PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you CollectCorp

navci
Jul 12, 2005, 01:38 PM
This is the story I am sure I have complained about, multiple times.

There are always phone calls for Douglas, who prolly owe people a lot of money. Amoung all the callers, CollectCorp has to be the most notorious of them. Why?

1. If we are not home, there will be a message on the machine that last about 5 minutes repeating the same information over and over again.

2. If you actually pick up the phone and press 1 to speak to an operator. It will connect you to an answering machine where you can leave your phone number and nobody will get back to you.

3. If you call back to the number they left you, you will be greet with "nobody can take your call right now, leave your phone number and all those shit and nobody will call you back to deal with this either."

4. The only thing that call back is their automated dialing system, which proceed to dial your number every hour, or maybe every 5 minutes.

5. Worst thing is, I have dealt with them before. I have cleared the issue with them that Douglas does NOT fucking use this number anymore. Calling back every several months and starts harassing us again will NOT bring him back to this number. If he is on the run, why would he come back and use his old number?

6. I know a few of you have suggested I change to a new phone number. I have honestly considered that, but it involves a lot of time, and most of all, money that I do not have.

So. I am really open to suggestions. Anyone wanna hack their system and remove us from their computer, or hunt this Douglas down for us to we can send him to the authorities?

edit: I failed to mention this. Of course I understand if they are after my ass because I owe them money. But in this case, I didn't even have the pleasure of SPENDING loan money and getting harassed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navinator on 2005-07-12 11:45 ]</font>

Jive18
Jul 12, 2005, 02:12 PM
That's quite a dilemma Navi. I immediatly thought of "change your phone number" but you have clearly noted that as an impossibilty. I say hunt down this Douglas person and tell him to fucking figure out something because you refuse to deal with that company.

Also, I've heard from my mom before that if you tell a telemarketer, company, etc. to stop calling you but they persist, then there is a way to notify the government and have the company fined for continuing to bother you. Unforunately, I'm not sure exactly who you would need to contact, but I'm quite sure it can be done.

Hope those fuckers stop annoying you. Later.

EphekZ
Jul 12, 2005, 03:03 PM
On 2005-07-12 12:12, Jive18 wrote:

Also, I've heard from my mom before that if you tell a telemarketer, company, etc. to stop calling you but they persist, then there is a way to notify the government and have the company fined for continuing to bother you. Unforunately, I'm not sure exactly who you would need to contact, but I'm quite sure it can be done.

I don't think It woudl work because
edit: I failed to mention this. Of course I understand if they are after my ass because I owe them money.

and I think not paying is also against the law >_>

navci
Jul 12, 2005, 03:08 PM
On 2005-07-12 13:03, darkgunner wrote:

edit: I failed to mention this. Of course I understand if they are after my ass because I owe them money.

You failed to read my post carefully.
I do not owe them money. They are hunting down a Douglas. And if you havn't already noticed, I am not Douglas. What I am saying is if I owe them money I won't be as pissed. But I don't. It isn't ME they are after yet it is ME that is getting harassed.

tetujin
Jul 12, 2005, 04:01 PM
Send them a photocopy of the deed of your house? *I dunno if that will get you in trouble, but if it doesn't it will prove that "douglas" doesn't live there anymore.*

EphekZ
Jul 12, 2005, 05:27 PM
On 2005-07-12 13:08, navinator wrote:

On 2005-07-12 13:03, darkgunner wrote:

You failed to read my post carefully.
I do not owe them money. They are hunting down a Douglas. And if you havn't already noticed, I am not Douglas. What I am saying is if I owe them money I won't be as pissed. But I don't. It isn't ME they are after yet it is ME that is getting harassed.

wow I am so sorry, well try to call the police =P

InfinityXXX
Jul 12, 2005, 06:21 PM
They sound like telemarketers and when i was a telemarketer,If the customer said anything in the gist of "Do not call me" then the telemarketer is suppose to put you on a list and from this list another group of people will delete the customers name from the calling bank.

If you tell them don't call you and they continue, then you can sue them for harassment and fine them for breaking a law.(Do not call law)

(Ugh..at least i learned one thing from that sorry excuse for a job)

Blue-Hawk
Jul 13, 2005, 07:47 AM
This is where I tend to wonder whatever happened to the National 'Do Not Call' registry. All I do is tell them that I'm on it and they immediatly start to blurt out apologies and then remove my number from their database. I haven't had a telemarketer call in months because of this. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Jul 13, 2005, 12:23 PM
On 2005-07-13 05:47, Blue-Hawk wrote:
This is where I tend to wonder whatever happened to the National 'Do Not Call' registry. All I do is tell them that I'm on it and they immediatly start to blurt out apologies and then remove my number from their database. I haven't had a telemarketer call in months because of this. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

This is not a telemarketer, it is a collection agency. They won't stop for anyone until they are paid. Surely you are aware how they work?

anwserman
Jul 13, 2005, 08:52 PM
Hey navi,

We had a similar situation a while ago involving my brother - he actually filed bankrupcy. Anyway, this collection agency kept on calling us - day and night, day and night... and we kept on saying he was overseas in the military.

They even tried fooling us; this one girl called us asking for Troy, and how he has been - my mom asked who was speaking, and she said oh... "Its Jamie from so-and-so agency." Ah yes.

They finally knocked it off when my father started writing down every single time they called and threatened to take it to the autorities for harassment.

BTW, Canada does not have Do Not Call.. thats U.S. only.

Blitzkommando
Jul 13, 2005, 09:38 PM
I have a cousin who went through a very similar situation. Company kept calling him about someone who no longer had the number. Well, this was a number for a guy who bought from telemarketers. Long story short, their computer broke, and kept auto-redialing his number. Every 5 minutes, for about 4 months. He contacted the company and the phone company. Neither 'could do anything.' So, he was forced to save up during that four months to buy a new number. It's just another situation of, "Well, yeah, we screwed up but we won't do anything about it 'cause we don't care." Collection companies work very similarly to telemarketers in that respect. Hope you don't have that kind of thing happen to you.

navci
Jul 14, 2005, 12:34 AM
I consulted with my phone company. Currently I have that number blocked. If that doesn't work, Telus apparently have a one time number change free of charge. Well. The new number might not be better. So let's see how the call screening is working out.

Feelmirath
Jul 14, 2005, 08:59 AM
Oh my god companies like that really piss me off, so lets hope that new number works, ya?

Nixsdaddy
Jul 14, 2005, 01:47 PM
If it don't... I did a search and found their fax number to their Human Resources department.. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It's 416-969-7487...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 16, 2005, 04:30 AM
On 2005-07-13 22:34, navinator wrote:
I consulted with my phone company. Currently I have that number blocked. If that doesn't work, Telus apparently have a one time number change free of charge. Well. The new number might not be better. So let's see how the call screening is working out.

Kickass. No more debt collecting calls for Douglas!

Hopefully you won't have to change numbers and have the hassle of reminding everyone of your new number and that sort of crap.