PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Sonic Team is 'hiding' Episode 4 content?

Skorpius
Jul 16, 2005, 10:38 PM
In the form of future updates. It seems pretty lame that Episode 4 is only what we have. Drop charts full of holes, 2 different areas (with several sections), one boss (3 forms?) for the entire episode, no Machine type enemies..

Do you think a lot of things might appear in the form of future updates?
Maybe a new area released with mad machines?
More items added into the holes of the drop charts?
Possible bosses for the areas we currently have?

Episode 4 seems too empty to be on purpose. I have this feeling that a lot more of Episode 4 is purposely left out right now for a future plan.

What does everyone else think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-07-16 20:38 ]</font>

Maridia
Jul 16, 2005, 10:44 PM
I think that sounds like a very plausible theory. I had the same feeling, but I wasn't sure if they had some master plan, or were just lazy. Many would argue both points. I guess all we have to do now is wait. ;o Personally, I love how BB has the option to have any number of new updates and any sort of new content added to it. Machines would be good. <<

The fact that US BB is lacking in the Present Quest which JP players could get items with their ticket thingies from purchasing Ep4 sucks. Many of the cool items won't be available to US players. I don't think ST would be that mean, so it can only mean they'll have to find some way to work them into a quest or something. BB's future is bright, and I know I can't wait to see where it goes. <_<

Skorpius
Jul 16, 2005, 10:47 PM
Those present items are also evidence of a possible Cup release soon, as well. Prizes awared to all participants for each milestone, with individual prizes at certain kill counts, and team prizes given to those that kill the most.

A lot of loose ends dealing with Episode 4's content is providing enough evidence to me that we won't see the end of additional updates for Episode 4 anytime soon. However, I also don't know what's going on with JPBB's EP4.. so everything I just said could mean absolutely nothing. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sef
Jul 16, 2005, 10:53 PM
To put it simply...

Yes.

I'm thinking there will be tons of quests and possibly quests that unlock new areas/enemies...

Maybe even another episode? 4.5/5? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blitzkommando
Jul 16, 2005, 11:19 PM
Yeah, basically I agree. It does seem a bit, barren in the content department, right now. I figured from the release of PSOBB JP that there would be more updates. Afterall, that is one of the reasons it was ported to PC... again? Anyway, seeing that GC recieved new content for, what, 3 years that patience is a virtue when talking of Sonic Team / Sega. Like people have said before, if we had everything now it would make people leave sooner than if they drew it out for another 3 years or more.

astuarlen
Jul 17, 2005, 12:51 AM
Damn, I hope so!
If they don't plug those holes in the dropcharts, I'll... I'll do something really bad!! You hear me, ST?

Getintothegame
Jul 17, 2005, 01:46 AM
I'm with you. I hope that we get at LEAST the cool Ep4 ticket rares.

I want to use my Nice Shot again. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

AxelgearVII
Jul 17, 2005, 02:42 AM
Theres also a couple of doors in desert that dont open. Why would they be there if they didnt have a use? =

Hrith
Jul 17, 2005, 04:43 AM
On 2005-07-17 00:42, AxelgearVIII wrote:
Theres also a couple of doors in desert that dont open. Why would they be there if they didnt have a use?because it saves generating different room when making maps.

I doubt we will have more than "filling the blanks" in the drop charts, and quests.

Tycho
Jul 17, 2005, 05:46 AM
On 2005-07-16 20:38, Skorpius wrote:
Drop charts full of holes, 2 different areas, one boss (3 forms?) for the entire episode, no Machine type enemies..

