PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connection Sharing

PJ
Jul 22, 2005, 06:48 PM
Ok, Ryna helped me get my Gamecube online a few months ago, by installing Internet Connection Sharing.

But the whole time, it frequently restarted my computer with a blue screen with ICS Error, usually when I turned on/off the GC with my cable attached. And sometimes just randomly restarts whenever which is what I'm more worried about.

Now, our computer has just been reformatted (Before, 28,000+ threats), and I need to reinstall the internet connection sharing to get online on PSO, but I'm worried that it'll do the restarting stuff again. Anyone know anything about it?

Ryna
Jul 22, 2005, 07:59 PM
That will depend on a few things Super_Chao such as the OS you are using and the networks cards in the system. It would probably be easier if you IMed me to help you set that up again.

PJ
Jul 22, 2005, 10:05 PM
Heh, well, I'm not allowed to download AIM anyways, so chatting isn't an option

Although I installed ICS without any restarting so far, although I haven't actually tested it. I need to find the drivers for my ethernet adaptor (Which, when my parents moved my room, lost the small box with the disk in it >_>)

EDIT: Actually, I installed it, and now my antivirus asks whenever my GC tries to connect if I can permit the connection, and doesn't restart the computer. Neat. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-07-23 20:56 ]</font>