PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Section ID for Hunters

Assmuffin
Jul 8, 2005, 08:39 PM
I'm new to Blue Burst but I've played PSO on DC awhile back. I wanted to start up a Hunter but I wanted to know what section ID you would suggest for a Hunter. I'd want to go Saber/Double Saber/Katana, prolly end up staying away from Daggers/Twin Sword.

I wanna know what section ID would be good for how things are currently, like without Ultimate being released. Thanks for your help.

Dhylec
Jul 8, 2005, 08:52 PM
see http://www.pso-world.com/item_findings.php
& pick an id that best matches your desire?

Assmuffin
Jul 8, 2005, 09:51 PM
should i go by what it says under DC&PC. I'm almost positive that's what I should use, just want to double check.

i guess i gotta all jus not look at the ultimate drops since ultimates not out for blue burst yet.

Skorpius
Jul 8, 2005, 10:33 PM
On 2005-07-08 18:39, Assmuffin wrote:
I'm new to Blue Burst but I've played PSO on DC awhile back. I wanted to start up a Hunter but I wanted to know what section ID you would suggest for a Hunter. I'd want to go Saber/Double Saber/Katana, prolly end up staying away from Daggers/Twin Sword.

I wanna know what section ID would be good for how things are currently, like without Ultimate being released. Thanks for your help.

Purplenum finds a large number of Agitos, as well as Kamui. Viridia finds other Katanas (Sange, Yasha, Yamigarasu), and Pinkal has a great Agito 1975 for Orotiagito.

A lot of players dislike all other Pinkal drops, and would probably suggest Viridia, but Purplenum isn't bad either.

Assmuffin
Jul 8, 2005, 11:04 PM
how about stuff like double sabers? example cutlery/twin brand, any of the other ones.

i tried lookin through the database and it hurts my brain to read them ...lol

Tycho
Jul 9, 2005, 03:39 AM
Here (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/EquipmentComparison.html) is a guide that compares all stats and abilities of all weapons, including Double Sabers and Katana.
Some good ones are S-rank Twin, Demolition Comet (shaddup Kef http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), Double Cannon, Vivienne (only one currently obtainable in BB but female-only), and Black King Bar.
You could use these two (1 (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/ItemHunting.html), 2 (http://www.tychopso.oddigytitanium.com/Dropcharts.html)) guides to find out how to get the items you want.

Hrith
Jul 9, 2005, 05:29 AM
Twin Blaze, Meteor Cudgel and Partisan of Lightning are also excellent double sabers, do not forget them.

Rubius-sama
Jul 9, 2005, 05:51 AM
On 2005-07-08 19:51, Assmuffin wrote:
should i go by what it says under DC&PC. I'm almost positive that's what I should use, just want to double check.

No, go with GC and Xbox. That's what blue burst uses.

Assmuffin
Jul 9, 2005, 07:03 AM
On 2005-07-09 03:51, Rubius-sama wrote:

On 2005-07-08 19:51, Assmuffin wrote:

No, go with GC and Xbox. That's what blue burst uses.

well than that screws w/ my findings so far. i need to know about the stuff that obtainable in BB right now. i can still get double saber/stag right?

Ryna
Jul 9, 2005, 01:01 PM
On 2005-07-09 05:03, Assmuffin wrote:
well than that screws w/ my findings so far. i need to know about the stuff that obtainable in BB right now. i can still get double saber/stag right?

Look at the GC/PSOX drop charts, they are the same for BB.

As for your question, you can find the Double Saber/Stag Cutlery right now. Just go to the item database to see where the pop up on Very Hard mode.

Neith
Jul 9, 2005, 03:15 PM
In my time as a Skyly player, I found it to be a nice twin-saber ID... if you still need to consider an ID, I'd take a quick look at it.

Notable Twin Sabers: (drop rates might be slightly out, this is from memory)
Monkey King Bar (Ult Mericarol, 1/394)
Twin Blaze (Ult Morfos, 1/788)
Demolition Comet (Ult Pouilly Slime (red), 1/2)
Meteor Cudgel (Ult Dark Bringer, 1/358)
Vivienne (Ult Pazuzu, 1/21)
Twin Brand (Ult Barba Ray, 1/8?)
Partisan of Lightning (Ult Gibbles, 1/394)

You do of course get the Double Saber and Stag too. There are easier drops for some of these (redria/bluefull Ep1 Mil for Demo Comet etc..), but Skyly seems to find a alot of this weapon type.

Of course, check the other items and other IDs first.

Assmuffin
Jul 9, 2005, 08:49 PM
On 2005-07-09 13:15, UrikoBB3 wrote:
In my time as a Skyly player, I found it to be a nice twin-saber ID... if you still need to consider an ID, I'd take a quick look at it.

Notable Twin Sabers: (drop rates might be slightly out, this is from memory)
Monkey King Bar (Ult Mericarol, 1/394)
Twin Blaze (Ult Morfos, 1/788)
Demolition Comet (Ult Pouilly Slime (red), 1/2)
Meteor Cudgel (Ult Dark Bringer, 1/358)
Vivienne (Ult Pazuzu, 1/21)
Twin Brand (Ult Barba Ray, 1/8?)
Partisan of Lightning (Ult Gibbles, 1/394)

You do of course get the Double Saber and Stag too. There are easier drops for some of these (redria/bluefull Ep1 Mil for Demo Comet etc..), but Skyly seems to find a alot of this weapon type.

Of course, check the other items and other IDs first.

The problem with all of those is of course that Ultimate isn't out for Blue Burst yet or else Skyly would make a lot of sense. I guess now I'll look up under GC+XBox and see what drops in Hard/VHard.

Hrith
Jul 10, 2005, 02:49 AM
The best non-Ep4 double saber in very hard is Stag Cutlery.

Vivienne drops in VH, too, the rate is 1/22, not 1/21, but female only.

If you want a good 6-hit weapon in Hard/Very Hard, hunt P-Amrs's Blade in Hard Yellowboze Cave (quest 3-3), this weapon pwns all other double saber available right now.

there's always Yamato

Assmuffin
Jul 10, 2005, 08:20 AM
I just got the Delsaber set. How long do you think that'll be useful? Is it good up until VHard or should I line up another item before I start my HU?

Looks like I should think about using single weapons/daggers since the cutlery has really low ATP compared to the sabers/daggers.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 11, 2005, 07:29 AM
On 2005-07-10 06:20, Assmuffin wrote:

Looks like I should think about using single weapons/daggers since the cutlery has really low ATP compared to the sabers/daggers.

Not really.
Consider that the Stag Cutlery is a 6 hit weapon compared to the saber types, and ATA consideration compared to dagger types.

But its all relative to your playing style regardless.

Not everything is about numbers/stats/charts. If you're not good with a doublesaber type and better with daggers, then that's how you should lean towards playing.

Also what weapons are better on which enemies and their attack patterns for you.

And yes, Delsaber's set is plenty enough if you have a bit of ATA to go along with it when you delve further into Hard/Vhard. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Assmuffin
Jul 11, 2005, 03:27 PM
this'll be my first hunter. so far i'm having a great deal of fun. i like the idea of getting hit by the enemy and not falling down.

i'll post how i end up liking the double saber. looks like i'll be able to use it in about 15 levels or so. also let you know about the delsaber set although the shield requires level 41 to use http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

i also decided on skyly with a good outlook for ultimate mode.