Jonathan_F said they might release a new episode, but I doubt it, since the new IDOLA BGM has found its purpose already. Or will we get a new 'Towers'? Give me a quest with 70 Girtablulu or ten vipers, kthx.
There are not many bosses, but then again, how are you going to find an excuse to put them into the storyline? It's ignorant to say there is no storyline and they should just release fifty areas and hunting quests. Although, I would like even more hunting options as well (give the team quest and Extreme Warfire series?).
I'm somewhat happy they did not make any new machines. Machine percentages sucked already, but now it's not even arguable anymore. XP
There will be another boss, sure. But that's the third one out of the three, the one that is not available now. Don't call them 'forms' by the way, that would imply they all appear in a single bossfight. Shambertin is an incredibly lame reskin (otherwise it would not fit into the plot? does this one even fit into it?), but Kondrieu is just another rare enemy.
They will probably fix (some of) the holes when they release more items, which is not anytime soon for us.
About the areas... Technically Crater and Crater Interior are two different areas. Why really want the enemy types to be separate? That would have made sense in episode one and two (where they do separate them), but in this case it does not. I don't see why there are Rappies and Zu in the Underground Desert, but eh, at least it has Gorans as well. <_<
I don't really mind there only being two areas. It's not like we don't have WAY too much to do already, and the EP4 scenery is gorgeous. Did you even play all of Desert yet? You should see it.

PJ
Jul 17, 2005, 12:02 PM
The only thing that would make me think that there is more to Episode 4 is that there is no Machine monsters... maybe they'll release a stage that's like, the WORKS hideout http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I know it's said a lot, but I don't see the logic of where Machine attributes is so bad (Other than... NOW Episode 4, but I mean before that there is nothing behind it). Where is Native any more useful? In Episode 1, they had one area for each. So one full area of Native. One full area of Machine etc. As we already knew.

But in Episode 2, the only type of monsters that appear in every single stage is A. Beast. So that would technically make that a good attribute. Dark monsters are generally stronger, and that would make that a good attribute too. But Machine monsters are especially strong, and they appear in as many areas as Native monsters do. So why is it such a terrible attribute?

(Sorry for taking the topic, but it's an issue that's been bugging me, as much as I usually don't like to argue with the "Almighies of PSO" http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

Sharkyland
Jul 17, 2005, 12:40 PM
Storyline wise, imo... I think it is complete. I know there might be small loopholes that weren't covered but 9-5 to 9-8 covered a lot. The end of WORKS which I thought was going to happened did happen. Now Black Paper is probably the only organization left (but I think they are such a small organization that they can be disbanded easily), though we do not have a clear distinction on why Tyrell lost his job (he's definitely present in EpIV unless the 'council' actually voted for him to be replaced).

Now the only one that is left I think is 'Seat of the Heart' which I can't remember if it needs to be completed or not...

Now the time between epIV and epIII is the only time we have to work with, which may give us roughly between < 21 years to whenever the Germ was founded.

---

I would like to see some new content, but I don't know if it can happen major like epIV. Quests I do see.

Skorpius
Jul 17, 2005, 12:47 PM
Most common enemies in Episode 2:
Dimenian - D
La Dimenian - D
So Dimenian - D
Rag Rappy - N
Poison Lily - A
Savage Wolf - N
Barbarous Wolf - N
Gillchic - M
Dubchic - M
Merillia - A
Meritas - A
Gee - N
Ul Gibbon - N
Zol Gibbon - N
Dolmolm - A
Dolmdari - A
Recobox - M
Recon - M

Only four of these are machine.

Anyway, I do hope Episode 4 has a secret, heavy machine area. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-07-17 10:49 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 17, 2005, 12:59 PM
On 2005-07-17 10:47, Skorpius wrote:
Only four of these are machine.

But the less common machines are way stronger than normal enemies. Sinow Zoas anyone?

ai_no_usagi
Jul 17, 2005, 12:59 PM
well, given the fact that ep4 is only there to satisfy us until PSU comes out (which they would have dragged out till then, but because of too much complaining...) it's unlikely that anything new will be released.

Hrith
Jul 17, 2005, 01:22 PM
ya, I agree, even with Ep4, I still rank them in D > N > M > A order.

Dark are the strongest, in any episode, Native are awfully common, and a lot of mini-bosses/strong monsters are Native, Machine if only for Epsilon or Sinow Berill/Spigell/Zoa/Zele >_> Altered Beast seems least useful, only monsters with high DFP/HP are Merikle and Mericus =/