PDA

View Full Version : I Eat My Hat - Racist Video Game PUBLISHED

Deathscythealpha
Jul 18, 2005, 11:14 AM
Well, I said in another thread that no one would be stupid enough to release a game with Racist conatations in this day and age. Looks like I didnt count in the stupid people at Resistance Records:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60093

These people are sick, close minded idiots, and they gleefully bask in the controversy they are making. They really do sicken me.

Daikarin
Jul 18, 2005, 11:36 AM
Racist-ass punks, with their skin superiority complex which is nothing more than a mature-wannabe version of "I'm the best, and I'm with the best" childhood syndrome.

There's no respect, morals or education nowadays.

If I hear that game ever being successfull, just shows that the whole world needs to rethink itself.

RoninJoku
Jul 18, 2005, 12:51 PM
WTF??? Just when you think the world can't get anymore ignorant! These people have just defined my new low for modern humanity! Or rather... Sub-humanity, to use their own words... In an ironic sort of way, that article was kind of a funny read... Funny in the way that... How can people get any more filthy... And... You just want to kill yourself so you don't have to absorb any more of the ignorance... sigh... These people need to burn in their own private circle of hell-by demons and minorities... Eternity is not long enough for them...

TheOneHero
Jul 18, 2005, 01:06 PM
No, just no.

This is so fucking sad, that people, would actually stoop that low.

All the more reason why we should take over the world, and destroy every dumbfuck alive.

anwserman
Jul 18, 2005, 01:08 PM
And you don't hear any senators bitching about that game now do ya.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 18, 2005, 02:04 PM
Somehow this isn't surprising to me at all.

navci
Jul 18, 2005, 02:19 PM
And this is all legal to do, how?

InfinityXXX
Jul 18, 2005, 02:33 PM
What the Hell?

You know, this does not surprise me at all. That some ignorant, weak minded, sick, filthy,low life, trashy, son of bitch pussies would make a racist game. I don't think video game stores will sell it but the reason why i'm upset is not the fact that there is a racist game out there, its the fact that they had the nerve to promote it on MLK day and that the media would rather talk about "OMG Halo 2 is soooo dangerous" and you got a game promoting racisism.

My uncle is the president of the NAACP(national associaion of colored people) in Houston. Me being a member, i think i'm gonna call him and address this to him. And see if he can somehow get this to the actual HQ of the NAACP.

First its the dumb ass stereotypes of us blacks and latinos in anime, then in video games, and now theirs a whole game based on doing these stereotypes.

I swear some people just need to die.

Edit:Oh ya, the great rapper Nas always did say that THE MEDIA AND THE RACIST WERE RAN BY THE SAME PEOPLE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-07-18 12:35 ]</font>

Jett_Kakashi
Jul 18, 2005, 03:29 PM
On 2005-07-18 11:08, anwserman wrote:

Because politicians are corrupt. And most likely most of the white senators are still dreaming of bringing back the confederacy and slavery. Maybe they see that if this game comes out, alot of people will view it as "Kill all black people."

(No offense Infinity X)
But Im sure once people see this they'll really raise hell. GTA is one thing. But killing people because of their race is another.

Arislan
Jul 18, 2005, 03:30 PM
Do note though, that just because the game has found a publisher does not mean that any stores will carry it. Best Buy or Walmart does NOT want that controversy showing up at *their* doors, and I doubt any other decently large chain would.

Feelmirath
Jul 18, 2005, 03:35 PM
that is just fucking sick. And im guessing the 3 year olds will be asking their parents for the game, and so another dumbass mood is made.
Seriously, who would be sick enough to make this crap?!? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jul 18, 2005, 03:48 PM
On 2005-07-18 13:29, Jett_Kakashi wrote:

Because politicians are corrupt. And most likely most of the white senators are still dreaming of bringing back the confederacy and slavery. Maybe they see that if this game comes out, alot of people will view it as "Kill all black people."

Where on earth did you pull that from? That comment just makes you look silly, im sorry to say it. It hasnt really been brought up anywhere as this news is only just surfacing. Or are the news reporters corrupt and deliberately not reporting it quick enough.

On 2005-07-18 13:30, Arislan wrote:
Do note though, that just because the game has found a publisher does not mean that any stores will carry it. Best Buy or Walmart does NOT want that controversy showing up at *their* doors, and I doubt any other decently large chain would.

