PDA

View Full Version : He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

FinalMasterM
Aug 9, 2002, 05:44 PM
Starts Monday, August 12, at 4PM

Guess that means Hamtaro is out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif *kicks the f*uking powerpuff girls*

neko-chan
Aug 9, 2002, 05:49 PM
I like all of them.

But Masters are the old series? Or they made a new one?

Regarding PowerPuff (here in Italy it's called "Super Chicche" lol) I enjoy watching this cartoon after a litre or more of beer... It's experience I suggest to try O_o

FinalMasterM
Aug 9, 2002, 05:53 PM
This is the NEW series, starting off with a mini-movie from what I've gathered so far.

And I guess the way things are going, we'll have the NEW Transformer series the week after.

YoungForest
Aug 9, 2002, 06:06 PM
*ahem*

He-Man (new series) starts August 16th, and Transformers Armada starts August 23rd, both at 4PM EST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FinalMasterM
Aug 9, 2002, 06:12 PM
On 2002-08-09 16:06, YoungForest wrote:
*ahem*

He-Man (new series) starts August 16th, and Transformers Armada starts August 23rd, both at 4PM EST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well I just saw the commercial on CN, I'm guessing the "mini-movie" is a few episodes long and the series starts after.

YoungForest
Aug 9, 2002, 06:16 PM
The He-Man "mini movie" will be shown in it's entirety on the 16th. Then the series will be shown after that (I think).

Last_Saiyan
Aug 9, 2002, 07:05 PM
I hope they show a new She-Ra...damn that lady was a hot mama even back when I was a kid!!!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Aug 9, 2002, 08:30 PM
I sincerely, really.. really.. sincerely.. hope that this 'new series' is not at all close to that piece of sewer sludge that was called 'The New Adventures of He-man' that came on television around 88-89.

God that was horrid.. and completely and utterly screwed up the characters, story, and mythos. -_-

Strider_Gren
Aug 9, 2002, 11:18 PM
He-Man used to be my favorite cartoon about 10 years ago....it was also one of the first cartoonsI had ever seen...Looney Tunes doesn't count.

YoungForest
Aug 9, 2002, 11:30 PM
Don't worry Ruriko, this new show will be VERY faithful to the original series. The new toys are already out, and they just look like updates (read: BETTER) of the original toys.

And to the dude above me (forget your name at the moment): "10 years ago?" lol, try 20. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saladwood
Aug 10, 2002, 05:04 AM
Yes they are reinventing it, they even made it on Newsweek.

When will be She-ra's turn?

watashiwa
Aug 10, 2002, 05:09 AM
I hope it doesn't suck.

I remember when they made a motion picture for the cartoon series. I didn't really like it. >.>

But, uh, Skeletor is a bad ass!

Deathscythealpha
Aug 10, 2002, 04:46 PM
MY GOD! A new He-Man cartoon?! Seems that recentally they re-inventing my entire child hood. Does he still have his really naff hair cut?

One strange thing is that i was considering making a Skeletor skin JK2. Those Reborns have just the right shape.

neko-chan
Aug 10, 2002, 04:51 PM
Anyone liked Trap Jaw? lol He was the coolest bad dude ever. >_>;;;

TedEdFred
Aug 10, 2002, 04:58 PM
*kicks the f*uking powerpuff girls*

T_T why! powerpuff girls rox0rz me, we watch it at 8 am on break at work every day.

Ness
Aug 10, 2002, 05:14 PM
Power Puff Girls suck. I'll give the new He-man series a tyr and Transformers. Hamtaro comes on a 6:00 AM.

FinalMasterM
Aug 10, 2002, 05:45 PM
On 2002-08-10 15:14, Ness wrote:
I'll give the new He-an series a try and Transformers. Hamtaro comes on a 6:00 AM.

Hamtaro still comes on weekdays here at 7AM EST, but its just the fact that Hamtaro is new (and thers 152 episodes total) and I'd rather have it on Toonami than PPG which is already on 3 other times a day.

RavenTW
Aug 10, 2002, 05:50 PM
Man, Fox gets stuck with Transformers: RID, and Cartoon network is getting Armada? WHY MUST CARTOON NETWORK GET ALL THE GOOD SHOWS?

