PDA

View Full Version : a force question

trueprophecy
Jul 18, 2005, 11:19 AM
ok i got my HuCast Skyly level 183 and i want to try out a Force.Can someone tell me what Section I.D. i should go for and the type of force.I heard FoNewm is best but i would like some opinions.Thank You in advance. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

trueprophecy
Jul 18, 2005, 11:43 AM
One more thing i forgot to add.Is it true Redria is the best section I.D. for forces becuase they can find God/Tech's and still get some good things that will help a force at the same time or is Pinkal no matter what the only I.D that is good for a force. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

TheOneHero
Jul 18, 2005, 12:11 PM
I know you mean well, but would it hurt you to do a Forum Search (http://www.pso-world.com/searchbb.php)? Or even take a look at the Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php) and see what you would like to hunt?

The sheer laziness is painful to me.

That aside; I suggest whitill, an all around good ID.

Ryna
Jul 18, 2005, 03:13 PM
For a FO, Purplenum Whitill, and Redria tend to work fairly well.

As for the type of FO, that depends on your playing style. FOnewms are good for nuking. FOnewearls for support/tech attacking. FOmarls for support/melee. FOmars for melee.

The best way to find out which one is for you is to try each class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-07-18 13:15 ]</font>

Dana
Jul 18, 2005, 03:47 PM
On 2005-07-18 13:13, Ryna wrote:
For a FO, Purplenum Whitill, and Redria tend to work fairly well.

As for the type of FO, that depends on your playing style. FOnewms are good for nuking. FOnewearls for support/tech attacking. FOmarls for support/melee. FOmars for melee.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2005-07-18 13:15 ]</font>

Yeah..but test each one well, gettig them to lvl 20 isn't going to work, try about 100+ i know it sounds alot, but with a FO(most importantly) it is easy...and you might decide on 6the journy..that and get some nice rares too

Jarek
Jul 18, 2005, 04:31 PM
On 2005-07-18 13:47, Dana_ranger wrote:

On 2005-07-18 13:13, Ryna wrote:

Yeah..but test each one well, gettig them to lvl 20 isn't going to work, try about 100+

I was thinking the same thing. You may get a little of the feel what the char will be like in the early levels, but you won't know how great a (coming from my experience here) fomarl can keep everyone on the team happy and healed relatively easily, have good hp/def to not get bashed easily, and do some melee damage.
Just make sure you read carefully over each forces' distinctive character traits, and try to make an educated guess which char you would like best. The chars are usually split up though between mostly melee(fomar/fomarl), and casting(fonewm/fonewearl)--this usually being the main choice when deciding. Then if you want support capabilities you'd probably choose a female char.
Make a char and try em out, based on what you think you would like best. If it turns out after a 100 levels you don't like that char, you can always choose another. But it's hard to imagine getting all 4 forces to over 100 just the sake of deciding.

Nohra
Jul 18, 2005, 05:05 PM
If you prefer normal attacks to techniques, FOmar/FOmarl.

If you prefer teching to attacking, FOnewm.

If you want to do mostly support, FOnewearl.

FOnewearl are very poor at controlling masses of enemies, since they only have a Simple Tech damage boost, whereas FOnewm are excellent at stopping masses of enemies quickly because of their Gi/Ra tech boosts. If you can get a Magical Piece (which is easy as hell online, just scrape together a few PDs and get a heart key), your Gi techs will do obscene damage (my FOnewm does 500+ damage on average in Ult Forest/Caves). The MST advantage FOnewearl have over FOnewm doesn't translate into a hell of a lot of damage.

Jive18
Jul 18, 2005, 05:37 PM
On 2005-07-18 15:05, Nohra wrote:

The MST advantage FOnewearl have over FOnewm doesn't translate into a hell of a lot of damage.

An example of this is when I played my FOnewm with my friend's FOnewearl (same char. and tech level) - while her basic tech's did about 40-50 more damage my Ra's were easily doing 150+ damage more than her. I then realized having my 'newm was totally worth it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Longtime_play
Jul 18, 2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah i wish i had asked hear before stating my FOnewearl offline only mostly, as was said earlier, the extra mst doesnt necassarily mean she is better at attacking.

dont know how to spell necasar........ oh i dunno

Spellbinder
Jul 18, 2005, 07:06 PM
Peronsally, I think the debate between FOnewearl and FOnewmen is pretty moot since, with the right gear, either one can be very good whether you want to nuke or support. The only question between these two I'd ask is if you want a boy or a girl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2005-07-18 17:06 ]</font>

Nohra
Jul 18, 2005, 07:17 PM
On 2005-07-18 17:06, Spellbinder wrote:
Peronsally, I think the debate between FOnewearl and FOnewmen is pretty moot since, with the right gear, either one can be very good whether you want to nuke or support. The only question between these two I'd ask is if you want a boy or a girl.

Yes, let's completely ignore the fact that the FOnewearl has a 2x Resta/Anti range and access to female-only FO gear that boosts R/A and S/D range, the fact that the FOnewm has 400 more ATP than the FOnewearl and in a pinch CAN melee or gun, and let's also ignore the fact that the FOnewm's bonus to Gi techs greatly boosts the damage that the second most powerful set of techs IN THE GAME already do...

And focus on whether or not you want a male or a female character.

That's like arguing that the difference between a RAmarl and a RAmar is gender. Even though the RAmarl's tech cap is five levels higher, and they get JZ, which the RAmar doesn't. Not to mention the RAmar has the worst MST in the game and can't even equip a Holy Ray. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif