PDA

View Full Version : what is better in YOUR opinion everyone HUcast or HUmar?

trueprophecy
Jul 22, 2005, 08:39 PM
ok this is a follow up from my other topic and now that i know im going to be making a hunter and not a force ill i need to know is what is better in YOUR opinion everyone HUcast or HUmar

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2005-07-22 18:55 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jul 22, 2005, 08:53 PM
if you want power, hucast
if you want more balance, humar

but, really, it's all about play style - find yours!

Dana
Jul 22, 2005, 08:58 PM
HUcast!

HUmars...well they.......arn' as good¬_¬

Blitzkommando
Jul 22, 2005, 09:18 PM
Hucast simply because of Sephiroth clones.

PJ
Jul 22, 2005, 09:58 PM
HUmar.

Better accuracy potential/growth (Albeit, not much. But enough to make a difference)

A decent MST max (Considering the difference in power is only very minimal, 732 MST > 0 MST)

Both have excellent power stats

Although HUcast has Traps to replace MST (Duh) and I believe the best trap growth in the game.

They've got tradeoffs, but I believe in the end HUmar is a better class in the end. Although it's my favourite Hunter class, so I may be a bit biased http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Jason
Jul 22, 2005, 10:49 PM
On 2005-07-22 19:58, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
HUmar.

Better accuracy potential/growth (Albeit, not much. But enough to make a difference)

A decent MST max (Considering the difference in power is only very minimal, 732 MST > 0 MST)

Although HUcast has Traps to replace MST (Duh) and I believe the best trap growth in the game.

They've got tradeoffs, but I believe in the end HUmar is a better class in the end. Although it's my favourite Hunter class, so I may be a bit biased http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Like he (or she) said.

Dana
Jul 22, 2005, 11:53 PM
On 2005-07-22 19:58, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
HUmar.

actually, HUcast has more ata potential(not actual base but)...200 is HUmar right.....HUcast is 191..well, s-parts is a nice boost of 15¬_¬, that puts it to 206..not much but enough to make a difference ....right?

HUcast
Power
Defense
ATA
HP
Lvl 3 Shifta and deband do alot more than they will on Humar over there!
and so will that shifta 21..not to meNtion 81!!!!

Humar
MST( O.o go figure)
EVP(an di find evading with hunters more annoying than taking a tiny bit of damage)
Resta(ok this one is a big help for HUmar)
Jellen/Zalure...not enought to make a big difference

ADE
Jul 23, 2005, 12:13 AM
I don't think any of the classes were designed to be "better" than the others. Each has their own share of situations in which they are more/less useful.

Fanta
Jul 23, 2005, 03:26 AM
HUmars are more balanced. They also have spells. Resta so need need to worry about Mates. Gizonde, to easily open boxes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HUcasts drastically lean towards power. Which is also good in its own right. You kill enemies quicker.

I prefere HUmar.

Dana
Jul 23, 2005, 04:14 AM
On 2005-07-23 01:26, Fanta wrote:
Gizonde, to easily open boxes http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hehe, you too

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Skorpius
Jul 23, 2005, 05:32 AM
HUmar solo.
HUcast on teams.

PJ
Jul 23, 2005, 07:42 AM
On 2005-07-22 21:53, Dana_ranger wrote:
actually, HUcast has more ata potential(not actual base but)...200 is HUmar right.....HUcast is 191..well, s-parts is a nice boost of 15?_?, that puts it to 206..not much but enough to make a difference ....right?

I don't think an item that drops at a rate of 10xxx out of normal mode is fair to add to the equation >_>

EVP(an di find evading with hunters more annoying than taking a tiny bit of damage)
Resta(ok this one is a big help for HUmar)
Jellen/Zalure...not enought to make a big difference

No damage is worse than taking damage?

Have you used a HUmars Jellen and Zalure? That's all they really need (Although I use all the HUmars techniques, unlike most people who play him like an android ._.). It easily makes a difference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-07-23 05:45 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Jul 23, 2005, 09:22 AM
HUcast for pure traps, power and berserk.

HUmar for spirit specials.

<__<'

trueprophecy
Jul 23, 2005, 02:51 PM
thanks everyone for your posts anyone else got any more opinions?