Transformers was the first anime I watched, and I hope Armadea does well. RID sure as heck didn't. And I never liked He-man myself.

Oh yeah, Powerpuff girls. Don't know why I like 'em, but I do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ness
Aug 10, 2002, 06:53 PM
On 2002-08-10 15:45, FinalMasterM wrote:

On 2002-08-10 15:14, Ness wrote:
I'll give the new He-an series a try and Transformers. Hamtaro comes on a 6:00 AM.

Hamtaro still comes on weekdays here at 7AM EST, but its just the fact that Hamtaro is new (and thers 152 episodes total) and I'd rather have it on Toonami than PPG which is already on 3 other times a day.

I agree with you Final. Now how aobut unblocking me on your AIM.

FinalMasterM
Aug 10, 2002, 11:09 PM
On 2002-08-10 15:50, RavenTW wrote:
Transformers was the first anime I watched, and I hope Armadea does well. RID sure as heck didn't. And I never liked He-man myself.

Just letting you know the first Transformers was an american cartoon.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Aug 11, 2002, 12:44 AM
Yep yep, the first 3 seasons of Transformers and the movie (I think) were US created.

After season 3 and the 3 episodes of season 4 (trust me.. it's good hardly anybody saw season 4), Takara kept the series going in Japan, with interesting results.

Oh yeah, that reminded me of something. Anybody remember the Macross Valkyrie that Hasbro used for Jetfire the Autobot? Turns out somebody got pissed and he was pulled from the TF line, making him a very valuable collector's item (especially the run where the toy still had his Macross logos on it). That's why he was referred to as Skyfire on the cartoon, looked completely different, and was only only in two or so episodes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The original US Transformers line was actually a hodgepodge of different Japanese toy line figures repainted and renamed to fit in Hasbro's US toy line up. Some of the toys were taken from other companies that weren't Takara.. with results like above.. uh.. resulting. That's why some figures like the Dinobots and Insecticons have cockpits built into their dino/insect forms.. they were originally made for something else.

*hopes Soundwave and the Casseticons are in Armada unchanged..*

Ian D
Aug 11, 2002, 01:41 AM
Um, yay?

FinalMasterM
Aug 11, 2002, 05:09 AM
On 2002-08-10 22:44, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Oh yeah, that reminded me of something. Anybody remember the Macross Valkyrie that Hasbro used for Jetfire the Autobot? Turns out somebody got pissed and he was pulled from the TF line, making him a very valuable collector's item (especially the run where the toy still had his Macross logos on it). That's why he was referred to as Skyfire on the cartoon, looked completely different, and was only only in two or so episodes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yup yup, and I have the "Macross" version of the ship, there was another series of him made shortly after then in one of the botcons they showed a prototype for a new (huge, bulky Skyfire) but he wasn't ever produced.

Alisha
Aug 11, 2002, 07:23 AM
She-Ra ownz j00

hmn even tho she had her own show wasnt there some eps where she teamed up with he-man

RavenTW
Aug 11, 2002, 02:25 PM
Wow, the US actually made a good show involving giant robots... Yeah, I remember Skyfire. My brother was a TF maniac, even took 'em apart, probably why I have one of the cannons that are attached to Skyfire's arm.

The RID-series Decepticons are actually recolors of the Bruticons(I think that's what they're called), and the Armada Megatron is really different, kinda like a redo of his Generation 2 form.

btw, does anyone know where I could find the "Return of Optimus Prime" two-episode movie? I got the original movie, and I used to have RoOP, but I lost it. Movie is great, even has a Weird Al song!

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Aug 11, 2002, 03:45 PM
They are slowly putting out the G1 series on DVD, so The Return of Optimus Prime will eventually find it's way there.

You will probably never see Megatron's old form again, as it's now not POLITICALLY CORRECT to have a semi-realistic gun toy. :/

... plus the fact the trigger was in a very ...awkward spot in the robot form. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsukishima-Ruriko on 2002-08-11 14:15 ]</font>

Ness
Aug 11, 2002, 03:51 PM
On 2002-08-11 13:45, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
They are slowly putting out the G1 series on DVD, so The Return of Optimus Prime will eventually find it's way there.

You will probably never see Megatron's old form again, as it's not not POLITICALLY CORRECT to have a semi-realistic gun toy. :/

... plus the fact the trigger was in a very ...awkward spot in the robot form. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ha! HA! LOL! Now that I've looked back on it, that's true.

