PDA

View Full Version : Olympics - Go Brittania!

zimmk2vgc
Jul 6, 2005, 03:10 PM
Don't know if any of you have heard, but London has been chosen as the host for the 2012 olympics.

I think it kind of ironic that two hundred years ago, us Brits beat France in the Battle of trafalgar.
History repeated itself again today and I guess they will never learn. The french just can't beat the good old Brits!

Caecilius
Jul 6, 2005, 03:14 PM
true. Now here's hoping Jacques Chirac stops banging on about how much better the French are than us.

zimmk2vgc
Jul 6, 2005, 03:18 PM
There was this funny cartoon in a newspaper today. All the frogs were evacuating Edinburgh on crutches with onw or two of their legs missing declearing to anther frog "You'd better hide. Chirac's decided there is something he likes to eat over here after all!"

Well I thought it was funny. And the jokes in retaliation to his rude remark yesterday, I would put them up, but I don't know if they would be allowed.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 6, 2005, 04:13 PM
Ah, the qoute that us Brits have 'Strange/Disgusting food'. A wierd thing to say, as foods different everywhere, but we will leave it at that.

But anyway. Yay, go us on the Olympic bid!

TheOneHero
Jul 6, 2005, 04:18 PM
That's nifty.

I must say I was hoping we Americans would get to host them again.

Oh well, congrats Britain. =)

And really, lay off bad mouthing the French. There's no need to rub it in. ;p

Solstis
Jul 6, 2005, 05:37 PM
On 2005-07-06 14:18, TheOneHero wrote:

If there's one thing Americans are good at, it's overbearing hospitality. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zimmk2vgc
Jul 7, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-07-06 15:37, Solstis wrote:

On 2005-07-06 14:18, TheOneHero wrote:

If there's one thing Americans are good at, it's overbearing hospitality. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, look at the hospitality you gave saddam!

zimmk2vgc
Jul 7, 2005, 10:57 AM
Here's a politically motivated one.

From the Daily Mail: How many frenchmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One. Chirac. He holds the bulb and all of Europe revolves around him.