PDA

View Full Version : PSU for Revolution?

kevlar_pso
Jul 20, 2005, 03:13 PM
I had read a rumor in a mag, that PSU may come to a next gen system, possibly Revolution. Can any1 corroborate this?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 20, 2005, 03:20 PM
All I've been hearing is PS2 and PC.

Blitzkommando
Jul 20, 2005, 03:21 PM
Currently it is only listed for PS2 and PC release. It could run on a next-gen console yes, but it wouldn't look next-gen. But for right now there is no planned release for Revolution, Gamecube, Xbox, Xbox360, or PS3. Just PS2 and PC.

digigram
Jul 20, 2005, 09:53 PM
Given PSO's history, it will come out on PSP,PS2,GC,NRV,XBOX360,PS3, your microwave as PSU+, and atari 2600.

RoninJoku
Jul 21, 2005, 01:34 AM
Sonic team has not denied the possibility... In fact, they have stated that they would like to see it on a next-gen, but they would only do it after the console had been out for a year+ and saw promise for an online game such as PSU...

ghost_zero
Jul 21, 2005, 02:07 PM
Well... Sonic Team is subsidiary company of Sega, isn't it?

If so look here what Sega says about Revolution:
http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8039

I would say that so it might be possible to see PSU for Revolution too...

Rubesahl
Jul 21, 2005, 02:29 PM
Honestly, I want ST to take it easy O_o What do I mean? I don't want what happened to the original PSO to happen all over again...

PSO was released more than 4 years ago! And what we're playing right now on our PCs is just a buffed up version of the original DC version. Don't take me wrong, I LOVE PSO, it's my fav online game and if I didn't like it as much as I do, I wouldn't be playing PSOBB after playing all the previous versions (Including JPN PC Ver.2). But the facts are there, in all these years Sega hasn't improved the engine at all. And what about little updates that actually make a difference as a whole? For example, it took them till PSO BB to add a 'Back' option in the ship/block selection -gasp- O_O;; And what about ending a quest and going back to the lobby? Can't there be an option (if not default) to reload P2 after the quest finishes with everyone on the team together? And what about at least more randomness in the old stages? For example, Forest O_o (Though i don't really know how random that can get ¬__¬;; ) But even the monsters spawn in THE SAME AREAS. And what about that box in Forest 1? the one behind behind electric bars? There's a 98.9% chance you'll get a telepipe from it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That part of the code is probably all dusty since it's never been touched since it was made XD

Anyways, I want PSU to be the last game of the current generation. It looks v-nice and looks even nicer on PC, a great improvement from PSO but I don't want it to go on a 4 year trip on all the next gen consoles and like someone said, ur microwave oven too O_o;; I want PSU to last considerably and have them move on to next gen afterwards. Not having something like FFXI on XB360 happen =__=;; Which is quite... unattractive. It's like "Oh my God!! Look at how Quake 4 looks! man this is awesome!" -gets an invite from friend to play FFXI and switches to that game- "=__=;; wtf is going on here? How come this suddelly looks so bad... >_>" And HOW MUCH an FFXI improve graphically? Nothing personal, the game has really good designs but if you already have a high end PC, how much difference will you see in XB360? O_o

Bottomline, PSU, stay on PS2 and PC >_> I'll get you for PC and you'll look beautiful in mine ^_^

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 03:24 AM
I can see it going next-gen, maybe as PSU ep<insert number(s) here>, it all depends on demand, since PSU for PS2 doesn't have HDD (still not sure if its 100% proven that its not supported), you can imagine that they could only do so much with the information stored on the DVD's....unless they release them in 2 dual layer discs(1 for offline and another for online) which could last a very long time, but that also costs more as well.

The only time I think Sega could settle with not having to have another PSO/U game that needs constant expansions is if they move it to PS3 using their Blu-ray technology, 30(or was it 40) gigs of disc space is more than enough to last a game for 5 years or more.

BTW are those pics taken from the PC or PS2 version? because the in-game movies for PS2 that were shown still look fabulous IMO.

ghost_zero
Jul 22, 2005, 05:24 AM
I don't know if I will buy the game for PC or if I might buy a PS3 and buy it then or if I will hope that the game comes out on Revolution - I know that I will buy that console but not sure of the other 2 (they will probably both be too expensive for me suggesting buying them)...

SubstanceD
Jul 24, 2005, 01:10 PM
It's my understanding that the whole entire reason why PSU is ( at least for now ) exclusive to PC and PS2 is because these 2 formats have the largest user base. Sega are devolping this game under the impression that all PS2 owners out there that are even remotely interested in Online games will buy PSU and that they will have more customers then they had on the Gamecube or the Xbox.

The reason why it is not next gen ( PS3, XBOx 360 or Revolution ) is that these consoles aren't even out yet and it will be qutite some time before any of them will have sold as much as the PS2 has. It's all about which console has the widest user base, nothing else.

Nash
Jul 24, 2005, 03:04 PM
It's impossible to predict anything with Sega at the moment, they've been a real mess since the Sammy takeover.

I'm just glad we're getting PSU at all!

VioletSkye
Jul 24, 2005, 03:23 PM
who knows, maybe PSU ver. 2, PSU Ep.1&2, PSU Ep.3, PSU+ or PSUBB will be on one of the next gen systems lol http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Seriously though, if it does well (and I hope it does) its logical to expect that it may arrive on other consoles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2005-07-24 14:36 ]</font>