PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: Discussion about some obscure Ep4 items

Hrith
Jul 22, 2005, 03:55 PM
-V501:
It says it increases the efficiency of special attacks, but how, exactly?

There are two ways special attacks can be boosted.
1) all special attacks have an inherent accuracy, from 60% to 80% the accuracy of a hard attack .
So, does V501 increase the accuracy of the special, being useful for any special attack, then?
And does this affect non-regular specials ?
(Lavis, Orotiagito, Gal Wind, Berdysh, Tsumikiri J-Sword, Dark Flow, Dark Meteor, Vjaya, Belra Cannon, Drill Launcher, Commander Blade, Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen, Heaven Punisher and similar, Plantain Fan/Plantain Huge Fan, Twin Psychogun, Windmill)

2) some special attacks (Ice, Frost, Freeze, Blizzard, Bind, Hold, Seize, Arrest, Panic, Riot, Havoc, Chaos, Dim, Shadow, Dark, Hell, Devil's, Demon's, to name them) have an inherent success rate.
Does V501 increase that success rate? making the unit useless on a lot of weapons, but even more terrific on weapons like Spread Needle, Ano Rifle, Rainbow Baton, etc.

-V502:
What does this do? better version of V501, or boosts differently? (see explanation of V501)

-Divine Protection:
After we thought this unit doubled LCK, and boosted EDK/ELT by 20 on beats starting with an even digit, here came the description: "Doubles the wearer's LCK, and increases light or dark resistance by 20, depending on the time of day"
"Or"...
My guess is that the unit doubles your LCK all the time, boosts EDK by 20 on beats starting with an odd digit and ELT by 20 on beats starting with an even digit.

Any thoughts/help?

Tycho
Jul 22, 2005, 03:57 PM
EDK at odd, ELT at even? Why this way and not the other way around?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Jul 22, 2005, 04:02 PM
EDK at odd, ELT at even? Why this way and not the other way around?

Good Question. 666 (The devils Number) is even,and 7(Opposite devils number,lol) is odd. I'm puzzled.

Rageous
Jul 22, 2005, 04:52 PM
555 is the number of man >_>

Bot-Bot
Jul 22, 2005, 04:55 PM
555 is the begining of fake phone numbers? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Fanta
Jul 22, 2005, 04:58 PM
This is not FKL, but thats where itll be going!

BB Items AGAIN! Damn you guys tease a lot!

Skorpius
Jul 22, 2005, 06:40 PM
Another possibility is that V501 might boost specials up by one level, bringing Red Sword to Arrest, or Last Survivor to Gush for example.

And maybe V502 does 2 levels instead of one.

Divine Protection might use 0-499, 500-999 instead of evens and odds, to signify day and night (light and dark).

tetujin
Jul 22, 2005, 06:52 PM
Kefs theory I think is more plausible. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

kazuma56
Jul 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
yea skorpius said what I assumed V501/2 would do, but Kef's example was something I also considered.... honestly I hope it just increases the chance of the special to hit rather than boosting its type (devils-demons etc), because RAngers, expecially those that don't have high ATA like the RAmar, can mimic his uber ATA using the same weapon, but then the RAmar would be propelled even further than them with it equipped so.....

PJ
Jul 22, 2005, 11:09 PM
On 2005-07-22 16:40, Skorpius wrote:
Another possibility is that V501 might boost specials up by one level, bringing Red Sword to Arrest, or Last Survivor to Gush for example.

And maybe V502 does 2 levels instead of one.

Wouldn't that make them useless for weapons at the max levels/SRanks? Or would they go above those set levels?

Interesting thought http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skorpius
Jul 23, 2005, 12:02 AM
It would probably make them useless, if that were the case.

Hrith
Jul 23, 2005, 05:21 AM
Skorpius's thoughts are very interesting.

Thanks for the inputs.

@Tycho, if you want, I don't care ;o

@Skorpius, if it makes Lv 4 specials useless, then I doubt it.
What about Devil's, Charge and Spirit, though ? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
If it boosted Devil's to Demon's, the weapons with unreduced Devil's (Demolition Comet, Black King Bar and Flight cutter) would become excessively good, lol.
And if it took Spirit to Berserk... gib Flowen 3084?

About the 000-499 - 500-999, interesting, too, but I also doubt it, for several reasons:
-it makes the change from EDK to ELT boost a lot more reliable, that's not like ST >_>
-one person sleeps during 300+ beats (ok, Not Tycho, he never sleeps), thus never experiencing the other half of his item @_@

Thanks for the thoughts, though.

V501 is really easy to test... if you have one <_<

Tycho
Jul 23, 2005, 06:47 AM
I REALLY doubt Spirit could be boosted to Berserk. Have you ever tried to tekk a Spirit weapon? While you can tekk a Devil's weapon to Demon's, you cannot tekk a Spirit weapon to Berserk.
The 'increase the special by a level' theory is interesting too, that way it could work on drain specials as well. But I'm hoping it will just increase the effectiveness rate (... ER?) or specials that have one (Blizzard/Arrest/Chaos).
This would make sense in that this would only affect specials that are not supposed to work all the time, even if they are not reduced and if the ATA vs enemy EVP is perfect.
I'm hoping it would be possible, because if so, androids with V501/V502 and weapons with unreduced fourth level stat ailment specials would rock. x_x