PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: US BB July Schedule/Server Maintenence

Neith
Jul 7, 2005, 08:04 AM
http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=16451

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=16452

Some announcements there, straight from Clumsyorchid.

shinobu_seta
Jul 7, 2005, 08:31 AM
Ugh....so many haters on that forum -_-

Thanks for the update though, this is good to know.

Sef
Jul 7, 2005, 10:56 AM
On 2005-07-07 06:31, shinobu_seta wrote:
Ugh....so many haters on that forum -_-

Some people just can't be happy and patient. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'm hoping Ultimate will really be something though. That way when they actually do get there, it's a challenge. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Skorpius
Jul 7, 2005, 11:01 AM
A lot of people do nothing but play PSO with all of their free time. They progress at a high rate, and set themselves up for disappointment when the release schedual doesn't fit with their current rate of leveling.

It really sucks that the majority of players are hypocrites, too, since represenatives for Sonic Team (US) seem to be listening and have changed things according to feedback.

Neith
Jul 7, 2005, 11:12 AM
I agree there are a lot of whiners on that forum, but I think in this instance, what we're getting this month is a bit of a joke. Even if they could just release the first couple of Ep1 c-mode stages, or Gallon's Shop, it'd be a lot better.

Good to see that Clumsy is trying to get more released this month, I appreciate that.

I guess this gives me time to power-level my HUnewearl >_>

Rageous
Jul 7, 2005, 11:21 AM
i agree with skorp
some people need to realize that this game has ventured into the pc mmo realm where things move a little more slowly but with greater quality(most of the time). If ST gave everything at the start, then some people would get all of it done, if they play a lot, then have nothing to do. They are doing fine right now, theres v101, star cuirass and heavenly/arms to be dropped for me before i even consider going into ult ep1 for milla.

zimmk2vgc
Jul 7, 2005, 11:51 AM
What relation does Clumsyorchid have with the PSOBB team if he's getting all this info? Or is he just reading out of a magazine http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Skorpius
Jul 7, 2005, 12:06 PM
Clumsy is a GM on BB, and is part of the ENG BB team. ;

And, what we're getting this month is Ep4 quests, and 4 Ep1 quests. How is that not enough? Just because you dislike the quests doesn't mean that it isn't a lot. I happen to enjoy Mop Ups, they're very fun.

Rydius
Jul 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hey, it's better than nothing. People really need to stop complaining all the time.

I for one look forward to trying out some of the new Ep4 quests.

Cahill
Jul 7, 2005, 12:35 PM
I gotta disagree. This is not a new "venture" into the PC realm. It's not an entirely new title where fresh content is constantly being developed or expanded. It is in essence a 5 year old game with completed content being trickled out to many of us who have been playing the missing aspects for years. Trickled out for what? I myself, am especially peeved at the complete lack of Ultimate. Others I know are disappointed about no C-mode. I think people are looking for the fundamentals that were already there and simply aren't now.

I can understand those that say "It'll come eventually, I'll bide my time" and that's cool. I don't however understand those that try to piss on anyone who's upset at the current BB setup. So what if YOU have Vhard items to find? That negates other players desire to hunt rares in a difficulty that has already been around for YEARS? VHard would still be there. New players could still run Normal. Not like Ultimate is going to take any one elses levels away. Everyone could still go hunt in whatever difficulty they'd like. Meanwhile those that would rather be in Ultimate and hunt their items could as well. It's a joke to me. Mind you, I'm not whining (as some would think), just sharing my views on BB. I have other issues with the game as well that just make the whole thing feel like a giant, unfinished step backwards... TO ME.

I have always enjoyed PSO. I sincerely expected to love BB when I switched a couple weeks ago. I find myself disappointed in the way that this one is being delivered, some of the inherent changes that were made and as such simply won't play it for now. No biggie. I'll stick with the Xbox version if I get a desire to play the game. I'll keep an eye on things in BB land (as I know some great people that are still playing it) and if something peaks my interest I'll give it another shot at a later date. I just can't see paying for BB currently and totally understand some of the complaints that are being voiced. Granted, some are just bitching to bitch as is always the case but I think others are just voicing what I see as their frustrations with missing aspects of the game that they enjoy.

Sitka
Jul 7, 2005, 02:06 PM
I understand what you're feeling about this game, Mr. Cahill. Your comments are very much in line with IanKunx' thoughts and many others.

I have a slightly different take on this though.

I first discovered PSO on Dreamcast. It was probably the third title for that system I bought after the stupid Ecco the Dolphin and the Sonic game. I played my first character, an Oran Hucast up to level 100 and then started a fonewm and later a fonewearl. I moved on to version 2 and played a bit more before setting the game aside. This was all offline.

Next, whilst browsing my local EB, found a version of the GC PSO and started playing it offline. I played a pinkal fonewearl into the 100's and again played a bit with a hucast and a fonewm before getting bored and putting the game aside.

Then I rediscovered PSO on xbox and this time got really hooked. Live chat, discovering online play, learning challenge mode, Towers, PW, MA all the seasonal quests - I had a blast and finally learned how to play all the classes reasonably well, playing all classes into ultimate, seven classes past lvl 150 and, of course, my first lvl 200 char. I got so hooked on PSO and challenge mode I eventually got a JP version of the GC PSO and then the Plus version so I could play with the GC folks and on the JP servers.

