PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crashes

XenOmega
Jul 7, 2005, 10:02 AM
My Computer Crashes when ever I play a Game on my Computer. This means I cannot play BlueBurst..... I have downloaded AntiVirus Programs, and Spryware Programs. But I really wanna play BB. I have checked on the internet, and Have found out it could be due to:-

The Computer is To Hot
'Bug' In my Computer
Or Something is Wrong with the Graphics Card.... But I have only Had my Computer for 7 Months..... If anyon can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Ketchup345
Jul 7, 2005, 10:08 AM
Do you get any error messages?
What is the Video Card?
How much RAM and Video RAM do you have?
Do you have dedicated Video RAM?
What (Spyware search and anti-virus) programs did you download and use?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-07-07 08:09 ]</font>

XenOmega
Jul 7, 2005, 10:13 AM
Do you get any error messages = No, It Just Crashes, Like a FSOD, but with no sound.

What is the Video Card = NVIDIA GeForce MX 440

How much RAM = 512MB

Do you have dedicated Video RAM = No, Is that bad? If so Where can i get one?

What (Spyware search and anti-virus) programs did you download and use =

Spyware - Microsoft AntiSpyware.
AntiVirus - Norton

Ketchup345
Jul 7, 2005, 10:36 AM
I did a quick Google search, and the Video Card does have its own RAM.

For Spyware:
Try Spybot Search and Destory and Ad-Aware.

For Anti-Virus:
There are some free online scaners; and AVG has a free version (updated nearly daily).

XenOmega
Jul 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
Got the Spy and Ad ware thing. But confused about the AntiVirus. I am on the site, but there is no Free scan.

Ketchup345
Jul 7, 2005, 10:55 AM
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1/lng/us/tpl/v5

And try to be sure that you are the only person logged on when starting the game up, and you have no unnecessary processes or any applications running.

Also, what OS are you using; and does this happen with all games, or just BB?

XenOmega
Jul 7, 2005, 11:55 AM
OS? And it happens with all games, Flashes, anything animated.

Ketchup345
Jul 7, 2005, 12:07 PM
On 2005-07-07 09:55, XenOmega wrote:

OS= Operating System. I'm guessing Windows. There is a very small chance you are on Mac OS, Linux, *BSD, or some other though (highly doubtful though).

Do you have the newest drivers for your video card?
Is this problem new?
What kind(s) of cooling devices are in your computer? (Fan[s], heat synch, water cooling, etc.)

XenOmega
Jul 7, 2005, 12:24 PM
On 2005-07-07 10:07, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2005-07-07 09:55, XenOmega wrote:

OS= Operating System. I'm guessing Windows. There is a very small chance you are on Mac OS, Linux, *BSD, or some other though (highly doubtful though).

Do you have the newest drivers for your video card?
Is this problem new?
What kind(s) of cooling devices are in your computer? (Fan[s], heat synch, water cooling, etc.)

OS= Windows XP

Do you have the newest drivers for your video card = Not sure, Would i have to buy them and have them installed into the PC itself if not?

Is this problem new = I have had it for a while now.

What kind(s) of cooling devices are in your computer? (Fan[s], heat synch, water cooling, etc) = 2 Fans

Dek
Jul 7, 2005, 08:14 PM
If it is a problem with your video card, downloading the drivers (which are free of any charge) from the manufacturer's site (ATI/nVidia/whoever else makes video cards) should fix the problem.

XenOmega
Jul 8, 2005, 07:16 AM
Downloaded the Drivers, Restarted my computer, But it still Froze....... Do I have to do anything to the drivers?