PDA

View Full Version : Evil stuff that always seems to happen to me

SquashDemon
Jul 6, 2005, 01:45 AM
hmm...well I dont know if its the lens or the disk or both, but I recently bought a slightly scratched, used PSO episode 1&2 disk after my old one broke, and now its exibiting the same problems my last one did before it fell off a shelf and snapped in half, when I go to the mines map no more than 5 sense after I get there, the black disk read error screen pops up, and I get d/ced, I have a scratch repair kit and a lens cleaner, I use both but no effect, do I need something else? Or am I just not allowed to play episode 1&2?

Ryna
Jul 6, 2005, 06:44 AM
Given the data density on GC discs, even a slight scratch can have catastrophic effects. Have you tried cleaning the lens on your GC? Would it be possible for you to return the scratched copy that you bought?

SquashDemon
Jul 13, 2005, 01:28 AM
nope I bought it secondhand...and I found out what it is...when I enter the "bad" maps that d/c me (mines and Control Center) all I have to do is play a disk to change the music...turns out the music track is corrupt...I tried cleaning the lens and using scratch repair kits...nothing works...all I need to do is hoarde disks...untill I can find a new one that is.