PDA

View Full Version : Zelda

fumatanera
Jul 15, 2005, 02:23 AM
i just saw the Nintendo Power with screenshots of the next Zelda adn also a trailer from a demo disc. damn it's gunna be awesome!!! the mix of the cell shade with the normal graphics is nice too. heeyaw!!

Getintothegame
Jul 15, 2005, 02:37 AM
I'm still confused as heck when I see the trailer. Man, I still want to get it though.

Hopefully, in the game, it'll all make sense. And it should.

digigram
Jul 15, 2005, 08:43 AM
fum, as far as my eyes are telling me, there is nothing CEL-shaded about twilight princess. at all.

InfinityXXX
Jul 15, 2005, 08:52 AM
Yeah, I didn't really see anything cell shaded in the trailer.

Anyways it reminds me of Ocarnia of time for some reason. I like how you can hit stuff while your on the horse and it looks like you start the game with different clothes.

Also, this is my own theory but, in the begining of wind waker they talk about a war and the hero of time stopped it and then the world was flooded. Do you think twilight princess is what happened before wind waker?

Feelmirath
Jul 15, 2005, 09:00 AM
Twilight princess is about the only game i know that made a grown man cry at E3 (no, it wasn't me).
I've also heard it's set for a "universal realease", which means it'll be released at the same time everywhere (Rumours say November).
So, if you got the money, this is one game you HAVE to get.

Anyways it reminds me of Ocarnia of time for some reason.
That would be because it's based in hyrule, therefore a very similar design http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2005-07-15 07:01 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Jul 15, 2005, 09:30 AM
On 2005-07-15 06:52, InfinityXXX wrote:

Also, this is my own theory but, in the begining of wind waker they talk about a war and the hero of time stopped it and then the world was flooded. Do you think twilight princess is what happened before wind waker?

No, they were talking about the events in OoT. Then afterwards he disappeared allowing Ganon to reemerge. Then the Gods decided to drown Hyrule to seal away Ganon.

xxFLOWxx
Jul 15, 2005, 09:49 AM
That's true.No Hyrule looks like that underwater. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif And is it just me,or do the people in the trailer look like their mouths are stuffed with food,especially when they talk? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Sef
Jul 15, 2005, 01:10 PM
Eh... They've still gotta hammer some things out...

I still think Link looks like a doll when he moves...

Feelmirath
Jul 15, 2005, 03:16 PM
I like the look of the supposedly first dungeon. I mean, monkeys, dude! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Kaio666
Jul 15, 2005, 03:19 PM
gonna be awesome. as for the cel shading, the character that rides on link during his time as a wearwolf and the portals said character comes out of are indeed cel. cant wait for it to come out.

Split
Jul 15, 2005, 09:35 PM
On 2005-07-15 07:30, Shadowpawn wrote:

On 2005-07-15 06:52, InfinityXXX wrote:

No, they were talking about the events in OoT. Then afterwards he disappeared allowing Ganon to reemerge. Then the Gods decided to drown Hyrule to seal away Ganon.

Actually, I read in gameinformer (quite a trustworthy source, I've found) that according to Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto(creator)it takes place between the events of ocarina of time and the flooding of Hyrule. The same article also mentioned that the Twilight Realm is the name of that dreary place wolf-Link is in in the trailer. So my point is that maybe this Twilight realm is the place where Link was abroad while Ganon was resurrected, and not Termina like many believe. Therefore, it all makes sense.

InfinityXXX
Jul 16, 2005, 09:25 AM
Wait a sec, link can turn into a wolf? Woah, i hope it plays out well. If he does turn into a wolf i have the feeling its gonna play like how you played as the zora in majora.

I haven't read anything on the game all i know thats its comming out nov.1st.

Feelmirath
Jul 16, 2005, 09:27 AM
Ya, the dude who rides wolf link uses a scarf for a weapon.
What i dont get is why wolf link is weaker than link link. I mean, you have a freakin' set of freakin' teeth, why not just eat the bad dudes?

