PDA

View Full Version : Very... late... rant... (spoilers)

Sharkyland
Jul 19, 2005, 12:04 AM
- Before I saw pictures of Yuna from Final Fantasy X, I had a character with a blue and purple eye (Yuna is the first character I have seen with different colored eyes).
- Before there was Rupika, I had Pink Mag.
- Before I watched or heard of Naruto, I had this one ninja comic...

Either someone is reading my mind or I am very, very slow in producing my work... meh, I guess it's more like the rant, UNGH I WISH I GOT IT OUT SOONER TYPE rant. -.-

Though my drawing sucks back then, and it sucks even now. :/ (Yes, some of you think my artwork is good, but I still greatly need to improve in certain areas.)

Skuda
Jul 19, 2005, 12:17 AM
I hear you sharky. I've ran into the same trouble with creations.

I'll come up with an idea, tell a friend, and bam! "oh, that happened in this game", "oh, I saw that in this show."

I guess, even if it looks like you're copying someone's work, try to put a crazy spin on it. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

InfinityXXX
Jul 19, 2005, 09:45 AM
In a comic i once made, i had a person named shiek. I got the name because of in the Sotho Tribe in Africa and I think in India, the chief is usually called that.

My person that was named shiek was a king of a land in my comic but as soon as i showed it to my friends they were like, "OMG YOU STOLE THAT FROM ZELDA!." So i had to change the name. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anyways in my PSO comic(i'm gonna post ep.2 sometime this week) the main character has one blue eye and one gold eye. Now i did get that idea from yuna but she doesn't have a gold eye. Mwhahahaha, so there....

SpikeOtacon
Jul 19, 2005, 09:51 AM
It's the same with almost every idea anyone comes up with. It seems that someone higher up will already have that idea and is coming out with the product containing that idea way before you even get yours on paper.

That's why you need to copyright EVERYTHING. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Dhylec
Jul 19, 2005, 01:35 PM
Sharkyland wrote:
- Before I saw pictures of Yuna from Final Fantasy X, I had a character with a blue and purple eye (Yuna is the first character I have seen with different colored eyes).

well, i don't know if you are into fighting games..
shiki, from snk samurai series, has 2-colored eyes
she's an old char, but not very popular since she appeared in limited games

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2005, 05:14 PM
When I finished making "Ultimate Hunters", I was told about "Samurai Deeper Kyo". Made me feel like my fanfiction was a poor rip-off of it.

But so what? Just be yourself, and find that excellent formula of originality, in which nobody can transmit your work like you.

Wyndham
Jul 19, 2005, 10:11 PM
I had a whole theory on parallel universes that i made up.
but it already existed.
three years of work (i startted it when i was 5) gone to waste.

Eomer
Jul 19, 2005, 10:51 PM
All ideas, no matter how great, have existed before.

Sorry, but it's true, I've had to flush most of my greatest songs down the toilet because some yahoo i've never heard of wrote the riff first.

Like Alan Parsons said:

cOULD IT BE
tHAT SOMEBODY ELSE IS
lOOKING INTO MY MIND
sOME OTHER PLACE
sOMEWHERE
sOME OTHER TIME