SquashDemon
Jul 23, 2005, 04:36 PM
HUmar, aside from being able to nuke the opposition with techs, they also have a more balanced growth potential, HUcasts have a very stunted evade stat and therefore can't block attacks very well, not to mention that HUcast's traps are useless untill about level 5 when they can equip handguns to detonate them. In the event of HUmar VS HUcast HUmar would win with ease, by spanking the HUcast with techs.

On a more personal note, HUmars look cooler, they have Faces and hair! if HUcasts had the option to have an actual face and hair, they might not seem so silly looking to me.

The SquashDemon has spoken!

Thalui89
Jul 23, 2005, 04:51 PM
humar= noobmar

altho u cant really judge them since they r designed for different things. Raw power or balaced. depends what u prefer.

Saiffy
Jul 23, 2005, 04:54 PM
On 2005-07-23 14:51, Thalui89 wrote:
humar= noobmar

altho u cant really judge them since they r designed for different things. Raw power or balaced. depends what u prefer.

Care to explain why it makes you a noob for using a HUmar? Rather than just what the look like?

Thalui89
Jul 23, 2005, 05:08 PM
it doesnt make u a noob, just a large majority of new players use em as they are a gud starting char.

Dana
Jul 23, 2005, 05:34 PM
they don't make as good of a character in a team

and thats what make HUcast better IMO

SquashDemon
Jul 23, 2005, 05:44 PM
who is this strange man calling Humars noobs?
I've personally seen more RAcasts acting like noobs than HUmars acting like noobs

-Edit-
sorry didn't see your second post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SquashDemon on 2005-07-23 15:47 ]</font>

Fanta
Jul 23, 2005, 07:19 PM
humar= noobmar

HUmars are so under-rated!

PJ
Jul 23, 2005, 09:55 PM
On 2005-07-23 15:34, Dana_ranger wrote:

Why not? A fact isn't a fact without a reason :l

Traps? Assuming we have a well balanced team, we'll already have the best team Ranger using traps anyways, and able to set them off himself. And, as I said, second strongest Hunter is nothing short of amazing. Resta can heal themselves and others infinite (Ballhouse figure http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) times before running out of fluids, casts can do it about 20 (Unless they want to waste their overly expensive and not often coming Star Atomizers).

Both are excellent classes, the comments that just say, "HUmar sucks," lack... reason. Or actual truth.

TheOneHero
Jul 23, 2005, 10:19 PM
Screw 'em both. Get a Hucaseal.

I'd rather stare at a girl's ass for hours on end than a guy's. But if you aren't planning on getting this character up to high levels/spend hours hunting for items, then I would reccomend a Humar, PJ put it very well as to why you should.

I haven't played much with my Hucast, but playing with my Humar is much more fun to me; and that's SOLEY the only reason you should choose whoever you choose.

Play who you want to play because they're fun, not because we told you to pick so-and-so.

PJ
Jul 23, 2005, 10:34 PM
I would say the reasons why not for HUcaseal, but that's off topic XD

Fanta
Jul 23, 2005, 10:36 PM
On 2005-07-23 20:34, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I would say the reasons why not for HUcaseal, but that's off topic XD

Yer but so is not mentioning something on topic.

Anyway, I agree with TOH, personally preference.
As I have stated HUmar for me. For another it is HUcast. For someone else they might not like and/or have ANY HU characters at all.

Dana
Jul 23, 2005, 11:35 PM
On 2005-07-23 19:55, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-07-23 15:34, Dana_ranger wrote:

Why not? A fact isn't a fact without a reason :l

Traps? Assuming we have a well balanced team, we'll already have the best team Ranger using traps anyways, and able to set them off himself. And, as I said, second strongest Hunter is nothing short of amazing. Resta can heal themselves and others infinite (Ballhouse figure http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) times before running out of fluids, casts can do it about 20 (Unless they want to waste their overly expensive and not often coming Star Atomizers).

Both are excellent classes, the comments that just say, "HUmar sucks," lack... reason. Or actual truth.

well
you know
Higher DEF
Higher ATP
Higher ATA(s-parts)
Higher HP
No need for mst(the FO is your resta)
Traps

VS

Lower DEF, ATP, ATA, HP
oh noes, higher EP and mst

¬_¬ what evp goona do when a room full for morfos and sinow are tearing though you!

Saiffy
Jul 24, 2005, 12:00 AM
Both DFP and EVP are really useless anyways. It balances out that HUcast has DFP and HUmar as EVP. :|

Saying that HUmar is useless because HUcast have superior ATP makes every other HU completely useless by that logic, sorry, but ATP isn't everything.

