PDA

View Full Version : GC: Do you think ST will even bother with the GC anymore?

Fredrick
Jul 24, 2005, 07:52 PM
Like, are they even planning on making any new quests? Also I really want to know if they are ever going to unlock some items... Mainly the flow gene. People have litterally been waiting years for that to change. Now it seems like Sega is just going to forget about the older PSOs.

Also this one hakker guy I was talking to said that there are a ton of un realeased items. Unfortunetly I cant really remember the names... the only one I can remember is "black flow".

Normally I would be like "Yah, sure, ok..." but he showed me some really crazy stuff. Like one time he put me in a ultimate room when I was ~lv.15. Also in one game I was in he changed the rates or something because every single enemy dropped meseta. There were a few other things he did too, but any ways my point is, I dont think he was lieing.

Ryna
Jul 24, 2005, 08:19 PM
On 2005-07-24 17:52, Fredrick wrote:
Also this one hakker guy I was talking to said that there are a ton of un realeased items. Unfortunetly I cant really remember the names... the only one I can remember is "black flow".

There is no weapon called the Black Flow. If I remember correctly, that is just a mistake in the item list file on the disc.

Also, some of the unreleased items include Photon Crystal, Gene Flow, Red Ring, Bronze Shield, Silver Shield, Gold Shield, and the Dark-series weapons. That is not an exhaustive list, but that is some of the major items.

Anyways, don't expect too many updates for GC in the future. The game is currently in a maintenance phase with little/no new content being developed.

Fredrick
Jul 24, 2005, 08:38 PM
"The game is currently in a maintenance phase with little/no new content being developed."

Maintenance? Is that code for doing nothing? Other then running the servers I dont see what work would need to be done on the game. Its not like it can be patched or anything.

Blitzkommando
Jul 24, 2005, 08:47 PM
It means Sega is still trying to fix all the crap that has been going on. It also means Sega is trying to keep the aging servers from showing their age too much. It is very difficult to run an online game. Even moreso when you are running 5+ sets of servers. PSOBBJP, PSOBB NA/EU,PSOBB CN, PSOGC, PSOX JP, PSOX EU, PSOX US, and developing PSU which undoubtedly has its own test servers. And I'm pretty sure they still have the EU and JP servers for DC still up. Really it is amazing they have all of those servers up at all. Even if all of the servers are in the same building, each server has its own settings apart from the others.

Ryna
Jul 24, 2005, 08:55 PM
On 2005-07-24 18:38, Fredrick wrote:
Maintenance? Is that code for doing nothing? Other then running the servers I dont see what work would need to be done on the game. Its not like it can be patched or anything.

"Maintenance" is a phase in the software development cycle. This phase is only concerned with fixing bugs and maintaining the product. Usually, there is no active development going on to further enhance the product.

In this particular context, it means that Sonic Team is just maintaining the servers and that the vast majorify of the content has been released.

The phase that follows "Maintenance" is "Termination", the phase where you discontinue support.

Fredrick
Jul 24, 2005, 09:06 PM
Well that’s disappointing. Although, I can’t say I am surprised. I figured with BB out they wouldn’t bother with the older versions.

Hmmm... with so few people on the US servers, I wonder why they even keep them up. I bet they are still getting alot of money from lazy people who didn't cancle their accounts. X_x

Sef
Jul 24, 2005, 11:28 PM
On 2005-07-24 19:06, Fredrick wrote:
Hmmm... with so few people on the US servers, I wonder why they even keep them up. I bet they are still getting alot of money from lazy people who didn't cancle their accounts. X_x

Either that, or the people that still want to play. :P

I don't see how people could be lazy enough to not cancel something that's eating their money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sef on 2005-07-24 21:30 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 25, 2005, 12:41 AM
On 2005-07-24 21:28, Sef wrote:

Either that, or the people that still want to play. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I don't see how people could be lazy enough to not cancel something that's eating their money.

Indeed. Actually, I just renewed my GC HL. I had to cancel it and renew it because a billing error had gotten it screwed up so the next billing date wasn't until August, but it had cut off on the 21st of July... Heh.

And I dunno, I get people at work all the time calling to cancel who want the last six or so months back because they forgot to cancel their internet service and they 'haven't used it'. Doesn't matter if they did or not. XP

The great one was the guy who thought he'd cancelled 4 years ago... And hadn't. ROFL.

Dhylec
Jul 25, 2005, 08:23 AM
Ian-KunX wrote:
Indeed. Actually, I just renewed my GC HL. I had to cancel it and renew it because a billing error had gotten it screwed up so the next billing date wasn't until August, but it had cut off on the 21st of July... Heh.

geez, this must mean gc isn't all dead~
hey, does that mean i get to see da zero & eri again, or you have new nubz to lev up? ;3

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 26, 2005, 11:16 AM
There was supposed to be one final quest, follow the footsteps of one of the great hunters, but it got canned when there were programming problems.

Still I wonder why Missing Maracas and Tinkerbell's Dog 2 aren't up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-07-26 09:17 ]</font>