PDA

View Full Version : Midsumer Update - What have you been doing so far this summ

Getintothegame
Jul 15, 2005, 04:37 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is doing and been doing this summer? I've been in Minnesota since August 28th, and plan on going back to Montana next week.

Here in Minnesota, I've gone to Itasca Lake, which is the headwaters of the Mississippi River, then later went down parts of the river itself. I've also built a whole new PC, super fast. Pretty cool. Nothing really exciting except for that, but hopefully stuff will pick up soon.

So, how about you?

Sef
Jul 15, 2005, 04:38 PM
To be honest, sitting around and playing PSO/MGS or on the computer, sometimes with friends.

Although there was a party at the beginning of summer and I did to something for the 4th... Saw Land of the Dead with a friend a couple days ago.

Other than that there's the odd sleepover here and there.

Pretty boring. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-07-15 14:39 ]</font>

BOC
Jul 15, 2005, 04:47 PM
let me think, finished uni on may 19th, got very drunk that weekend! eh oh!

spent 2 weeks working in me dear old dads office filling in for one of the pregnant workers. bless em.

june 7th, moved into my new house with 3 of my friends. it has been lovingly nicknamed 'the cesspit of dispair' and has a new mascot. Boo the black hamster. his full name is Boo, Bradley, Budda, Sauntaur the death killer, nemsis, McRadley. cathy ain't it? oddly enough, i only came up with boo. the rest is all my housemates ideas!

started a year long work placement at mintel ireland on 13th june! yeah! oh what fun! been working there quite productively since. hey its work, with a friggin suit, but at least i won't have any tests to do at uni for a year http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

spent this weekend at oxegen (no not with a Y), a big rock festival which was a blast! so many good bands, so much booze and great weather! i didn't wanna leave! where else can u see greenday, audioslave, the foos, feeder, jimmy eat world and a bitchfist load of great other bands all at the same time?

back to work this week. and there i shall stay until around mid-august when i may skive a week off work to visit my oldest buddy in england.

throw in seeing pretty much every worthwhile movie and many visits to the bar/live music in there and you have your basic boccie summer.

have a good one!

PEACE!!!

Madzozs
Jul 15, 2005, 05:27 PM
I've been working at my summer camp for the past few weeks. I get to leave there on August 1st to start my new job a day later. I'm going to be working nights as a security guard for the school district I live in.

BOC
Jul 15, 2005, 05:51 PM
ooooh!

beat up somebody with a nightstick when you get he chance!

PEACE!!!

roygbiv
Jul 15, 2005, 06:37 PM
Hosed with part time work at a library, and an internship... pretty much no free time during the week.

But... ITS THE WEEKEND!!!
Celebration!

OneandtheSame
Jul 15, 2005, 06:43 PM
I've been playing alot of PSO. Heheh. I bet none of YOU play that. And in the mean time I've been trying to fix my computer.

RoninJoku
Jul 15, 2005, 06:51 PM
Working every weekend... Summer school... A few movies (Batman Begins, Fantastic 4, Howl's Moving Castle tonight)... Surfing the net/browsing message boards... A bit of a PSO comeback for a week or so, kind of subsiding... A bit of tennis here and there... Drawing where ever I can fit it... Super Smash Brothers Melee and Armored Core: Nexus with friends...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-07-15 16:52 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jul 15, 2005, 07:11 PM
Had a very wierd summer so far. Mostly Ive been at work, trying to fathom the sanity and hygiene of a fair amount of customers. Ive also been trying to crack on with my Third Year Univeristy Project, that has sadly yielded little success. I fear my muse itself has gone on holiday, sunning herself up on some beach while I work. Damn muse.

Been going to the Rock Clubs at weekends a lot and getting wierded out by the Gimps. I really dont get the spikey leather thing, but whatever they enjoy.

Watched several Animes all the way through, Louie the Rune Soldier being one of them (I wish they would make a second season http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif). Also been trying to work out Azu Manga Daioh, enjoying PlanetES and praising the high beings that Transformers Galaxy Force has an intelligent story and script and isnt pure Toy Fodder.

And thats been it. Going home again to terrorise Kizaragu next week and meet my other old friends, so im looking forward to that.

Daikarin
Jul 15, 2005, 07:21 PM
Exams. And I may have one more exam next week, it all depends on the grade I get on one of the ones I did.

The beach is calling out for me, and so are those days of practicing a good sport. But work comes first, unfortunately or not.

Guntz348
Jul 15, 2005, 10:26 PM
I've only been doing two things really, working and riding my new motorcycle. I really don't need much more http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Although if I didn't buy the bike I could've quit my job and been a bum. Oh well, the bike is more fun.

Mixfortune
Jul 15, 2005, 11:32 PM
Summer job currently, have been for the past few weeks as well.

