PDA

View Full Version : I need some tips please if possible

superweezernerd
Aug 11, 2002, 11:26 PM
Hi I know this game is old and prolly you guys dont play it anymore but i really would appretiate some tips. I couldt find anything realy helpfull i needed on gamefaqs so i decided to post here. I just started a new character. He is level 5 now he is a HUmar and right now im doing just the optional quest. I really was reading like for the quest "journalistic pursuit" you should be around level 7. Well I was level 4 and i beat it but it was pretty tough. Well, I'm wondering how do i level up good? like is there a place i can go without any missions and just fight or do i have to be in a quest? And...the enemies you kill, how i get more experience points when i kill them and stuff. please any tips on this would greaty be appretiated.

Rhete
Aug 11, 2002, 11:40 PM
On 2002-08-11 21:26, superweezernerd wrote:
like is there a place i can go without any missions and just fight or do i have to be in a quest?

Walk outside of the hunters guild. Turn right. A big door should open up. Go inside the teleporter.

Also to get experience points from monsters, simply kill them.

Ian D
Aug 12, 2002, 12:16 AM
The experience you gain from the monsters really depends on which monster or difficulty level there is. There is no way to change the amount of exp a monster gives you.

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 01:54 AM
k thanks i knew that. Umm...alright well I just beat all of the forest area..the dragon was pretty easy. I got this pretty cool daggers that i had to get the tekker to identify. its pretty cool, well, are caves a better place to go and level up than the forest or forest 2 and do the monsters give more EXP? please explain thanks.

VulpesMundi
Aug 12, 2002, 03:00 AM
Each successive stage/difficulty has stronger critters worth more experience. Careful not to get in too over your head. Take it one step at a time. If you're getting slaughtered, go back and gain more experience and better equipment. If you're having a fairly easy time then clear the current area and move on. Simple common-sense.

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 06:50 AM
Indeed-and I would recomend doing all the hunters guild quests BEFORE you start the actual area-its boring to have to go back once you beat the boss. Another thing-level dosn't matter-at all- its about how comfortable you are in an area(ie. is it risky or not) there really are no "perks" to being higher level except being able to get to higher difficulty modes and taking mobs. Atleast in offline mode that holds true.

Neogame2
Aug 12, 2002, 07:16 AM
I used to keep killing the dragon all the time to gain exp. but after 10-20 times it doesn't effect you so you move on. the other levels have more monsters but if you go online there are four times as many.

Malkavian
Aug 12, 2002, 08:52 AM
If you can only play offline the best is... do forest. Then all the forest quests in hunter's guild. If you can't beat one of them well, leave it for later. After you have done or tried all the forest quests you should move to caves. When caves is cleared, do all caves quests.... and same with the next stages.
Remember to put a telepipe before you enter the warp. So if you die you can go back to same place.
Same if you feel you are in danger, put a telepipe.

Shadow_Blade
Aug 12, 2002, 08:54 AM
Oh man superweezernerd, you remind me of how much fun it used to be when i first discovered pso. When a double saber was as the best wep in the whole game, and a varsita was attually good. ^_^

RavenTW
Aug 12, 2002, 09:01 AM
For Online, I suggest you and your friends all slug it out in your own way, you'll still get experience, long as you hit every monster. You get 80% of the total xp the monster gives you, or 100% if you deliver the final blow.

Offline, u get less baddies, but all the experience. If your only doing offline, I suggest beating every available guild quest (also, if you think your on the last one, you should still check, sometimes you have to beat all the missions to unlock more), then take on the latest area, report to principle, rinse and repeat. Also, I seriously suggest being level 16 or higher with a decent sword for Del Rol Lee.

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 09:18 AM
Caves definatly is THE most fun level-Heheh-I just beat it with two characters X_X
Offline mode hurts-I wish I had a DSL modem for my DC -_-
PSO has great replay value..man..
Going OT..hehe ^_^

Daikarin
Aug 12, 2002, 09:45 AM
You can also find a "Master/Lord/King (Name of weapon)" which can take out experience points from each blow you hit on an enemy.

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 09:48 AM
You mean the unit..huh?confused...

RavenTW
Aug 12, 2002, 10:09 AM
No, the element on a weapon. A weapon with one of those elements, if you use it's special attack, gives a percentage of xp to you for each hit you deal on a monster. I don't reccomend it myself.

Darrin
Aug 12, 2002, 10:26 AM
Tip: You can hold your pee a lot longer than you realize

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 10:48 AM
Until you stop playing...

locke1
Aug 12, 2002, 12:19 PM
Try getting to the ruins there you can get 23 exp or more. athough claws give you 6 exp. Even the mines will help alot. alough 16 and 18 exp isn't enough.