That is a fair point. Im not sure any shop would stock this, but I still find it sick that someone would produce this kind of filth and another group decide to sell it.

InfinityXXX
Jul 18, 2005, 04:16 PM
Well I do think politicians are corrupt because of other things.(Rwanda, Hatians, the war)(if you flame me becuase i said the war I will not reply cuz i'm not in the mood to argue)

And i do believe that there are some racist senators.(Some of em were born back in the whole race wars era).

But part of me don't want to adress this because attention of this will give the game a big hype and it'll sell and the ignorance will rise but if the game does sell it'll only give me greater evidence of how ignorant the world is.

Daikarin
Jul 18, 2005, 04:56 PM
On 2005-07-18 12:19, navinator wrote:
And this is all legal to do, how?

Living in a free nation, as long as they rate it "mature" or 18+, they can put whatever contents they like. That's what's wrong. What if dudes with no education and no complete knowledge of any kind of morality did as they please?

Old Carmageddon games look like pre-school compared to this.

And then, there's this whole "The actors and points of view represented on this DVD/Game do not necessarily represent those of [insert publisher here]" crap. As long as they see an idea with some potential (controversial or not) they don't give a damn about values, unless, of course, the numbers on their income.

Jive18
Jul 18, 2005, 05:25 PM
"If it does help promote the separation of the races, then it's been positive and that's what we want."

IT'S BEEN POSITIVE?!?!?!?

Holy shit, what the hell is wrong with people? If parents think games like Doom 3 are bad, wait 'til they hear of this. Goddamn, I can't stop shaking my head.

navci
Jul 18, 2005, 06:43 PM
On 2005-07-18 13:48, Deathscythealpha wrote:
That is a fair point. Im not sure any shop would stock this, but I still find it sick that someone would produce this kind of filth and another group decide to sell it.

Well. It isn't exactly new, is it? If there is "pro-white" music and it is still existing, that means there is a market for it. Meaning enough people will buy it to make it profitable enough to continue making them. More people are intolerant than we think. It is sad. But I guess it really is up to us who understand better to change that, right?

Dek
Jul 18, 2005, 08:50 PM

On 2005-07-18 13:29, Jett_Kakashi wrote:

Where on earth did you pull that from? That comment just makes you look silly, im sorry to say it. It hasnt really been brought up anywhere as this news is only just surfacing. Or are the news reporters corrupt and deliberately not reporting it quick enough.

But in time, as news is brought up about the game, his theory may actually come true. Imagine the parents (of the same ideals) trying to teach their children the same thing. This game does nothing but add fuel to the fire.

As for my opinion, this is exactly the kind of shit I refer to when I say "People abuse Freedom of Speech"

AUTO_
Jul 18, 2005, 09:09 PM
Haha I like my reply under "Sefa".

http://www.eurogamer.net/article_discussion.php?article_id=60093

What fucking d-bags.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 18, 2005, 11:19 PM
Hurrah for free speech!

This is why we should make me dictator.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 19, 2005, 04:06 AM
On 2005-07-18 12:33, InfinityXXX wrote:
What the Hell?

I don't think video game stores will sell it but the reason why i'm upset is not the fact that there is a racist game out there, its the fact that they had the nerve to promote it on MLK day and that the media would rather talk about "OMG Halo 2 is soooo dangerous" and you got a game promoting racisism.

My uncle is the president of the NAACP(national associaion of colored people) in Houston. Me being a member, i think i'm gonna call him and address this to him. And see if he can somehow get this to the actual HQ of the NAACP.

I swear some people just need to die.

Edit:Oh ya, the great rapper Nas always did say that THE MEDIA AND THE RACIST WERE RAN BY THE SAME PEOPLE

So did the great rock group Rage Against the Machine. "The same at work forces are the same the burn crosses," a line from a song on their 1992 album. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Lets hope it doesn't get any more publicity than this.

Lets hope it is not sold in any major retail chain, any major games store, online retailer, or promoted in any magazine ads/reviews/previews.

By ignoring it, it should fade into obscurity.
Let the banning of the game by most every country be silent, if they are to happen. No unecessary publicity needed.

This is terrible that this group is upping their ante from just hate speech/music.

By being so close minded, they can be considered a minority to the rest of the world. Let their paths not cross with ours as we live our lives.

I heard about the regulation of the games industry's M rated games by Hilary Clinton. "Companies haven't done a good job." Uh no.

Game companies are not at fault and neither is the ESRB.

The ESRB has a survey of the public and picks some random people to watch a video of the most controversial parts of games that are going to be sold to the public. The group is made up of a variety of people, including stay at home moms who are led to believe that the Donahue's and daytime/primetime TV mockery about games changing kids into killers.

They rate them into the categories we all know about.
E, T, M, etc. or even say it is too extreme and sent back to the developers. there have been few A-O(adult only games) released for consoles, if any, and very few on the PC as well, right?

But no one gives two damns about a kid in a WalMart/Target/online/whatever buying R rated movies with plenty of drugs/death/sex in them-depicited by real live actors with real guns at times(but not bullets, mostly) rather than videogame sprites(which is one reason I think the GTA games have tried to stay away from, more realistic graphics, which is a slight commending on their part for not doing as such). Only if they go near the newest GTA/Manhunt/hyped game.

Remember the Matrix being thrown into the equation too(of teens becoming murderers)? Yet they still followed up with 2 more sequels. the heat eventually died down for blaming the movie industry. Why?

The gaming industry being heavily regulated will skyrocket prices of games considered taboo/illegal/whatever. Like a banning of alcohol in the 1920's prohibition era, perhaps? Although that is an extreme example here, with not too much similarities.

Please forgive my ranting and debating, but do point out any errors in my assumptions with facts if you so wish to. I don't know everything, and this was made in haste, so I'm sure there are true errors in there, and not just your finding errors with my way of thinking.

Deathscythealpha
Jul 19, 2005, 05:02 AM
On 2005-07-18 16:43, navinator wrote:

Well. It isn't exactly new, is it? If there is "pro-white" music and it is still existing, that means there is a market for it. Meaning enough people will buy it to make it profitable enough to continue making them. More people are intolerant than we think. It is sad. But I guess it really is up to us who understand better to change that, right?

It seems new for the UK, as stuff like this is normally banned straight off the bat. This sounds like an extreme abuse of Freedom of Speech.

Dangerous55
Jul 19, 2005, 06:39 AM
Hah, I just realized. Non-racists could make a funny satire of racism and things. Sorry, but Ariel Sharon with a rocket-launcher is funny, especially when he is shouting exaggerating Jewish Conspiracy quotes.

Oh yeah, idiots suck in every form.

KaFKa
Jul 19, 2005, 07:29 AM
On 2005-07-18 12:04, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
Somehow this isn't surprising to me at all.

Neith
Jul 19, 2005, 09:23 AM
That's sick. There's not many other words to say about this (well there's plenty, but I'd get a warning/banned)

White supremists making games? What next? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 19, 2005, 09:30 AM
>.< Opps mix up

Theres some guy on the comments named Rumpty that made a very unfunny black joke.(i think all race jokes are unfunny)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2005-07-19 16:40 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 19, 2005, 12:51 PM
On 2005-07-19 07:30, InfinityXXX wrote:

Yeah part of me want to find that bitch that made that comment and kick his ass. Theres also some guy on the comments named Rumpty that made a very unfunny black joke.(i think all race jokes are unfunny)

What comment? The thing I posted is from the game.

InfinityXXX
Jul 19, 2005, 06:39 PM
Dangerous 55, ignore that post, i confused what you said to someone named Ninja(forgets 2nd part of name), who said somethin in the comments for the article, along the lines of what you qoated . And i thought you were qoating him.

I'll edit it out sorry for the mix up.

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2005, 06:44 PM
"The whole intent of making this videogame was to make a racially provocative videogame," National Alliance chairman Shawn Walker told the United Press.

"If it does help promote the separation of the races, then it's been positive and that's what we want."

For crying out loud, this is just so wrong. What about human rights? Gah, screw it, I've had it with this.

zero12410
Jul 20, 2005, 07:48 PM
hmm, you know I recently shaved my head and so did one of my sister's friends, I suggested to him that we get some white cloaks and white hoods and fuck with people, maybe now they could let us promote this game, that would be great...

and I magine the looks on their faces when they see he's black...

rena-ko
Jul 20, 2005, 08:34 PM
i guess everything that could get said about it and a bit more got said by now. before this thread degenerates into whatever, i'll close it down.