But the downside to all that was the cheating, duping, hacking, stacking, trolling and, to be honest, the phenomenally large egos of some of the players. After a bit, even the xbox game grew a bit stale.

I started looking at USABB pretty critically and really didn't have any intention of trying it. But, a few PM's to guys like Johnathon and others who had been playing the JP version convinced me to give it a try.

So, I have a bit of history with this game - not as much as some, but more than quite a few others.

I'm not as dissappointed with the lack of ultimate as some are because I am trying to level 4 chars simultaneously, raise mags, grab items in specific ids for other chars and learn Episode 4.

Perhaps the single greatest issue I have with the BB version of the game is the transfer items issue. Having to call on others to transfer and then having some of your items turn into dc boxes - well - it really sucks. I'm hoping they do something with Rico's call for a Central Bank to help us out with this.

There are some other issues of course, but on the other side, Clumsy is doing a reasonably good job of keeping us informed, the cheating has been kept down and the online community is pretty strong. We have new updates coming and the anticipation of much, much more to come. I'm rediscovering the value of specials like Hell and Demon's, learning the value of a Gush Raygun all over again and finding how great a Club of Laconium is in the hands of a fonewearl.

I've made some new PSO friends, gotten to know and appreciate people like Notos and T1K a bit more and learned much more about the game then I had before.

But what really turned it around was yesterday. I'm on 9-4 hunting Yunchang for the umpteenth time without success. Suddenly, a green zu shows up. Cool - a pazuzu. Of course it drops a difluid and as I'm cussing my luck out and breaking boxes with my truly valued Last Survivor, a red box.

HEAVENLY ARMS

A new episode 4 rare that I had only heard about. Huge boost in ATA - so good for my Hucast.

That small smackeral from ep 4 kept up my motivation to keep up the hunt. So, like your epic hunt for the Meteor Cudgel with hit, I'm on the Yunchang hunt.... and then the next one...and so on.

I've been getting quite a bit of mail from my old friends on xbox complaining about missing quests Sega abandoning xbox. Well....it's BB that has their attention now.

So, like it or not, taking the good with the bad, it's PSOBB that I'm playing, leveling, hunting, challenging, questing, teaming - all the things that PSO is about.

I respect your concerns and decision to not continue. I wish you well. Look me up if you decide to come back at some point - or we'll see you when PSU launches.

MT7218
Jul 7, 2005, 05:56 PM
Rar. The links don't work for me and the BB fourms in general won't load for me. What are the announcements for what dates?

GyroidFanatic
Jul 7, 2005, 06:30 PM
The boards are down for maintnance.

Early July - Mop Up 1-4
Late July - 9-5 - 9-8

Don't have the exact dates, sorry. Clumsyorchid (sp?) also noted that he is trying to get Sega to release more stuff.

Neith
Jul 7, 2005, 06:30 PM
July 12- Mop Up1/2/3/4

July 26- Next area of Episode 4 (Subterranean Desert?)

Fixed a typo in the dates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2005-07-07 16:33 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 7, 2005, 08:04 PM
On 2005-07-07 16:30, UrikoBB3 wrote:
July 26- Next area of Episode 4 (Subterranean Desert?)

They're whining, and they're finishing up Episode 4.

Yeah, they're definately not getting enough http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

GyroidFanatic
Jul 7, 2005, 08:20 PM
The fact that it took then a month and there's still no mention of non-quest play? I'm sure people wouldn't be wining as much if it was 2 per week like the Japanese version, since we'd at least have something new every week.

Hrith
Jul 8, 2005, 01:26 AM
I'm extremely disappointed in the lack of c-mode, I'd rather have c-mode than the rest of Ep4 or some stupid Ep1 quests I've played a hundred times each.

As usual ST is having a terrible marketing, well, their loss.

Skorpius
Jul 8, 2005, 10:48 AM
When was C-mode released for GC?

Hrith
Jul 8, 2005, 01:12 PM
ep1 c-mode was already there when I bought the game.

Ryna
Jul 8, 2005, 03:21 PM
On 2005-07-08 08:48, Skorpius wrote:
When was C-mode released for GC?

Here are the approximate dates of when the final stages were released:

Episode 1: February/March 2003 (US had e1c1 at launch)

Episode 2: May/June 2004

Sitka
Jul 8, 2005, 11:29 PM
This is a private mail from a good friend on xbox:

"All the VR Quest are gone (like TTF and TTF)
Endless Nightmare 3 and 4, is gone.
Episode 2 Challenge Mode is gone...
And by gone I mean not there... not anywhere, missing...

... its gone and Sega claims it has nothing to do with the
Xbox version of PSO ( infact if you look on Sega's site they do not
even list PSOX as a game for the Xbox)... After another phone call to
Xbox to complain, I get the feeling that there is not enough interest
in PSOX that the game really does not concern Xbox because of that
fact... "

It's what I've been saying, good and bad, like it or not, the attention is all on BB right now - or at least until PSU launches.

(says final goodbye to Sitka Blue D and all his xbox chars/items).

bertcruser
Jul 14, 2005, 01:34 PM
As if people don't have other games they can be playing right now while they wait, spoiled children. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif