PDA

View Full Version : Know your mushrooms

Dek
Jul 17, 2005, 02:31 PM
Yes, the title is a reference towards the Super Mario T-Shirt that has the different mushrooms on it.

Anyways, this rant is about how one simple request from a customer can go horribly wrong.

My family and I go up to Minnesota for a week every year and stay at a cabin at a local fishing resort. We have been going to the same one for the past 15 years and never had any problems...Until last year....

A. We found a mushroom growing next to the shower
B. We found a bat in my room.

We mentioned these things to the owners of the resort and they said that they will take care of the situations (this is the part where you guys start saying "Now this is getting interesting").

The positive thing is that they took care of the bat situation by placing masking tape on the edges of the ceiling (where the wall and ceiling meet that is) as that contained a few...open areas that could have potentially let a few creatures in. The bad thing, however, is that our mushroom "upkeep" quadrupled* (in other words, it went from one to four). As I went to turn on the light in the bathroom one night, I see four, fully-opened mushrooms and, like Sir Galahad in Spamalot, shouted "JESUS CHRIST!!!"

My parents, silently, said "We know. We know. We will keep them in there so that they can see that something needs to be done..."

Now I hope that something is done to that bloody bathroom. Oh well. We'll find out next year >_>

Sef
Jul 17, 2005, 03:17 PM
I predict 8 mushrooms.

Alielle
Jul 17, 2005, 03:32 PM
That is really gross.

Though, somehow I wonder what kind of mushrooms they are. Maybe they're edible! :D

Feelmirath
Jul 18, 2005, 07:01 AM
I predict 8 mushrooms.

I predict 16 >_>

Tact
Jul 18, 2005, 07:51 AM
I love that shirt. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

But I hope you get those mushrooms to a point where you don't have to worry about them. Ah well, maybe they'll bring in a Weedwhacker to get rid of the mushrooms. But then they'd grow back, so that wouldn't work. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

EphekZ
Jul 18, 2005, 02:53 PM
google fungus remover?

nvm..i just did nothing came up except foor fungus...gross.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkgunner on 2005-07-18 12:54 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Jul 18, 2005, 03:40 PM
http://www.harperandcompany.com/images/pic_shower.gif
But ya, fungi is teh pitz. If asking the people to sort it nicely doesn't work, try nagging!

opaopajr
Jul 21, 2005, 05:17 AM
just the fungus reproducing, sending their noxious spores into the air so that they can spread. nothing to worry about. besides, at least you can tell where the fungus is, sometimes it isn't as apparent until a mushroom appears.

most likely they'd just pluck them off. if they have a space heater (with safety mechanisms! please!) all you have to do is turn it on and leave it in the shower/bathroom area for around 8 hours. it'll get rid of the excess moisture and kill off any mold or mildew. and then there's always salt, but it takes a bit of salt. but it's such a good soft scrub for delicate materials...