PDA

View Full Version : Just how do I backup my character?

Jools
Aug 11, 2002, 05:59 AM
I've heard that its possible, and I really want to do it. My precious RaMar is on a 3rd party memory card which has taken a few knocks over the years and I would really, really like to move him across to an official memory card.

Also, I'd sleep a lot easier at night knowing my precious char has an emergency backup.

Help anyone?

Jools

Kent
Aug 11, 2002, 09:20 AM
There used to be a way, involving e-mailing yourself your character, but Sonic Team will ban that character (in any form) from playing online again (but you can still use other characters).

As far as I know, there's no current way to back up your characters.

SMOKU_9X
Aug 11, 2002, 02:01 PM
If u have a GC ver. and lost your character, all you do is grab a sludge hammer and destroy the neighborhood loser's xbox! Your character will come back looking like rambo, it's proven, try it for fun!

RavenTW
Aug 11, 2002, 03:02 PM
Actually, there's a non-legit way. Interact has only made one GS code, and that is to save your character on multiple memory cards. Try it, it might help you

Kent
Aug 11, 2002, 03:53 PM
On 2002-08-11 12:01, SMOKU_9X wrote:
If u have a GC ver. and lost your character, all you do is grab a sludge hammer and destroy the neighborhood loser's xbox! Your character will come back looking like rambo, it's proven, try it for fun!

Ugh... damn fanboys...

It's sledge hammer.

Vic_Viper
Aug 27, 2002, 01:29 PM
You can use the mail yourself trick to MOVE the file from a memory card to another. Once you used the file on the definitive memorycard (providing you copied the file from the 3rdparty to a SEGA VM) delete the old file to prevent any mistakes and possible loss of the character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vic_Viper on 2002-08-27 12:17 ]</font>