Shadowpawn
Jul 16, 2005, 09:54 AM
On 2005-07-15 19:35, Split wrote:

Actually, I read in gameinformer (quite a trustworthy source, I've found) that according to Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto(creator)it takes place between the events of ocarina of time and the flooding of Hyrule. The same article also mentioned that the Twilight Realm is the name of that dreary place wolf-Link is in in the trailer. So my point is that maybe this Twilight realm is the place where Link was abroad while Ganon was resurrected, and not Termina like many believe. Therefore, it all makes sense.

Really? I can sense plenty of plot holes arrising out of this one if that's the case.

Sef
Jul 17, 2005, 03:16 PM
I've heard that this is a different Link though.

We'll have to see when the game comes out...

Jason
Jul 17, 2005, 04:45 PM
The Wind Waker (TWW) takes place hundreds of years later from the Hero of Time's 7 years after having Ganon defeated. When Ganon is defeated, the Hero of Time then went back in time, into a seperate timeline, and in that seperated timeline Ganondorf (Ganon) no longer existed there as he is sealed away in the other timeline from 7 years. In the timeline that Ganondorf no longer exist in, the Hero of Time continued his quest and having ended up in Termina, and that's where Majora's Mask (MM) takes place.

Hundreds of years later in the timeline that Ganondorf is sealed in, got himself unsealed and so there's TWW, and Ganondorf in TWW is the same one from the Ocarina of Time (OoT). The Hero of Time wasn't around to stop him again, because he is just a legend in that timeline as he ended in the seperated timeline (not because he ended up in Termina). That Ganondorf got defeated again by the Hero of Winds in humiliation, turned into stone with the almighty Master Sword in his head (ouch), and washed away with Hyrule. In the other timeline where the Hero of Time is in, however, Hyrule isn't flooded.

Now about the Legend of Zelda soon to be come... Hmm.

fumatanera
Jul 22, 2005, 08:50 PM
i've actually only watched the trailor once, but what i meant abou the cell shading was the little skullkid looking guy riding that wolf. it looked like a different graphic design that rest of what was going on in the clip. it just stood out more and seemed "cell-ish" either way its friggin cool looking and it's about time the stepped up the Zelda graphics. HEEYAW!!!

ShadowNINJA007
Jul 23, 2005, 06:26 AM

Actually, I read in gameinformer (quite a trustworthy source, I've found) that according to Eiji Aonuma and Shigeru Miyamoto(creator)it takes place between the events of ocarina of time and the flooding of Hyrule.

Both are correct. in the official Nintendo Press Conference before E3 05, the Game's Creators discussed this information. They said that Twilight Princess came chronologically a couple decades after OOT, and Before Windwaker. They also mentioned that this Link is a new Reincarnation-Link.

Kalier
Jul 23, 2005, 09:46 AM
About the Cell Shading, most of the game is cell shading, albeit high end, so it doesn't look cartoony. There are a few noticable points that have cell shading(monster's design on chests, when monsters appear/die, etc...), but the majority of the game that has cell shading hides that fact rather well.

I see this as a good thing, because cell shading takes up less space than the normal graphics most games use, has less glitches(from what i seen in games that use it), and loads much faster.

Akdov
Aug 10, 2005, 09:21 PM
The Legend of Zelda is without a doubt my favorite videogame series of all time. The original Zelda was the first videogame I ever played so it will always hold a special spot in my heart. Ocarina of Time is my favorite game of all time. Essentially I love The Legend of Zelda. I love the videogames, I love the T.V. show, I despise the CDI games. Anyway to see the series evolve like this is a dream come true.

Kaio666
Aug 10, 2005, 09:24 PM
On 2005-07-17 13:16, Sef wrote:
I've heard that this is a different Link though.

We'll have to see when the game comes out...

i actually heard miyamoto say each link was originally supposed to be unique. or the personality was unique so technically he was different.

FIDELCASTRO
Aug 11, 2005, 01:18 PM
this thread is like, a month old...