PDA

View Full Version : GCN BBA and Internet Sharing (Mac OS X)

ShinChuck
Jul 21, 2005, 02:19 AM
For the life of me, I can't get connected to PSO. I've got my BBA connected to my laptop, a 867mhz PowerBook G4 running system 10.3.9. I've got internet sharing turned on and I'm running dial-up (All2Easy and Juno both, although I intend to get rid of Juno and it's darn hourly timeouts unless it works). I've tried every configuration I could think of, both on my computer and on PSO, without any luck.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing is that I've made the connection previously, maybe about a year ago, and played PSO using my computer's dial-up - could my ISP be the problem? It's not the same one I had then. I suppose it's also possible that I'm using 10.3.9 now - I believe I had 10.2.x at the time. I've got both Episodes 1 & 2 and Plus, but I haven't had luck with either.

I'm terribly sorry if this has been covered. I've been searching for hours, wading through FAQs, boards and Google, so it's likely I'm just getting tired and overlooking the obvious. I do appreciate any help! ^-^

Edit, 11 JUL 2008: I didn't want to bump a super-old topic, but just on the odd chance someone does a search on this subject, I thought I'd mention the results: system 10.3 and up changes some things and apparently doesn't allow you to trick your BBA into thinking it's got a broadband connection by sending your dial-up through a computer then over an ethernet cable. Bummer. :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinChuck on 2005-07-21 00:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinChuck on 2005-07-21 21:28 ]</font>

Tavia
Jul 30, 2005, 04:04 AM
Please forgive me if this is an insulting question, as it's not intended to be. Also, if you answered it already in your post and I missed it, I apologize, for I'm quite tired myself! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

To the best of my knowledge, your Mac model doesn't require a crossover cable because it's modern enough for that. (For those PC users who don't know about this, more recent Mac machines can automatically do what a crossover cable does for you.) Nonetheless, have you tried using a crossover cable? If not or even if so, is your current configuration 100% identical to the one you had that worked previously?