PDA

View Full Version : confused........ hp better than def?

Longtime_play
Jul 8, 2005, 07:58 AM
Right i was doing v hard ruins with my level 65 FOnewearl and i got to dark falz. i equippd my 4slot frame with all body units, and one hp. ( 2 metal bodies, one dragon hp, and one general body). i got to falz's last form and she killed me in one with grants and that slap attack. i then tried something to see if it worked. i equipped my frame with fragon hp, and 3 general hp.
Isurvived the above attacks by 20hp or so.

When i beat her i looked back at this and worked out that the stars on the body slots were higher than the stars of the hp slots, yet i beat her with the hp ones.

If anyone can tell me why i would be grateful.

i'll only be using hp slots from now on..........

TheOneHero
Jul 8, 2005, 08:06 AM
Falz has no physical attacks.

So equiping body units is kinda useless. =/

Besides, a good deal of his attacks are 'fixed damage' meaning no matter what, it will always do a certain amount of damage. So HP is the way to go.

(And a few other enemies in PSO have fixed damage too)

Myself, the equation is: HP > DEF. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dragon_Knight
Jul 8, 2005, 08:09 AM
Well all of DFs attacks are purely hp choppers. They do one set damage per difficulty, DEF is useless even against his slash attack. So when fighting falz...or Olga for that matter, buff up your HP as high as you can. Typicaly if you can survive most of his attacks you can win.

Longtime_play
Jul 8, 2005, 08:21 AM
On 2005-07-08 06:06, TheOneHero wrote:
Falz has no physical attacks.

ah that'll be it then........(feeling stupid)

although i would have thought that the slap attack is physical but, meh.

Jason
Jul 8, 2005, 08:26 AM
HP > DEF http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Actually... in my opinion: All other stats > DEF http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ryna
Jul 8, 2005, 08:56 AM
Also keep in mind that his Rabarta/Rafoie/Grants/Megid does elemental damage, so it important to raise the appropriate resistances on your character.

Longtime_play
Jul 8, 2005, 01:15 PM
On 2005-07-08 06:56, Ryna wrote:
Also keep in mind that his Rabarta/Rafoie/Grants/Megid does elemental damage, so it important to raise the appropriate resistances on your character.

How do you mean by that?
Do you mean equipping a resist/something to his frame or......

Fanta
Jul 8, 2005, 01:28 PM
Yes, only bother with the Megid.
Resist/Devil for Megid. I have Both Belsaber Equipment so my EDK is quite high but to survive Ob Lilies Megid I need to equip 2 Resist/Devil.

Ryna
Jul 8, 2005, 02:27 PM
On 2005-07-08 11:28, Fanta wrote:
Yes, only bother with the Megid.
Resist/Devil for Megid. I have Both Belsaber Equipment so my EDK is quite high but to survive Ob Lilies Megid I need to equip 2 Resist/Devil.

I am talking about the Megid that Dark Falz casts, not Ob Lilys. >.>;

Anyways, Megid is the least of your concerns on Falz, it is very easy to avoid. The killers are Rabarta, Rafoie, and Grants. You should equip the appropriate units to prepare yourself for the battle.

Fanta
Jul 8, 2005, 02:55 PM
I was just saying my EDK was high and to survive Ob Lilies I need to add 2 Resist/Devil, I knew you were talking about Falz...but he is harder than an Ob Lily...right?? lol

Kaio666
Jul 8, 2005, 04:27 PM
yeah. but as said before megid is easily avoided on ultimate falz. i had 3 super resists in my slots which made his rafoie and other basic attacks do barely any damage (my defences for those were around 50) and my ligt resist was about 40 and his grants did so little i actually laughed when i first saw it. so as stated before worry about his other spells.

Nohra
Jul 8, 2005, 04:43 PM
*facepalms*

Okay, lemme break it down for you real quick.

SOME bosses do physical damage (i.e., DRL and his tentacles).
SOME bosses do fixed damage (i.e., Vol Opt and his missiles).
ALL bosses (excepting the worms) do AT LEAST one form of elemental damage (Dragon's breath, Vol Opt's pillars, Falz's Grants, Divine Punishment, and Megid, Gryphon's lightning attack).

In SOME cases, such as powerful single attacks, like Falz's swipe, more HP is better. In OTHER cases, like against Baranz or Recons, more HP is a very, very bad thing. Baranz's missiles do fixed damage at around 250, and any character with 1000+ HP will not be knocked down by them. Online, with no hit invincibility (the temporarily invulnerability you get after being hit offline), sixteen of those coming at you are pretty much instantly fatal.

By "4 slot frame" I assume you meant a basic Frame, which has next to nothing for resists. That would be one of your major problems right there. The higher level armors (50+) generally have 15 or 20 for EDK and ELT, and a good number of rare armors have 20 for both, or better.

One thing to keep in mind about defense: Deband bonuses are applied only to your actual DFP. My RAcast has 500 something DFP, and gets over 1200 DFP after armor with only Deband 21. With a good Force providing Deband 30 and Jellen 30, he's pretty much invincible to normal attacks.

Jason
Jul 8, 2005, 10:10 PM
On 2005-07-08 14:43, Nohra wrote:
With a good Force providing Deband 30 and Jellen 30, he's pretty much invincible to normal attacks.