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 05:10 PM
Hi. Well, I'm not level 10. I beat the dragon 2 times that helped a litte. I tried fighting in the caves and its not that hard but those shark thing ALWAYS hit me no matter what. So like yeah its okay i guess but...never mind. So any recommended level i should be at before starting any quest for the caves or am i fine? Here are my stats though...

LVL: 10
HP: 104
TP: 87
ATP: 154 (110) with the shock daggers +2
DFP: 49 (30)
MST: 78 (78)
ATA: 90 (70)
EVP: 151 (94)
LCK: 10 (10)

yeah...am i good off or should i keep leveling? And where could i find a better weapon for my hunter? please help thank you.

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 06:38 PM
Dear GAWD-
I beat the dragon at level 4, get to level six or seven with the tier one quests-beat caves at 10, did the quests got to 14 and now am going to fight De Rol Le. This is in two days-you take it too slow. You need to get stuck in and stop worrying about technicalities.
PS. What ID are you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Graypaint on 2002-08-12 16:39 ]</font>

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 06:45 PM
yellowboze

TeamPhalanx
Aug 12, 2002, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't recommend moving on to a new area unless you have a good % weapon for that area (at least 20%). Keep an eye on your mag; I would recommend raising its MIND & DEX first so you can use resta and guns. After that raise its power.

If you're unsure about level and stages, just go into the new stage and let the first enemy hit you. If you get knocked down, go level up some more. It's not necessary, but getting knocked down with every hit wastes too much time and it just gets really annoying.

Graypaint
Aug 12, 2002, 09:11 PM
My personal play style accommodates me to do things like that, it might also be my ID..
Yelloboze is a rather simple ID in that there are no items that drop prematurely.

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 09:58 PM
Hey and 1 more question pleae someone could anser clearly. I tried looking around the forums for my question and a good answer but i think i couldnt find one. So...

I just bought PSO V2. i dont have V1. Well, now I'm thinking of paying 15 every 3 months to play online, i dont mind that. Its just that i have been hearing stuff like sega net is free for V1. And also like ALL the servers for PSO are going to be shut down permanently and never be up again. Well...I want to know, is it still worth it? I mean I really would like to play online and stuff, so are there still servers up i could play on for V2? if so when will they go down forever? please help me thank you guys so much.

Rhete
Aug 12, 2002, 10:07 PM
Its not worth it. PSO has been pretty much dead for a while

avai
Aug 12, 2002, 10:09 PM
On 2002-08-12 20:07, Rhete wrote:
Its not worth it. PSO has been pretty much dead for a while

True. Just wait for PSO for the gc or xbox. If you got a pc you could just import the pc version also.

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 10:44 PM
I dont think im going to buy a gamecube or xbox. But wait, does it mean that onces Xbox or gamecube PSOs come out and are able to go online that DC PSO will be dead forever starting at the end of this year? Or will you still be able to go online for PSO even though the the gamecube and xbox versions are out? hmm...

When you say dead for V2. Does that mean if i went online right now to play littereally I would be the only one online or are there still players that play and stuff that would help me out and stuff?

Rhete
Aug 12, 2002, 11:08 PM
On 2002-08-12 20:44, superweezernerd wrote:
When you say dead for V2. Does that mean if i went online right now to play littereally I would be the only one online or are there still players that play and stuff that would help me out and stuff?

There would be players there eager to meet you, kill you, rob you, then maybe delete your character. Sad but true, cheaters rule pso now

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 11:12 PM
ohh....well i guess ill just stick offline then. hey well...if PSO comes out for PC for the US will i have to pay to play? Or is it even coming for US PC at all??? cuz if it is ill buy that.

superweezernerd
Aug 12, 2002, 11:26 PM
oh and now I'm thinking of buying the PSO for GC but i dont have a gamecube though.. I MAY get it if PSO is like the the best or one of the best games on there. I will for sure then, but when the modem comes out will there be a regular modem and a braodband adapter? cuz i have cable and i dont wanna go back to dial up. And for GC woudl i still have to pay to play and if i do have to pay to play will it cost still 15 bucks every 3 months or more? thanks

watashiwa
Aug 12, 2002, 11:33 PM
Wow. I've always been the one to say "The only stupid question is the one left not asked", but damn, you sure ask do ask alot of them. >.>

superweezernerd
Aug 13, 2002, 02:39 AM
sorry. never mind then.

Riel
Aug 14, 2002, 06:18 AM
Yes,yes and yes for all your Gamecube questions.The BBA adapter should be on sale at the end of September,PSO V1&2 will be better then the DC version,everyone that loved the DC versions will get this one,you will need to pay to play(around the same price as DC).