Deathscythealpha
Aug 11, 2002, 03:57 PM
On 2002-08-10 22:44, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:

Gah, i was thinking about this the other day while on my holiday, and was really tempted to make a post about it. Ive still got the 'Macross' style one in my loft, minus an arm as i got it second hand. Im really tempted to go dig it out after watching Macross Plus the other day.

And ive still got the original Megatron figure somewhere to, but that might of got busted too.

Falkon
Aug 11, 2002, 04:43 PM
I have the oooooooooooooold Optimus Prime, but some stupid toddler smashed a lot of it...Stupid toddler...

About he-man, eh, I was never allowed to watch it...

RavenTW
Aug 11, 2002, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I got the old OP, as well as the G2, and the Powermaster version (or Powerchanger, whichever). You know, the one with the human that turns into an engine? I got all of his pieces...somwhere. all I'm missing is 3 guns.

Ness
Aug 11, 2002, 07:10 PM
Macross are pretty cool. I've always liked giant robots.

vashthestampede8480
Aug 13, 2002, 10:03 PM
yeah I heared about that too. SO COOL!

IceBlink
Aug 14, 2002, 09:57 AM
Wait, if I remember, there's two series of He-Man...

1: Stupid haircut
2: Ponytailed

The only thing good about the second series was that Skeletor was hilariously funny (or is it just me who found him funny?). You mean to say there's a third new series coming out? o_O

Oh, as for team-ups... I think in a She-Ra ep, there was a bit where this girl was basically throwing herself over He-Man...

TedEdFred
Aug 14, 2002, 02:35 PM
I saw some of the toys today at the store I work at. Some actually look good.

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Aug 16, 2002, 04:44 PM
CN just finished showing the movie for the first time awhile ago. I liked it. ^_^

Although why they still have that dork Mechaneck around is beyond me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*really likes the new looks of Adam, Teela, and Mat-at-Arms compared to their old looks*

Gryph
Aug 17, 2002, 01:40 AM
Yeah it was pretty cool. Had killer battles.
I can't wait for next friday's movie, Transformers: Armada. Been waiting for that for awhile.

Dangerous55
Aug 17, 2002, 01:47 AM
I had a He-Man action figure, I took him shooting with me one day, he didnt come back. But if you want it just look around Minersville,PA's woods, hes scattered somewhere.

I am waiting for my TMNT series to come back.

OracleDDX
Aug 19, 2002, 07:20 PM
Did anyone besides me have the He-Man action figure with the armor battle damage smack his chest with his ax an then his chest plate is damaged?

This remake better be good unlike the Voltron remake.

Dangerous55
Aug 19, 2002, 07:27 PM
On 2002-08-19 17:20, OracleDDX wrote:
Did anyone besides me have the He-Man action figure with the armor battle damage smack his chest with his ax an then his chest plate is damaged?

Yes, but its no longer with us. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FinalMasterM
Aug 20, 2002, 03:47 AM
On 2002-08-19 17:20, OracleDDX wrote:

I do, I got both He-man and Skeletor, and why have all these remakes of He-Man and Transformers, the originals are the still the best, I mean we get the original G.I.Joes (late yes) but not the goofy "Extream" remake...

Nidarrock
Aug 20, 2002, 09:35 AM
Hasbro is putting out some rereleases of the original Transformers. The first one out is Hot Rod, unfourtunatly they had to change the name. Also keep you eye out for Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus. I think they are only available at Toys R Us. On the topic of the He-Man cartoon, I liked it. Teela was was kicken somemajor butt! Did anyone one notice the voice of He-Man and Prince Adam? It was Liquid Snake. hehe

yashichi
Aug 20, 2002, 01:56 PM
The new He-Man Masters of the Universe movie was AMAZING. Everyone seek out and watch this. I was pleasantly shocked and suprised.

This gives me great hope for the Armada show! The Armada toys are also AMAZING....

-Y

Deathscythealpha
Aug 20, 2002, 03:24 PM
On 2002-08-20 07:35, Nidarrock wrote:
Did anyone one notice the voice of He-Man and Prince Adam? It was Liquid Snake. hehe

He-Man as an evil sounding englishman? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif