PDA

View Full Version : Internet Images help

Kizaragu
Jul 14, 2005, 02:09 PM
On both firefox and Internet explorer some images won't show up at all. For example I can't even see my signature but I've been told the image is present.
Also on a few websites there's a distinct lack of images altogether when there shouldn't be.
Even animated gifs won't play online. They're just frozen on the first image.
This problem was there even before I had my computer fixed.

Any idea what's wrong? Could it be my internet settings? (although they seem in check) or Hell, even my firewall?

Ryna
Jul 14, 2005, 05:38 PM
There are places in both browsers where you can specify so that images do not download. Perhaps you checked them?

Kizaragu
Jul 14, 2005, 05:43 PM
All settings for images seem to be alright.
On paper it should load them all properly but in practice, no dice.

Any more ideas?

Ryna
Jul 14, 2005, 05:45 PM
Have you done a virus/spyware scan?

Kizaragu
Jul 14, 2005, 06:47 PM
On 2005-07-14 15:45, Ryna wrote:
Have you done a virus/spyware scan?
Umpteen times and like I said, It was like it prior to my computer being fixed/reformatted etc. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Still no different.

EphekZ
Jul 14, 2005, 08:50 PM
well for mozilla there are various pug ins you need have you tried that? and my freind has this too, but it sbecause he doesnt have the java application which is used to play many things.

thats all i can think of now

Getintothegame
Jul 15, 2005, 02:05 AM
I'm just going to verify Firefox. I have a huge hunch that your firewall or virus protection along with ad blocker that's gone berserk. (Check options, uninstall them or something?)

Check:
Web Features > Load images
Is the box checked? How about the for the originating site only? Make sure that box is unchecked.

Right click on one and see if you're blocking it via Firefox image blocker
Make sure it's not blocking them. It'll have a check next to it if it is blocked.

Again, your firewall

Not to treat you like a newbie, but I had a similar problem with a very easy answer. -_-;;

Kizaragu
Jul 15, 2005, 05:07 AM
On 2005-07-15 00:05, Getintothegame wrote:
Again, your firewall

Not to treat you like a newbie, but I had a similar problem with a very easy answer. -_-;;
I am a moron. Official.
It turns out my firewall was the problem.

Thanks for the help chaps and lets try and keep my embarressment down to a minimum .
Let us speak no more of this! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Guess I've just got to fiddle with the settings.

Ryna
Jul 15, 2005, 07:38 AM
Just for the record, are you using a software or hardware firewall? If it is a software firewall, what program are you using?

Kizaragu
Jul 15, 2005, 02:09 PM
On 2005-07-15 05:38, Ryna wrote:
Just for the record, are you using a software or hardware firewall? If it is a software firewall, what program are you using?

A software firewall, ZoneAlarm pro.

Ryna
Jul 15, 2005, 02:28 PM
Ok, thank you for listing that. It may come in handy the next time someone has a similar problem. Were you able to resolve your situation?

Kizaragu
Jul 15, 2005, 04:49 PM
On 2005-07-15 12:28, Ryna wrote:
Ok, thank you for listing that. It may come in handy the next time someone has a similar problem. Were you able to resolve your situation?

Yeah, pretty much no problems at all now.
I just had to change the settings, turning 'Ad-blocker' off and it worked a treat. Odd that something like that would cause so much problems.

But anywho as Getintothegame suggested, It may and was, embaressingly simple. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Getintothegame
Jul 15, 2005, 06:45 PM
That's good to hear you fixed it- but it's odd it blocked some non-ads. Did you post anything on their forums or email their tech support?

Kizaragu
Jul 15, 2005, 08:04 PM
On 2005-07-15 16:45, Getintothegame wrote:
That's good to hear you fixed it- but it's odd it blocked some non-ads. Did you post anything on their forums or email their tech support?
No I didn't, but I will.
It might help prevent it happening to future users I guess.