If one must use that awful shield for 15 ATA, then HUmar can easilly have higher DFP, anyways, not to mention EVP will be greatly higher. :|

Can't always rely on a FO, 'nuff said. I don't even need to bring in the argument that if a HUnl/RAmarl is being your FO, it isn't their job to spam resta for every little boo-boo.(HUnl and RAmarl I mean, although I do think a lot of HUs and RAs could learn to fend for themselves with FOs too, but that's another story <_<)

Higher HP? RAcast > j00, f00ls! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Jul 24, 2005, 12:01 AM
If you have no need for MST, go play the HUcast.

For someone who plays a RAmarl (Based solely on the sig >_>) you'd think they'd know the importance of MST, no matter how low (And that's really referring to RAmar XD)

Blitzkommando
Jul 24, 2005, 12:30 AM
Gee I never would have expected this to turn into a, "My opinions are better than yours!" thread... Seriously, the person with the most balls is the one who knows when to shut up. Really, this entire thread is opinions and should be treated as such. No need to go off tanget saying "OMGZ J00 R WR0NGZ!" Really, people, come on. Face it, you aren't going to change the opinion of someone who has already made up their mind just because you say that they are wrong. If anything it will start up these petty little fights. Really, reading this makes me think of the little kids in gradeschool arguing over who has the better Pokemon cards.

And in answer to the users poll, again, HUcast. I had more fun as a HUcast and found him to be more my style. And I have a far harder time making a unique HUmar due to the sheer numbers of them that abound.

Saiffy
Jul 24, 2005, 12:41 AM
On 2005-07-23 22:30, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Gee I never would have expected this to turn into a, "My opinions are better than yours!" thread... Seriously, the person with the most balls is the one who knows when to shut up. Really, this entire thread is opinions and should be treated as such. No need to go off tanget saying "OMGZ J00 R WR0NGZ!" Really, people, come on. Face it, you aren't going to change the opinion of someone who has already made up their mind just because you say that they are wrong. If anything it will start up these petty little fights. Really, reading this makes me think of the little kids in gradeschool arguing over who has the better Pokemon cards.

And in answer to the users poll, again, HUcast. I had more fun as a HUcast and found him to be more my style. And I have a far harder time making a unique HUmar due to the sheer numbers of them that abound.

I really don't see any of that here. Some arguments as to why HUmars are useless are just rather weak. Same with why HUcast are useless. The point of a forum is for discussion like this, really. This thread is not as bad as some have gotten. And in the end, no matter what I say, or what you say, or what anybody says. Everybody's going to make a character THEY like. I'm just stating why I like HUmars better. If we weren't allowed to post that, this thread would've gotten locked right off the bat.

Just to note, style has nothing to do with it. Ever. <_<

Dana
Jul 24, 2005, 01:42 AM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifmaybe i went a bit too far by saying HUmars are usless..they are not..

I do play as HUne/RAml and FOne, so i value MST as a high proirity, i love MST^^(wish i used more MIND mats with Dana:( )

Anyways..i do think it evens it out...
Solo=HUmar
Online/Multi=HUcast

but saying that it works for both too

HUcast can solo nicly, and a HUmar can be a valuable member of the team, http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif they can even z/j if needs be^^

Their MUCH higher EVP potential(max by all means possable) would be a GREAT advantage when soloing

And there Defense they have isn't bad either..they have good HP, and enough MST to give nice heal....(nice in their for a non-F0 male)
and they can use t3h seksi Holy Ray

i just believe that a HUcast will benifit a team better than a HUmar, or eben HUne if their is a FO already!

but come on guys...how can we forget HUcl....

Fanta
Jul 24, 2005, 05:31 AM
On 2005-07-23 23:42, Dana_ranger wrote:
but come on guys...how can we forget HUcl....

Well, I did because its about HUcast VS HUmars.

Anyway, its seems to be showing that more people realise the true potential of the HUmar! My HUmar lv 110 have 1700 ATP and 850 EVP, (Big thanks to Delsaber Equipment) now that cant be bad!

trueprophecy
Jul 24, 2005, 11:47 AM
ok i am the origanal poster and im making a HUmar over a HUcast because to many people underrate the HUmar and when a HUcast didnt buy mates and there force dont heal and dies but the HUmar could of healed ill laugh my @$$ off. this topic is over

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trueprophecy on 2005-07-24 09:47 ]</font>