Or a group of 4 gathered their PB's with one having Mylla & Youlla, which makes beyond Lv 30 Deband (and Shifta, but DFP is the point here). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Genoa
Jul 9, 2005, 01:37 AM
All DF attacks are set damage, the slap attack is psyical... yet because it's damage is set, the DFP is still useless. Only Shifta and Zalure count, and yes... you can lower Falz's DFP. Now DF's Techniques... those can be altered by Resistence values... but the attacks such as Heaven Punishment, The Slap, Darvants (z0mg those Darvants >_>), the Gush attack, etc... those are the ones that are Set Damage >_> So... for ultimate... plan to have 1000+ HP, I belive you need over 800 something in order to survive most of his attacks, but... I'd feel safer with 1000 something >_>

KageRyuushin
Jul 9, 2005, 03:49 AM
in very hard Dark Falz's last form causes 390dmg with the slap and it depends with grants. Since you are a force HP is very important since defense is useless in this fight.

Fanta
Jul 9, 2005, 03:50 AM
1k HP damn, I got to Ult during last week and I dont even have 800 (786 to be exact). I got to Ult Ruins at Lv 101, leveling up after killing VOv2...I couldnt be bothered taking the time to do it prior to that.
I also have 682 TP (40 Mind on MAG, which will soon disappear)

KageRyuushin
Jul 9, 2005, 03:57 AM
If I remember right ultimate Falz's causes 690 set damage with either Heavens Punishment or his slap attack but Im leaning toward the Heavens Punishment attack. For the second form it would be best to wear a Cure/Freeze because of the flower things that come out after the rabarta and being frozen+the spinning flower things = insta death.

Genoa
Jul 9, 2005, 10:36 PM
yup, 2nd form is the hardest. Rabarta will destroy you... even if you have cure/freeze, if your HP isn't high enough... or if you EIC is low, the Rabarta chain will rip you to shreds. Well atleast when online... because online there isn't that brief invulnerability after taking a hit... so the whole chain of Rabartas will pounce you >_>. So even if you can't die from the Rabarta chain, if you survive but are frozen from that... the Darvents will destroy you... 3 striking you at once... 3x the damage... your toast. I have cure/freeze and all... but the Rabarta seems to kill me alot >_> and i'm wearing like... DF Field and Tripolic Shield, so my Resistences aren't 1/2 bad in the 1st place. I think I have 1100 something HP too... DF in my opinion is harder than Olga Flow... but getting to Olga Flow is harder than getting to DF... (again, in my opinion)

Zarbolord
Jul 10, 2005, 08:08 AM
Sounds interesting, I can't have my own REAL opinion on it since I haven't even reached dark falz in normal (ok, laugh, just played for 4 weeks...), but here's the summary of what is best:
- Use armour that has high spell resistance
- Equip HP enhancers (dragon hp, etc..)
- Also equip resistances against his spells (such as Rabarta, Rafoie).

A question... does he use Razonde?

Garm
Jul 10, 2005, 09:13 AM
On 2005-07-10 06:08, Zarbolord wrote:
A question... does he use Razonde?

No, and be very happy for that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zarbolord
Jul 11, 2005, 05:04 AM
Oh I'm happy! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Vol Opt really put my nerves to madness qwith his zond attacks!
The only good thing about an enemy using zonde is that it makes me go so crazy to unleash power and strategy really fast...

Dana
Jul 11, 2005, 06:59 AM
On 2005-07-08 20:10, Jason wrote:

Or a group of 4 gathered their PB's with one having Mylla & Youlla, which makes beyond Lv 30 Deband (and Shifta, but DFP is the point here). http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

yup, i have seen RAmarl(¬_¬Dana) with 2000 Defence aftera mighty 4way PB/chain

Longtime_play
Jul 14, 2005, 05:23 PM
I have never understood the PB bonus thing, could someone explain? Thanks

Ryna
Jul 14, 2005, 05:44 PM
On 2005-07-14 15:23, Longtime_play wrote:
I have never understood the PB bonus thing, could someone explain? Thanks

Look at this:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=877

EphekZ
Jul 14, 2005, 08:56 PM
well Toh Falz does have physical attacks his swipe thingy isnt that physical >_>

and I think the ideal slots are about 2 dragon/hp's and two Resist/(the highest light resistance I have only found resist/saints whihc work fine.)

Nohra
Jul 15, 2005, 04:16 PM
On 2005-07-11 04:59, Dana_ranger wrote:

On 2005-07-08 20:10, Jason wrote:

yup, i have seen RAmarl(?_?Dana) with 2000 Defence aftera mighty 4way PB/chain

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=100718&forum=6
Temporary until/if the mods update VM's guide.

Four players with 200 synch each in a twins PB = Lv81 SD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nohra on 2005-07-15 14:18 ]</font>

Saffran
Jul 15, 2005, 05:23 PM
That's where those Attribute plate and walls start looking savvy.

Longtime_play
Jul 18, 2005, 08:48 AM
just read that link and it is pretty cool. i knew you could do stuff like that just had no idea on how to do it.
thanks

chaos89
Jul 18, 2005, 08:07 PM
dark falz attacks with magic so epuip stuff that raise your magic resistance instead of equiping metalbodys

Longtime_play
Jul 19, 2005, 05:26 AM
yeah ive done it now thanks for all the advise but the discussion was going further. I have another question:

if you had 4 general bodies equipped, and you let, say, a barble attack you. Would that be as benificial as having 4 general hp equipped?