PDA

View Full Version : PSU Artist?

Aeralea
Jul 21, 2005, 09:16 AM
I just wondered - is anyone certain if they got the same lady (I think?) back from PSO to do the art for PSU?

I'm not sure from what I've seen so far - then again I probably haven't seen as much as most of you here.

*mutters something about over-abundant-belt-syndrome and blames nomura tetsuya*

Sidenote: I really liked the ep 1&2 style art best - when she moved on to 3 and started doing a bit more anime-ish coloring it just seemed to make it.. less unique. I liked the puffy stuff. X )

Just curious : )

Rubius-sama
Jul 21, 2005, 02:31 PM
Yeah they hired me...>_>;;

HEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN I SUCK?!?!?!?!!111 >:(

Aeralea
Jul 22, 2005, 09:27 AM
Seriously? Amazing!!

Nono - you don't suck at all!!

The work is quite good - I was just wondering if the lady from before'd changed her style. I like what you're doing - It's just good to know she's doing what she is because it's something I don't see very often. Yours -is- wonderful and the technical skill is amazing. : )

Like I said before - I just like puffy coloring!! XD

So did you do the ep3 art too?

On 2005-07-21 12:31, Rubius-sama wrote:
Yeah they hired me...>_>;;

HEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN I SUCK?!?!?!?!!111 >:(

Rubius-sama
Jul 22, 2005, 11:31 AM
W3WT!! XD

I thought the ep3 art was actually pretty good...but ep1&2 still owns...very unique. Here's hoping they keep the original style. Just won't feel the same without.

RoninJoku
Jul 22, 2005, 02:16 PM
Errr?... Well anyway... The very small bits of blurry concept art I've seen look pretty similar... I don't know if they kept the same girl though... Whoever designs the new outfits Seems to be someone different... Hence all the glowy patches on the clothing... hmm...

Split
Jul 23, 2005, 11:13 PM
On 2005-07-22 12:16, RurouniJoku wrote:
Errr?... Well anyway... The very small bits of blurry concept art I've seen look pretty similar... I don't know if they kept the same girl though... Whoever designs the new outfits Seems to be someone different... Hence all the glowy patches on the clothing... hmm...

neheheheh...HOBOmar...neheheheh.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 24, 2005, 11:59 AM
I think it was somebody different for the episode 2 art. the art style looks just slightly different to me. But I think episode 3 had the same artist as 2. Haha, listen to me, I sound like such a know it all. Really, this is all just in my opinion, yo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Puppet_Papaya on 2005-07-24 09:59 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 25, 2005, 03:06 AM
Hope the artbook is worth it.

Alielle
Jul 25, 2005, 03:29 AM
Ep I and II's character art was done by Akikazu Mizuno. He's a dude, sorry. :/

Not sure about Ep III, but I'm pretty sure it's a completely different artist. The style is too different, and the recent art that's come out for PSOBB still looks like the same style.

PSU's character art resembles Mizuno's style for sure, but I'm not sure if he's still doing the concept art. (I would bet on "yes.")

Aeralea
Jul 25, 2005, 09:01 PM
On 2005-07-25 01:29, Alielle wrote:
Ep I and II's character art was done by Akikazu Mizuno. He's a dude, sorry. :/

Not sure about Ep III, but I'm pretty sure it's a completely different artist. The style is too different, and the recent art that's come out for PSOBB still looks like the same style.

PSU's character art resembles Mizuno's style for sure, but I'm not sure if he's still doing the concept art. (I would bet on "yes.")

Ah - cool thanks! : )