PDA

View Full Version : Unnoficial PSOBB iRC Channel

MechGryphon
Jul 13, 2005, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if you guys have an iRC chan, so I figured I'd post. I started up an unofficial PSO iRC channel a few days ago for the people on the official PSOBB boards, but I figure I should probably advertise here too.

I'll just copy and paste my post from there since it's faster.

Mech259 wrote:
Well, Yura and I made an unofficial PSO iRC channel.
The channel's name is #pso on irc.glowfish.de:6668.
Use it to chat about PSO, trade, idle, or just chat about anything I guess.

For those of you who don't have mIRC, here's how to download it and use it.

Yura wrote:
Mech and I have created the "unofficial" iRC channel for PSO:BB. It is located on irc.glowfish.de:6668, and the channel name is: #PSO. I'll list some basic stuff for those who haven't used iRC before, but would like to give it a go!

Firstly, you have to download the client, mIRC. You can do so by going to this website: http://mirc.com/get.html Once you have it, and have installed it, fire it up!

Next, you'll need to join the server, so type: /server irc.glowfish.de:6668

Once on the server, join the channel, type: /join #PSO

Now, you'll want to change your nick, so everyone will recognize you! To do so type: /nick yournickname (Replace "yournickname" with a nickname of choice, preferably the one you use on the forums.)

To make sure no one takes your nickname, and to make it yours only, you'll need to register it. You'll do this by typing: /nickserv register password email (Replace "password" with a password of choice, and "email" with your current email)

You'll now be able to chat with fellow PSO:BB-ers live! That should be it, and if someone feels something should be elaborated more, or corrected, please do say.

So far, everybody in it is from the official PSOBB forums. There's lots of idiots on those forums of course, but the ops can kick/warn/ban them if they ever become a problem.

So anyways, I hope you decide to try it out, though I guess if this forum already has a good one, you could tell me that too. =P

Some of you may recognize me BTW. I'm that RAmarl that idles in Cronus 1. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MechGryphon on 2005-07-13 22:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MechGryphon on 2005-07-13 22:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MechGryphon on 2005-07-14 01:16 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jul 14, 2005, 08:40 AM
i don't know whether to congrats you & your group for opening up a channel for many bb users..
or give you a warning for violating the forum's advertisement rules

so for now, this is closed without warning
..but for future references, please use match-up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-15 07:15 ]</font>