PDA

View Full Version : COM team mates - friend or foe?

SLON
Jul 14, 2005, 07:29 AM
I lost 2 games on-line last night, thanks to the incompetence of my COM team mates:
1st battle: Me (Glustar) and COM (Saligun) v Teifu and KC. -
Turn1 : KC places Indi Belra, Teifu equips Kasami bracer and Genbu Shield. (me - ok, no point going for Teifu, got to knock KC out asap). Saligun equips Handgun, I equip Windmill. Saligun runs at Teifu and Belra (groan).
Turn2 : Teifu and Belra pound Saligun, leaving her weaponless and down to 8 HP. Saligun equips Handgun again. I attack KC and put him down from 18hp to 10hp (great - 2 more attacks and he is finished).
Turn3 : Belra moves and attacks both me and Saligun, Saligun opts to place Wall on her Handgun and not on my Windmill (which would have saved it). Both weapons are destroyed. Teifu knocks Saligun down to 3 hp. I equip a Wand, Saligun decides not to bother equipping anything! I hit KC with Barta for 9 damage, but he blocks with Resist (+10 hp) - no damage.
Turn4 : Belra and Teifu finish Saligun off...
2nd battle: Me (Glustar) and COM (Viviana) v Teifu and KC (again).
Turn1: Teifu equips 2 Blade Dances, KC dithers. Viviana equips Wand, and runs at Teifu (no, stupid, come back!!). I chase after Vivi.
Turn2. Teifu attacks Viviana with both Blade Dances and she loses her Wand but no hp. KC pot-shots me for 2 damage. Vivi dithers. I equip a Cane of Zumiuran, and destroy one of Teifu's Bladedances.
Turn3. Teifu equips another Blade dance, and attacks Vivi with both. She takes a big hit from one of them. KC pot-shots Vivi for 2 more damage. I equip a Wand, and again I blast a Blade Dance into pieces, but my second attack on Teifu is blocked by a Sword Guard. Vivi punches Teifu!
Turn4: Vivi gets diced. I wonder if the COM deliberately throws the game every so often!

Ryna
Jul 15, 2005, 07:21 AM
When I am playing online with a COM teammate, it is usually KC. Let's just say he is the most pathetic excuse for a teammate I've ever seen. Usually he just runs back and forth between a couple of squares to take pot-shots at the enemy while never summoning a monster.

Getintothegame
Jul 15, 2005, 12:53 PM
On 2005-07-15 05:21, Ryna wrote:
When I am playing online with a COM teammate, it is usually KC. Let's just say he is the most pathetic excuse for a teammate I've ever seen. Usually he just runs back and forth between a couple of squares to take pot-shots at the enemy while never summoning a monster.

No kidding. KC is the most worthless COM you can get.

All I remember him doing was running right up to the opposing team, and then counting down the turns to his death.

I guess you could try helping him with some protection cards. But chances are, if you get KC, you're screwed.

SLON
Jul 18, 2005, 06:38 AM
You forgot to mention the part where KC shoots you in the back with Virus (whilst aiming at the enemy chr in front of you), hence destroying your weapons!

Ryna
Jul 18, 2005, 07:22 AM
On 2005-07-18 04:38, SLON wrote:
You forgot to mention the part where KC shoots you in the back with Virus (whilst aiming at the enemy chr in front of you), hence destroying your weapons!

I can't say I've ever seen him do that. Usually he is dead before he even gets a chance to play any cards...

Sharkyland
Jul 18, 2005, 12:01 PM
I have had KC... but we won our matches, probably because I was playing with my all 'powerful' Sil'fer. Though computers going to the enemy empty handed sucks.

SLON
Jul 19, 2005, 06:57 AM
I saw KCs cards for some reason during a tourney. He was doing his usual running round like a headless chicken act at the time. No wonder he didn't play any monster cards; he had Merikle, Gi-Gue and Gibbles in his hand. I presume the COM was waiting for a decent die roll.

Ryna
Jul 21, 2005, 02:42 PM
Maybe I should try a High-Cost deck sometime if KC is my teammate. Maybe we'd have a chance at winning.

SquashDemon
Jul 22, 2005, 02:48 PM
ok for future refrence, simple formula for matches in which coms are involved

COM + Teammate = 95% chance of loss due to COM committing suicide

It doesn't matter what I do or who the com is, before I can get into a position to kill the opposition, the little idiot has managed to run right into the enemy, and moon them with "kill me please" painted on their ass...ok not really, but they might as well be doing that!

someone needs to tell the com players that Kamikaze Attacks went out of style back in world war two!

Sharkyland
Jul 30, 2005, 02:37 AM
There are some good COMs too.

I got Sil'fer 'Howl' the one where she equips the shifta merge/meteor cudgel/rocket punch.

Break is okay.
Remil'tos is okay.
Memoru... I guess.
Viviana... I guess.
KC (actually won with him a couple of times).
Saligun is okay.

Axel3792
Jul 30, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-07-22 12:48, SquashDemon wrote:
ok for future refrence, simple formula for matches in which coms are involved

COM + Teammate = 95% chance of loss due to COM committing suicide

...the little idiot has managed to run right into the enemy, and moon them with "kill me please" painted on their ass...

Here's another equation:

You=100% correct

SLON
Aug 1, 2005, 06:47 AM
It depends on which card packs they use. Some are completely useless, whilst other ones give you a decent chance of winning. I probably lose one game in seven due to COM team mates playing badly.

EricG
Aug 23, 2005, 04:01 PM
Teifu's "Too Weak" is a great deck, I played it for fun once, just to rack in some exp and cards, and took him too lightly, thinking he couldnt hurt my ark I rushed forward and he did 12-15 damage on the 2nd turn. I know that sounds like a bit much, maybe I'm losing my head, he killed me in 3 turns or so though.

Also as a side note, Tiefu's NPC decks usually are geared towards defense. That is good since your com partner is less of a burden.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EricG on 2005-08-23 14:18 ]</font>

Bladehunter
Sep 27, 2005, 06:55 AM
Speaking of suicidal COM's, how many remember the ever-so 99% impossible Save-Peko-from-Hunters mission on Dark side story? I mean, he was standing in the middle of the field, sending out Recons and using Madness cards with them! I have never gotten so frustrated over ANY game as then. But I sure was happy when I made it.

Zelutos
Sep 30, 2005, 11:42 PM
I often feel they are more trouble than they are worth. Most of the time, it will be two against two, and it will be one of those "if one person dies, the game is over" type of battle. When it comes to that kind of battle, here's the strategies i do:

Arkz:

I box in the COM team mate using weak monsters so that they cannot move off and get themselves killed.

Hunter:

I just rush in for the kill, often times making it so they will come after me, rather than the COM.

That's why i like online and playing with a real person http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif