PDA

View Full Version : REsident Evil 0. Originally planed for N64?

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 6, 2005, 11:50 PM
Title says all. Im pretty sure some, or maybe all you resident evil fans out there allready might know this, but RE0 was originally planned for the N64. But, as you might have guessed, was scrapped to be put on the Gamecube. Heres a few Screenshots on the N64 version. Pretty good if you ask me.

http://www.rehorror.net/reHerie/re0_n64.php

Dangerous55
Jul 7, 2005, 12:16 AM
I feel old.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 7, 2005, 02:16 AM
Well, at least it didn't come out on N64!

It would have been $60+ instead of $50.
N64 games were in the $50-$60 range when new.
$40 for Greatest Hits. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Gamecube games are always found at $20(Greatest hits-even lower when on sale) or $30-50.

It did look pretty good in EGM when month by month they updated with new screenshots. Was looking forward to it, on N64. Heh.

End of a system's life cycle so they decided to up it to the new system. No fault with them there. Wasn't a big loss right?

Deathscythealpha
Jul 7, 2005, 03:55 AM
Ah, I remember all the supposed 'Resident Evil 0 Demo' cheats for Resi2 64. Examine a bus seat 100 hundred times to be warped to the train and battle loads of Zombies!

SetaSoujiro
Jul 8, 2005, 09:30 PM
I guess I could consider myself a pretty big Resident Evil fan. (My uncle got me hooked on it when I was seven!) Ummm..... if anyone would like to know the whole story I'd be glad to TYPE the whole thing out for you! (Just be sure to grab a GIANT slushie and wait for a few hours.) Or you could just leave and come back the next day!

Skorpius
Jul 8, 2005, 09:39 PM
Resident Evil 0 and Eternal Darkness were planned for the N64. They were both pushed back and released on Gamecube shortly after the system's launch.

Outrider
Jul 10, 2005, 10:20 PM
On 2005-07-08 19:39, Skorpius wrote:
Resident Evil 0 and Eternal Darkness were planned for the N64. They were both pushed back and released on Gamecube shortly after the system's launch.

Don't forget Dinosaur Planet.

On 2005-07-08 19:30, SetaSoujiro wrote:
I guess I could consider myself a pretty big Resident Evil fan. (My uncle got me hooked on it when I was seven!) Ummm..... if anyone would like to know the whole story I'd be glad to TYPE the whole thing out for you! (Just be sure to grab a GIANT slushie and wait for a few hours.) Or you could just leave and come back the next day!

Or they could just go to the Resident Evil 0 FAQ page on GameFAQs and read TWilde's Resident Evil Plot Analysis. It's well-written, covers all the games but the most recent Outbreak title with detailed summaries, has some sound theories and speculation that really make you think, and is funny to boot.

Sure it's lengthy, but as a RE fan, I'd say it's definitely worth it.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 11, 2005, 07:37 AM
On 2005-07-10 20:20, Outrider wrote:

I was trying really hard to forget that game.

Outrider
Jul 11, 2005, 06:52 PM
On 2005-07-11 05:37, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2005-07-10 20:20, Outrider wrote:

I was trying really hard to forget that game.

Oh, c'mon... it wasn't that bad. At least it expanded the Star Fox universe a bit more, right?

Deathscythealpha
Jul 11, 2005, 07:16 PM
Well, expanded the Dinosaur Planet part of it. Bad voice acting, poor goals, Bad voice acting, annoying puzzles and Bad Voice Acting really killed what could have been a fantastic game. Rare did not need to slap the Starfox branding all over the game to sell it, the sheep buy for the Rare name alone at the minute. It just seemed so forced. And Prince Tricky...RARGH!

But back to Resi0 64. Really wouldnt mind having a play around on the builds they had of the game, just to see how different it was to the final product. I always remember the colours seemed to be much brighter on the promo 64 shots, but this may have been due to the brightness of Rebecca's uniform (lots of white).

Outrider
Jul 11, 2005, 07:54 PM
On 2005-07-11 17:16, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Rare did not need to slap the Starfox branding all over the game to sell it,

To be fair, that was Miyamoto who original suggested it, and popular belief is that Nintendo made them do it.

But back to Resi0 64. Really wouldnt mind having a play around on the builds they had of the game, just to see how different it was to the final product. I always remember the colours seemed to be much brighter on the promo 64 shots, but this may have been due to the brightness of Rebecca's uniform (lots of white).

Well, if you go back and look at the original RE games, they were a lot brighter than the more recent games. They've just made them progressively darker, which I think has worked for the games.