PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER vs FORCE (what do you think is better in your opinion

trueprophecy
Jul 21, 2005, 07:54 PM
topic and please state why you think so and what section I.D. you prefer for the class you voted for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trueprophecy on 2005-07-21 18:15 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 21, 2005, 07:57 PM
Could you edit your title/post to make the thread a little more specific? Are we choosing a HU or FO for general gameplay? challenge mode? battle mode? etc...

trueprophecy
Jul 21, 2005, 08:04 PM
all together in gameplay like offline and online in quests and all that just NOT challenge mode

Blitzkommando
Jul 21, 2005, 08:07 PM
What you are asking is impossible. Neither is better than the other. A person can have more fun playing as one or another, but neither class is better than the other. For a team it is good to have both. PSO is a team game, and every class plays its part in helping the team prosper.

Eomer
Jul 21, 2005, 08:07 PM
What if we don't like either?

trueprophecy
Jul 21, 2005, 08:12 PM
if you read what i wrote i said what do you like better not what IS better

Blitzkommando
Jul 21, 2005, 08:33 PM
On 2005-07-21 18:12, trueprophecy wrote:
if you read what i wrote i said what do you like better not what IS better

And as I said you ask an impossible question. I like Ranger, Hunter, and Forces equally. Not that difficult to understand.

Zalran
Jul 21, 2005, 09:06 PM
I have to agree with BLITZKOMMANDO. Because my cousin,my friend, and myself all have different types
of characters.

trueprophecy
Jul 21, 2005, 09:09 PM
so i said what do you like to play with not ur friends

Zalran
Jul 21, 2005, 09:18 PM
it dosen't really matter what I think is best because
well... it just doesn't matter.

But I perfer close combat so i'm a humar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zalran on 2005-07-21 19:20 ]</font>

Saigan
Jul 21, 2005, 10:02 PM
Personally I'm a big FOmar kinda guy... But I do play the other classes for variety. That, and FOmar can't use Berdysh... which I adore.

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 12:00 AM
Being a RAmar/Humar in playing style, I have to go with Hunters, I never was much for magic, it just doesn't fit my playing style for PSO or any other RPG for that matter, i'm a hunter at heart, but I like RAmar because he can balance both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kazuma56 on 2005-07-22 00:47 ]</font>

Ketsueki
Jul 22, 2005, 12:11 AM
Forces with Oran are the best my fave charcachter is a FOmar with Oran ID.

AxelgearVII
Jul 22, 2005, 01:09 AM
I like all 3 classes alot but if I had to choose Id have to say that Im a Hunter at heart.Fighting is in my blood and I cant stifle it to stand back and just play support. As is evident in the fact that I balance both support and fighting in my melee FOmar. (Who I hope I can make a little bit more unique this time around on BB) http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fossil
Jul 22, 2005, 01:33 AM
I've never really been a hunter guy. But if I had to choose, I'd pick my FOnewearl over everyone. Probably for the simple fact she's higher than any hunter I've ever had, so I'm yet to experience a high leveled huner. ;o

Fanta
Jul 22, 2005, 02:19 AM
Oh lets see...
I think it would have to be HU. I have 2 HUs, 1 RA, 1 FO and I like all of them my FO is kewl but my HU is a lot stronger and generally easier to play with for my half hearted days of playing.

Dana
Jul 22, 2005, 02:54 AM
hmm, i would say all the HUs win...Sorry for FO's...well

i mean
Solo
HUne wins solo for HU
Then i would say
FOne come next
it's hard for me to says...hmmm,
HUcast/FOnewm
and i would say
HUcl/FOml(never has a HUcl so can't be accurate)
and then FOmar
with HUmar lastly and with reason:(
hmm, last one i am not sure about..it's hard for me to choose between

HUmar, HUcaseal, FOmar as have never trained then to a high level, and i have never touched a HUmar/Caseal!

Kaio666
Jul 22, 2005, 06:18 AM
HU all the way. hucaseal specifically. but all classes have their strong points, and high level forces with good techs will make you wish you had never been born lol. personally though swords and bladed weaps are my thing so HUs as a matter of preference.

zemerrock
Jul 22, 2005, 08:08 AM
personaly i like the forces more because i have always been a mage type fan. that and my force (lvl 24 sora fonewerl) is great. shes doing hard mode already and is using things like the branch of pakupaku. but then again my best char is a ranger so i guess i could go ether way seeing as i use every type of char.

o and if your wondering what her mst is its 615...lvl 200 mind only mag helps alot.

