, even if they only have a tiny little ode to it at the end.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 12:34 AM
Anyways, like I was saying before about Rockstar; there was one case about it near Britain. (Dont have the article unfortunatly.) There was a 14 year old, and a 17 year old drug dealer. Story goes like this: The 14 year old supposedly didnt pay all his money to the 17 year old drug dealer. The 17 year old got mad, got some claw tool, and killed the 14 year old by a way he saw on the game "Manhunt."

Guess what the parents did? Blamed Rockstar. But the 17 year old was selling drugs, and couldve been high when he made the decision to kill that 14 year old.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 6, 2005, 03:02 PM
On 2005-07-05 22:34, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
Anyways, like I was saying before about Rockstar; there was one case about it near Britain. (Dont have the article unfortunatly.) There was a 14 year old, and a 17 year old drug dealer. Story goes like this: The 14 year old supposedly didnt pay all his money to the 17 year old drug dealer. The 17 year old got mad, got some claw tool, and killed the 14 year old by a way he saw on the game "Manhunt."

Guess what the parents did? Blamed Rockstar. But the 17 year old was selling drugs, and couldve been high when he made the decision to kill that 14 year old.

Bah, I hate seeing that story constantly mis-told. The 14 year old and 17 year old were friends, the 17 year old may have used drugs such as pot. He killed the 14 year old for no clear reason that I can remember, but just happened to kill him by striking him with a claw hammer at least 3 times then finishing him off by stabbing him. The papers tried to report that the murdered was obsessed with the game 'Manhunt', but really the murder Victim was the one who enjoyed the game manhunt, the 17 year old was too poor to own a games console.

Your above post also seem wholly irrelevent to the rest of the topic.

With this recent incident it seems there are a few very misleading titles and reports happening in the media. The title "Boy, 11, stabbed baby whose crying spoiled his PlayStation game" unneccesarily included the Playstation part, as it is a very minor part of the news report. "Boy, 11, Stabbed Baby" would have done the job.

The kid himself sounds a little unstable. Some anger problems going on if he feels the need for physical violence agaisnt another for loosing at a game, and from the sounds of it he was a bit spoiled. There was obviously some family problems that hadnt been followed up on, but blaming the Teacher is again finding another Scape Goat.

Worst thing I found about that report though;

"...sat beside his father at Hull Crown Court"/

Woo, Hull is where I am right now. How I loathe this city and the people it holds within.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 03:29 PM
This is where I pull out the Comparison trick.
Look at my post where I say that RockStar is begging for a lawsuit with its new coming game called "Bully", and then at that case which you've told (corrected mainly.) as well as any other incidents with RockStar as the scapegoat. Mainly, like you and a few other members said before, the suspect was under some kind of mental stress, and probably/ probably not got the idea to kill someone by a move he saw in a game.
However, another point about that new Bully game. People always blamed GTA, and Manhunt; but was never able to do anything but ban the games from being sold in certain states. (CURSE YOU FLORIDA FOR BANNING GAMES! I thought you were better than that. T_T) Now, with this Bully game on its way out, Im sure kids between the ages of 12 and 16 will somehow get their hands on it. And Im sure if something happens when they hurt some kid, Bully will be blamed, because..Bully is set on a private school, and you beat so called "Nerds and Teachers up." You even use a SLingshot as a long range weapon.

Yeah, sounds a bit less intense than rockets and bombs right? But still, something is bound to happen.

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 6, 2005, 03:43 PM
Im sure kids between the ages of 12 and 16 will somehow get their hands on it. I've already mentioned this before, but 'Bully' is going to be rated TEEN. There won't be any blood or graphic violence. It's gonna be rated TEEN.

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 04:14 PM
Well, I stand partially corrected then. Even if there is no graphical violence, its whats in the mind that counts. Example:

Kid playing this Bully game, gives a swirly to some random NPC. If hes like any other kid who caused incidents like these rated M games, then you should allready know the outcome:

"OOO! Im gonna try that at school tomorrow!"

Deathscythealpha
Jul 6, 2005, 04:24 PM
On 2005-07-06 13:29, Jett_Kakashi wrote:
This is where I pull out the Comparison trick.

But theres no real Comparison there. Kids Stabs Baby > Rockstar Inviting themselves to a Law Suit. Nope, doesnt work.

Cannibel Snowman Wrote:
I've already mentioned this before, but 'Bully' is going to be rated TEEN. There won't be any blood or graphic violence. It's gonna be rated TEEN.

Yes, we know youve said that over, and over, and over. The Horse is now dead, beaten into a fine, red paste. The game is still in production, it hasnt been given any rating at all yet. When the Game has been completed it will be sent off to a board to be rated, then we will know if its been graded suitable for teens or higher. Still doesnt stop the possibility that the game could inspire real life acts of bullying and violence agaisnt others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathscythealpha on 2005-07-06 14:33 ]</font>

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 04:26 PM
Wow, good way to put that. You took the words out of my mouth.
Also I dont really know why I said Comaprison trick. But I think I said that to notion for the GTA games vs the new Bully game. Not the kid who stabbed the baby. But then again....