PDA

View Full Version : can i play a second hand DC v2 online with a...

mikev2
Aug 10, 2002, 08:50 AM
My DC has failed and melted inside alone with it my V2 game nowi have a new DC well second hand it has never been used for PSO but the game shop said i should buy a brand new pso v2 not aused one (even tho they had 3 on the shelf) because i wont be able to get online with it.
they said the serial number is already in use etc. i dont know for sure if this is true i have only ever used the Japan PSO's and when i had them my DC was new too.
so i never had this problem come up. can any one hsed some light on this thx in advance

s_j15
Aug 10, 2002, 09:04 AM
Ok I hope I am understanding you right, your DC died, and you bought a new one and wanna play ur old v2 on it? Ok i tried this with my friend along time ago, and uhhm it doesnt work, cuz then you go online and it says that serial is already in use and all that good stuff, then youd have ta call sega reset numbers and yada yada yada, I think you should jus buy a new v2...

Shadow_Blade
Aug 10, 2002, 09:19 AM
On 2002-08-10 07:04, s_j15 wrote:
Ok I hope I am understanding you right, your DC died, and you bought a new one and wanna play ur old v2 on it? Ok i tried this with my friend along time ago, and uhhm it doesnt work, cuz then you go online and it says that serial is already in use and all that good stuff, then youd have ta call sega reset numbers and yada yada yada, I think you should jus buy a new v2...

No, you SHOULD call sega and do all that yada yada yada. Why start at lv 1 when you have a lv 120+ char.

s_j15
Aug 10, 2002, 09:33 AM
The last time I called Sega and do the yada yada yada, they said they couldnt do it for me at all, beins that my DC had died (its what I told them it jus my friends DC) and they told me to not call back asking to reset the serials again (then i disguised my voice and changed my name, and they still knew who I was)...lol

mikev2
Aug 10, 2002, 04:47 PM
thx but my V2 is also no good i have found shop with 3 in stock pre-owed tho and he said if the person has already used them b4 i would not be able to get online with them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

watashiwa
Aug 10, 2002, 04:58 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! How in the fuck did you melt the inside of your Dreamcast along with your version 2 CD? I just don't understand how that's possible! O_o;;;

The things that happen with people, I swear, it's mind boggling. >.>

My head hurts.

sonicblue
Aug 10, 2002, 05:16 PM
On 2002-08-10 14:58, watashiwa wrote:
OH MY GOD!!!!! How in the fuck did you melt the inside of your Dreamcast along with your version 2 CD? I just don't understand how that's possible! O_o;;;

The things that happen with people, I swear, it's mind boggling. >.>

My head hurts.

Meh, I just assumed that he was exaggerating. It probably just died from being overheated like mine did. :|

Wewt
Aug 11, 2002, 08:56 AM
mikev2, you're on JP v2. You just have to put your old dricas info into your new Dreamcast and that's it. You might need to flash reset it though.