GreenArcher
Jul 22, 2005, 09:13 AM
I'd have to say my favorite class is FOmar. This character leaves a lot of options. Put on a magical piece and throw your fireballs around! Grab a soul banish and melee! FOmars are fun http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (2nd favorite would be RAmarl)

Sitka
Jul 22, 2005, 04:33 PM
I'm really enjoying playing the Hucast and being the guy right there stumbling over the red box drop rather than the support/ranger hanging in the back watching all the hunters grab the drops.

I had a lvl 200 Racast on xbox and have raised several 150+ forces, but it was getting into some serious challenge mode play that really got me into playing hucasts/hucaseals - and now I love them.

Boss fights can be tough without the support when you're playing solo, but with a team giving you help, it's nice to be the master of disaster.

When I do force, I prefer fonewearls and fonewms cuz they can handle themselves pretty well whether giving support or aggressively clearing the map. Again, a style I learned from playing a lot of challenge.

trueprophecy
Jul 22, 2005, 05:51 PM
ok thanks everyone for your posts i am the origanol pster if your wondering and now i just want to say one thing becuase i never said my opinion.

I voted for Hunter because of 3 reasons.

1.Using all the cool rares like yamigarasu(best item i got) and soul banish is just the coolest thing.

2.When i play with forces and a rare drops there always in the back while im up close and i get the rare http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

3.Pure power is my thing.

All the hunters can you answer one more question....

Whats your favorite class of hunter?

Sitka
Jul 22, 2005, 06:12 PM
Hucast - Hucaseal - Humar - Hunewearl

In that order

Ya, from all that c-modin.

Dana
Jul 22, 2005, 08:55 PM
HUne-HUcast-HUcaseal-HUmar

in that order¬_¬
but to be honest..
i don;t like HUmars at all!

trueprophecy
Jul 22, 2005, 09:23 PM
why dont you like humars they have better atp then all other hunters exept hucast and they can heal themselfs so to me humar/hucast are =

Lord_Lex
Jul 22, 2005, 10:36 PM
Both are good in they own ways but have they downside too. Hunters are good for going in an kicking butt and get to use alot of heavy weapons. Force are good for long range attacks and healing and they can use all three weapons types lucky lol. The downside of both Hunters are not good in magic and Force have low defence

Lord_Lex
Jul 22, 2005, 10:42 PM
I like hunters a little bit more then force b/c I love power and swords and hunters have both lol but force get really cool card weapons and canes come on CANES lol and then again i love swords mores

Rubesahl
Jul 22, 2005, 11:23 PM
Both are cool, but I've really always mainly been a force, specifically FOnewm. (I dunno why everyone make theirs like midgets though, plus they look horrendous. Ppl have such bad taste http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )i love using techs (even though it's somewhat monotonous, I always wondered why St didn't add more spells -___-;;; baka... ) I also preffer the FOnewms design, ramar and fomar being 2nd, I honestly dont like humars, but that's just me. I dont really preffer any section id...

Dana
Jul 23, 2005, 12:14 AM
On 2005-07-22 20:36, Lord_Lex wrote:
Force have low defence

My FOmarl has 1200+ Def http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Drayma
Jul 23, 2005, 12:47 AM
A good topic would be which is better? ranger and force or hunter and force? If yo have a ranger with charge shot and a force with average techs and uses them its so easy to go through levels. They pick up the meseta and the force picks up the fluids.

PJ
Jul 23, 2005, 09:47 AM
My favourite (And my personal opinion for best) in normal play
Hunters

HUmar - HUcast - HUnewearl - HUcasea

Same as before, only Challenge

HUcast/HUmar (HUmar is totally underrated) - HUcaseal (With HUcaseal being overrated) - HUnewearl

Same as before, normal play, Forces

FOmar - FOnewm - FOnewearl - FOmarl

Same as before, Challenge

FOmar (Surprising choice, but I have my reasons) - FOnewearl - FOmarl - FOnewm

Shiva91
Jul 23, 2005, 11:01 AM
OMG FONEWEARL <3 best char ever XD love the high MST potential and Simple tech boost(and of course the megid) overall she is just plain cute =D

trueprophecy
Jul 23, 2005, 02:55 PM
i only put hunter and force because i think rangers are to boring. lol just my opinion. thanks for your posts any more opinions out there?

Kazlan
Jul 24, 2005, 07:40 PM
my favorite is Fonewearl and I like Hucasts too.

Patjas
Jul 25, 2005, 07:09 PM
I like HUnters better cuz I like power and close-range, but then again I haven't tried out a FOrce yet. I've only played 2 types of HUnters: HUmar and HUcast. I like the HUcast cause it has awesome power, can see and use traps, but I also like the HUmar cause they can use techs to heal themselves and use ryuker for a telepipe without actually using one... I just don't like the fact that they can't see traps. I don't like how androids can't use techs, but theres always a downside. I'd go with HUcast for my fave, though.