PDA

View Full Version : Oh look! I screwed up! Again!

Neith
Jul 6, 2005, 08:56 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Some of you no doubt remember the disaster that was my hand-in for university. Well as expected, I've been referred for not having enough work. This sucks, as it means I'll likely be franticly working through summer in a vain attempt to get into 2nd year.

I admit my faults though, I didn't work hard enough, and cruised the first 1/2 year, and like 40+ other people, left the work til last minute.

Guess this is just a semi-rant at how I need to organise my time better, and try not to fuck up as much in future, heh.

Now I just need to find out which modules I failed (expecting the worst), and re-do them, either again, or with an entirely new project. If I can't do that, then I'm pulling outta uni, no sense me being there if I can't handle the work....

Bleh.

hyperacute
Jul 6, 2005, 12:24 PM
I'd still advise you to stick at it. If you want to know why, take a walk down your local Select or employment agency of choice and look at the job descriptions (points for every one that doesn't have "administration" in the title) and salaries on offer. Once you've realised that the jobs suck, the salaries are barely liveable and you'll have to put in just as many, if not more hours than you would at Uni to prove you're a "team player", you'll want to put off the wonderful world of work for as long as possible.

I screwed up more than my fair share of exams whils a student, mainly through spending more time with the band/beer/impressionable student girls than I did with the books. Realised partway through my third year that I had no desise to work in engineering either but still went ahead and graduated. If anything, it looks nice on a CV and beats the hell out of working in an office.

Rant about the dire state of the employment market over. Now go back to state sponsored loan sponsored beer drinking...XD

Anubis_
Jul 6, 2005, 02:12 PM
I'd still advise you to stick at it.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 6, 2005, 03:07 PM
Stick at it, dont quit just yet.

I did the same thing last semester, sat on my ass and rushed my project, ballsing everything up and fail. Unluckily for me I was not allowed to redo that coursework, something that has annoyed me ever since. But least now I know not to slack off, and have been working on my Coursework on and off in a lot of my spare time (really should be doing some now).

Re-do some of the stuff over the summer, do it well, hand it in and then re-evaluate how you distribute your Work Time/Fun Time. It is a lot easier to get a job with degrees.

EphekZ
Jul 6, 2005, 10:41 PM
I am the same way, its really hurtful realising it but doing it feels so good until your punishment comes, just set priorities if you have to put away the things that tempt you to do what you arent supposed to.

Neith
Jul 8, 2005, 06:27 AM
Heh, thanks for the encouragement. Just found out my castle model passed (so there is a god..), just a drawing project =O and a Macromedia Flash project I got referred on.

I'm gonna try challenging the drawing mark though. Lecturer said I hadn't done a finalised drawing, when I know for a damn fact I did.

One of the lecturers called me Daniel too. I'm called Darren! FFS, I was in your class for a semester!