Also seems we'll be taking a trip to Japan for about a week and a half in mid August. Had to expedite the passport stuff because we had gotten lazy in the planning department.

Also may visit some certain PSOW members during a convention in late August after we return. Fun fun.

Sharkyland
Jul 16, 2005, 12:11 AM
I've been working with my new job with the USPS (United States Postal Service), and I'm kinda enjoying it, the pay is pretty nice, imo, but I'm probably going to be wishing for more money later on, but I can move up in the ranks later on.

Currently I've been trying to beat some video games, hanging out with my friends, but one thing... one goal, is to try to complete my PSO comic and get it out of my head once and for all. Heck ALL the comics. I need assistants. >.<

Cannibal-Snowman
Jul 16, 2005, 12:18 AM
Hmm...things I've done over the summer:

1. Played on Xbox Live alot.
2. Got a job giving piano lessons.
3. Have been getting ready for Band Camp.
4. Went to Six Flags.
5. Got a girlfriend.
6. Enjoyed time while brother was away.
7. Browsed Internet.

Yeah, not much. Except for number 5, that's a big one for me.

Jive18
Jul 16, 2005, 12:21 AM
Hmm, let's see here:

- Found occasional work at my grandfather's house

- Spent the night at friends' houses probably a total of about 20 times

- Hit level 152 with my HUmar about 3 weeks ago http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, haven't really had much to do with PSO since

- Currently re-reading all of my Calvin and Hobbes collections *ahem, sig*

- Started back on the 'ol saxaphone; band camp arrives in 16 days http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

- Been procrastinating my U.S. Hist. AP crap all summer

- Watching tv everyday, mostly sports, with some Fuse and MTV2 mixed in.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.

Alielle
Jul 16, 2005, 04:23 PM
School still isn't over for me. So I lead a really exciting life of doing stuff on weekends and feeling anxious about it with ongoing, incomplete projects. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Jul 16, 2005, 05:20 PM
With this summer, I found I am official half way through high school... that means I have 15 credits. That means, I failed one. I've been taking summer school for math for the past week and a half. And only a week and a half left (It's really awesome how short this is)

Other than that, doing random things with my friends. And yesterday, I drove on the street for the first time... nerve racking.

AUTO_
Jul 16, 2005, 10:34 PM
Work at a music store, going to music shows, promoting bros band, downloading music, buying music, getting back into singing, going to movies worth the money, hanging out with friends, playing Socom 2 in preperation for Socom 3, writing here and there, talking to a ms., travelling.

That's about it.

navci
Jul 17, 2005, 01:27 AM
Work.
And more work.
Maybe working on finding a new job.
Meeting Mix and Eclair in the summer maybe.

Getintothegame
Jul 17, 2005, 05:40 PM
On 2005-07-16 23:27, navinator wrote:
Work.
And more work.
Maybe working on finding a new job.
Meeting Mix and Eclair in the summer maybe.

Isn't that the second time you'll meet Mix?

Anyway, good to hear all your stories.

shinobu_seta
Jul 17, 2005, 10:35 PM
Work....

Although I did go to an Anime convention and I'm going to be going on a camping trip soon ^_^

And of course, playing PSO...

Kuea
Jul 17, 2005, 11:58 PM
I have being being bored http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

untill a few days ago when I left on vacation to vancouver and met with navi http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

had some fun there and now am back home and ready to collapse in bed for a few days

Saiffy
Jul 18, 2005, 12:07 AM
Fleh, nothing really. Sir around, relax, couple of drinks(Har har), go to random cabins at random times...

Was going to visit PJ mid-August, stuff came up, next year. o:

ladyjaderiver
Jul 18, 2005, 01:41 AM
Hmmm... Worked. And had my only wisdom tooth out. And worked some more. And started school again last week. >.<

Feelmirath
Jul 18, 2005, 07:07 AM
Well, ive basically been playing bb a lot.
Oh, and i started ToS again, already made it back onto disc 2 http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Evil_Althena8
Jul 18, 2005, 07:37 AM
Let's see..

Been hanging out with friends whenever I can. The usual stuff...playing D&D...driving around aimlessly, sitting at each other's houses. Charles still stays at my house ALOT. He's in my closet right now >_>

I've been laying off the drinkin lately. I went to some graduation parties....4 to be exact. And I went to a party at Kyleen's house whom I hadn't seen in 2 years.

Been on the computer alot at night. In fact I can't sleep at night anymore. I find myself up till 8am...sometimes later. Been chatting in Ask A Witch on yahoo with my yahoo friends...it's been pretty interesting

Probably will get a job very very soon. I have court on wednesday and I will probably be fined for underage drinking. I will need a job to pay it off.

Yep...that's my wonderful summer...